Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I completely lost my shit when he he failed to keep that ball in play on the right hand side from Shaw's(?) pass... that was my "I'm done with Wayne Rooney" moment.
Same here.

It was the combination of being so fecking ponderous getting to the ball, followed by a pub footballer's first touch when he eventually did get there which summed up everything about his current malaise.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To think he was "rested" for this game and so was supposed to be "fresh" :lol:

facund

No because they can set a perfect example and the other players still play shite. If a player does raise the levels of those around him its a bonus but its the exception rather than the rule.
I was kind enough to utilise the rather narrow remit of a captain that you defined but you still keep trying to slip away and further narrow the scope in order to cling to your point.

So the role of a captain was created to set an example on the off chance it may well have an effect on the rest of the team? Fascinating nonsense.

And "game management" (a term you introduced) I suppose is merely practiced by the captain on the off chance that it might just be one of those rare days when this sort of thing has any effect on the team? I would have thought the clue is in the term "management". What are they managing? The game? Well of course not they are attempting to organise the players to suit a specific game situation but I guess them being able to do so would just be a "bonus" or "exception" eh. Makes you wonder why they bother.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought the miscontrol from the Shaw pass was a sign of how much he's declined physically as well as in terms of skill and talent.

He had to sprint to keep the ball in play and when he got there he was so knackered he just stumbled and the ball went out of play.

And then it looked for a split second like he was going to have a moan at Shaw for the pass! Only good thing he did all day was stop himself doing that.

Born2Lose

To think he was "rested" for this game and so was supposed to be "fresh" :lol:
The irony with Rooney and his beer, chips and fags diet is that it actually makes sense to keep playing him every game. It was embarrassing how overweight he was after coming back from injury last season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I completely lost my shit when he he failed to keep that ball in play on the right hand side from Shaw's(?) pass... that was my "I'm done with Wayne Rooney" moment.
Same here.

It was the combination of being so fecking ponderous getting to the ball, followed by a pub footballer's first touch when he eventually did get there which summed up everything about his current malaise.
I was watching a stream but listening to the game on talksport. The commentators on talksport were having a go at Shaw for the pass. I looked at the replay again and started thinking I must be nuts. Maybe my opinion of Rooney has gotten so bad that I'm turning mental.

Ixion

The irony with Rooney and his beer, chips and fags diet is that it actually makes sense to keep playing him every game. It was embarrassing how overweight he was after coming back from injury last season.
It's sad when you compare his conditioning to say Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic who are both older. Playing so much football at a young age combined with his half-arsed approach to staying in shape is catching up with him now.

clarkydaz

I thought the miscontrol from the Shaw pass was a sign of how much he's declined physically as well as in terms of skill and talent.

He had to sprint to keep the ball in play and when he got there he was so knackered he just stumbled and the ball went out of play.

And then it looked for a split second like he was going to have a moan at Shaw for the pass! Only good thing he did all day was stop himself doing that.
the Shaw pass to me isn't a moment of physical decline, that's mental to me. Seriously, you can tell when his head has gone, like the Iceland game.

LouisDanGaal

I was kind enough to utilise the rather narrow remit of a captain that you defined but you still keep trying to slip away and further narrow the scope in order to cling to your point.

So the role of a captain was created to set an example on the off chance it may well have an effect on the rest of the team? Fascinating nonsense.

And "game management" (a term you introduced) I suppose is merely practiced by the captain on the off chance that it might just be one of those rare days when this sort of thing has any effect on the team? I would have thought the clue is in the term "management". What are they managing? The game? Well of course not they are attempting to organise the players to suit a specific game situation but I guess them being able to do so would just be a "bonus" or "exception" eh. Makes you wonder why they bother.
I don't care enough to respond properly, but i'm willing to accept you're right without fully reading it as i'm not really sure what I was even talking about. This was a sunday discussion when I was sat around bored/hungover , its definitely not a Monday conversation when I get in from work. After 132 pages you'd think it would have gone off on some more unusual tangents than this though, like why is nobody criticising his shinpad choice or his refusal to eat uniteds official noodle partners food to focus on big macs? Lets get that going

spwd

There are a couple of terrible moments missing in the video posted a couple of pages back. Which I have included here:

That bit from 30-40 seconds is fecking hilarious and then the one he fires at pogba and Rashford which I mentioned yesterday was brutal, like what the feck were they supposed to do with that:lol:

pseudo_canadian

I'll be livid if he isn't dropped after yet another dumpster-fire performance.

He doesn't even deserve to see the bench, let alone wear the captain's armband.

