Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

:lol: WHAT? Are you serious?

2010-