It's an absolute fecking disgrace that he's gotten away with this level of play for so many years.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The reason they dont play it is because he will either spoon it over, mis-control it and loose possession, or spanner it towards the corner flag. He is done, finished, kaput, as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest, or a chocolate fireguard, or an ashtray on a motorbike, or a handbrake on a canoe, or tits on a fish, or a spoon in a knife fight. He has delusions of adequacy, he is at rock bottom and still digging. He is out of his depth in a puddle, he is grossly crap --144 times crapper than crap.
If he was any less use he would have to be watered twice a week, and if he really believes he has nothing to prove he has ridiculously low standards, which he constantly fails to meet.
He. Is. Finished. Accept it and move on from denial to anger, let the process continue, we are here for you.
:lol::lol::lol:

What an epic rant! Love it!

Sheldon69

He's not the only player to stink the place out at the moment but he is stopping the flow of the team .
Ok ! Blind drops a bollock against city and smalling comes in and blind warms the bench .
Rojo as a go at feyenoord and is pants so shaw comes back in and rojo drops out .
You can go on and on and accept that players are getting chances and not taking there opportunity and we can live with that .

Now when it comes to Rooney ! Now we are talking about a different animal altogether !
I'm no football expert but I've watched the game long enough to see a player on the decline when I see one .
Rooney as been one of my favourite players since he signed all those years ago but since the end of moyes and the van gaal period I've yet to see him dominate/dictate or have a major impact on any game since .
What's more worrying is that we're shoe horning him into other positions at the detriment of other players .
Against Watford he looked like he was playing in a charity game at the age of 40 . Slow , bad first touch , lack of confidence and no impact on the game what do ever .
The question I keep asking myself is why did moyes , LVG and hodgson give him a free pass when performances, albeit not as bad as this season , were on the decline from fergusons last season in charge .
Now big sam says he's not playing in midfield for England then at delle allis (who I rate very highly) expense Rooney starts in midfield against Slovakia ?
Jose says Rooney will play as a striker for United as Rooney is a goal scorer and he won't play midfield . Surprise surprise not 6 games in and Jose plays him cm and it's the same old piss poor performances with the odd 50 yard pass to Valencia .
Why are these managers so scared of dropping him ? Is it the media back lash or do they really rate Rooney so highly ?
Big Sam said in his interview post Slovakia " I don't tell tell wayne Rooney were to play ! It's wayne Rooney !!"
I just don't get it at all .
when I'm looking at the United mourinho I'm not sure if he's lost his spark . No way on earth would Jose put up with these performances , well not the mourinho pre 2013 anyway !
As mourinho been pre warned by the United board before taking the United job to show more humility and this as took the edge of his managerial nous .
I still can't believe fellaini is starting as holding cm before Morgan and carrick but that's for another thread .
Jose needs to leave wayne out and give miki a go at 10 , play pogba further up field and let's get at teams more in the early stages of games .
Mourinho needs to grow a pair and sort this Rooney shit out or it may ultimately cost him his job . I think he's still craving for the Rooney he wanted to sign the year fergie wanted to get rid but mourinhos love in with Rooney needs to stop now before we lose touch altogether of the champions league spots .
Don't forget United and city finished in the same points last season but they look a couple of levels above us this season as pep made some big decisions and faced them head on instead of being a people pleaser like Jose seems to be doing .

Walters_19_MuFc

I'm really surprised at the u turn you fellas have made. Well done in being objective I suppose but I'm just surprised it's only taken this game for you to switch opinion.

Now imagine somebody calling you a hater for wanting him dropped after today. Maybe you can understand our frustration a little.
Rubbish. Not making a u turn at all. I always admit when Rooney has been poor, although it very rarely needs my input as you lot are normally in here like a flash when he has a bad game.

Fact is, at the moment, no one in our team, apart from maybe Rashford, is covering themselves in any glory. I mean, I could understand if our team was playing incredible, and Rooney was awful, but we're not, therefore, I feel it's a bit silly when people think just dropping Rooney will be the solution, as we saw against Feyenoord. He's not the only one in the team who isn't performing at the correct standard. Half of our team should be dropped based on the last few performances.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Rooney just stops fecking around and allows Mourinho to bench him it's a win-win for him. If United plays well, Rooney gets credit for realising that his day has come. If United plays shit Rooney has an excuse to demand a starting spot. Right now he's just alienating everyone.

Walters_19_MuFc

If Rooney just stops fecking around and allows Mourinho to bench him it's a win-win for him. If United plays well, Rooney gets credit for realising that his day has come. If United plays shit Rooney has an excuse to demand a starting spot. Right now he's just alienating everyone.
:confused:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Rubbish. Not making a u turn at all. I always admit when Rooney has been poor, although it very rarely needs my input as you lot are normally in here like a flash when he has a bad game.

Fact is, at the moment, no one in our team, apart from maybe Rashford, is covering themselves in any glory. I mean, I could understand if our team was playing incredible, and Rooney was awful, but we're not, therefore, I feel it's a bit silly when people think just dropping Rooney will be the solution, as we saw against Feyenoord. He's not the only one in the team who isn't performing at the correct standard. Half of our team should be dropped based on the last few performances.
Expecting everything to be rosey when Rooney get's benched is silly i agree, but it's a step in the right direction for the team.

Dobbs

Even when claiming your objective about Rooney you're still defending him when there really is no need. Still mentioning the Feyernord game. Nobody has said dropping Rooney will solve ALL our problems. Can you quote say three posts claiming this? There must be way more than that given how often you argue against it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Even when claiming your objective about Rooney you're still defending him when there really is no need. Still mentioning the Feyernord game. Nobody has said dropping Rooney will solve ALL our problems. Can you quote say three posts claiming this? There must be way more than that given how often you argue against it.
Defending him by saying he's not the only one not pulling his weight and that others should be dropped too?

Let's get one thing straight. I'm a United fan. I've been a United fan way before Rooney arrived at the club. I support United not Rooney, which means if Rooney gets dropped and we go back to winning titles, etc, then I'll be happy. Having said that, I still maintain that dropping Rooney alone will not solve the problem at the club. It's stupid to think that.

Dobbs

Come on you've been arguing against him being dropped all season. You thought he was one of the best players against City, thought it was crazy to even consider subbing him off.

One game later you want him out of the team. This is a full blown U turn.

Dobbs

Defending him by saying he's not the only one not pulling his weight and that others should be dropped too?

Let's get one thing straight. I'm a United fan. I've been a United fan way before Rooney arrived at the club. I support United not Rooney, which means if Rooney gets dropped and we go back to winning titles, etc, then I'll be happy. Having said that, I still maintain that dropping Rooney alone will not solve the problem at the club. It's stupid to think that.
Again who thinks this? Show us the posts.

An Irish Red

Having said that, I still maintain that dropping Rooney alone will not solve the problem at the club. It's stupid to think that.
But that's a defensive argument against a point that exactly nobody has made. Nobody thinks he's the only problem and nobody thinks removing him will make us fantastic.

What people do think however is that any sort of progress cannot be made when we have an awful footballer like him in arguably our attacks most important position. Which we can't.

Walters_19_MuFc

Come on you've been arguing against him being dropped all season. You thought he was one of the best players against City, thought it was crazy to even consider subbing him off.

One game later you want him out of the team. This is a full blown U turn.
I still feel he was one of our better players against City. I'm not the only one who thinks this. Even some that aren't the biggest fans of Rooney said this.

Go through my quotes on Rooney. I've clearly stated that in some games he hasn't been great, but as long as he's contributing to the team, then he will most likely get kept in it.

If he no longer contributes and performs like he did against Watford, then he shouldn't be starting. That said, I think the same about Ibra. Guess that's a full blown U turn too.

Devil may care

But that's a defensive argument against a point that exactly nobody has made. Nobody thinks he's the only problem and nobody thinks removing him will make us fantastic.

What people do think however is that any sort of progress cannot be made when we have an awful footballer like him in arguably our attacks most important position. Which we can't.
Exactly, no one is expecting that the minute we drop Rooney we'll suddenly be shitting goals and playing like '82 Brazil, but if we want the team to improve we need to go 4-3-3 and we need to remove the worst player in it, dropping Rooney isn't an immediate fix, but it's the first step in the right direction and for it to be beneficial it needs to be for several games to give the team a chance to gel, this whole pointing to the Feyenord game is such horseshit, half that team were playing their first game of the season for starters.

Dobbs

I still feel he was one of our better players against City. I'm not the only one who thinks this. Even some that aren't the biggest fans of Rooney said this.

Go through my quotes on Rooney. I've clearly stated that in some games he hasn't been great, but as long as he's contributing to the team, then he will most likely get kept in it.

If he no longer contributes and performs like he did against Watford, then he shouldn't be starting. That said, I think the same about Ibra. Guess that's a full blown U turn too.
Myself and others want him dropped because of years of underperfroming. You want him out after just one game of not contributing. When you thought he was one of the best in only his previous game. You can undestand why I think that's quite a shift in opinion.

Seen your posts on Zlatan. Not a u turn as you haven't been defending him all season. I don't get it though.You've been saying all season that if a player contributes with goals or assists he should stay in the team. Yet you want Ibra dropped. There's no consistency to your argument.

An Irish Red

Exactly, no one is expecting that the minute we drop Rooney we'll suddenly be shitting goals and playing like '82 Brazil, but if we want the team to improve we need to go 4-3-3 and we need to remove the worst player in it, dropping Rooney isn't an immediate fix, but it's the first step in the right direction and for it to be beneficial it needs to be for several games to give the team a chance to gel, this whole pointing to the Feyenord game is such horseshit, half that team were playing their first game of the season for starters.
Getting Rooney out of the side would benefit Ibrahimovic and Pogba, arguably our two most important attacking players, and keeping him in it would only benefit Wayne Rooney.

It's the easiest choice ever, frankly.

Devil may care

Getting Rooney out of the side would benefit Ibrahimovic and Pogba, arguably our two most important attacking players, and keeping him in it would only benefit Wayne Rooney.

It's the easiest choice ever, frankly.
Agreed, he's the logjam between midfield and attack, once removed I am sure the team could gel into a more fluid unit, half the time Rooney acts as a DM for the opposition the way he stops our attacks with his horrendous touch and inability to turn.

Dobbs

All you have to do is read between the lines. Everyone was delighted when Rooney was left out the squad against Feyenoord, only to be let down after the game.
Read between the lines? Deary me. There's pages and pages of discussion here. Surely you can find multiple posts explicitly claiming dropping Rooney would solve ALL our problems? I could find you plenty who want him dropped but confirm he isn't the only problem. There's several on this page alone.

Let's put this one to bed. Quote us a bunch of these posts or give up pretending it's an argument that exists. It does nothing for the debate.

psychdelicblues

The reason they dont play it is because he will either spoon it over, mis-control it and loose possession, or spanner it towards the corner flag. He is done, finished, kaput, as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest, or a chocolate fireguard, or an ashtray on a motorbike, or a handbrake on a canoe, or tits on a fish, or a spoon in a knife fight. He has delusions of adequacy, he is at rock bottom and still digging. He is out of his depth in a puddle, he is grossly crap --144 times crapper than crap.
If he was any less use he would have to be watered twice a week, and if he really believes he has nothing to prove he has ridiculously low standards, which he constantly fails to meet.
He. Is. Finished. Accept it and move on from denial to anger, let the process continue, we are here for you.
Gene Hunt mode.:)

Walters_19_MuFc

Myself and others want him dropped because of years of underperfroming. You want him out after just one game of not contributing. When you thought he was one of the best in only his previous game. You can undestand why I think that's quite a shift in opinion.

Seen your posts on Zlatan. Not a u turn as you haven't been defending him all season. I don't get it though.You've been saying all season that if a player contributes with goals or assists he should stay in the team. Yet you want Ibra dropped. There's no consistency to your argument.
Why are we talking about the past? New manager, new players, system, etc. Move on and stop dwelling over what has happened. I mean, most of you lot wanted Fellaini dropped, yet he's arguably been our most consistent performer this season. This is why it's pointless bringing up past seasons.

Rooney, and every other player in our squad, should be judged on what they do this season, and so far there are a lot of players not pulling their weight.

I'm just interested to see where I said I want Rooney dropped, though.

I've not been defending Ibra because he hasn't needed defending. Despite his below average performances, he doesn't get half the stick Rooney gets, despite performing at a similar level.

Rooney hasn't contributed in his last two games, nor has Zlatan. How is there no consistency?

Walters_19_MuFc

Read between the lines? Deary me. There's pages and pages of discussion here. Surely you can find multiple posts explicitly claiming dropping Rooney would solve ALL our problems? I could find you plenty who want him dropped but confirm he isn't the only problem. There's several on this page alone.

Let's put this one to bed. Quote us a bunch of these posts or give up pretending it's an argument that exists. It does nothing for the debate.
People wouldn't have the guts to say that because they don't want to look like fools, but it doesn't take a genius to know what they're thinking. Cmon.

Dobbs

I'm just interested to see where I said I want Rooney dropped, though.

Rooney hasn't contributed in his last two games, nor has Zlatan. How is there no consistency?
You just said during this exchange that Rooney should be dropped after the Watford game. You've said it on other occasions as well. In the Zlatan thread for example you said both should be dropped.

Zlatan scored against City and put the cross in for the Watford goal(not much of a contribution but you'd point it out were it Rooney).

So not sure what you're on about at all here.

People wouldn't have the guts to say that because they don't want to look like fools, but it doesn't take a genius to know what they're thinking. Cmon.
This is just paranoia now. So you can't find one post in all these pages that says dropping Rooney would solve ALL our problems but you still believe it's a popular opinion? Where as on this page alone there are several posters who want him dropped but accept it won't fix everything.

What has Rooney done to you guys :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.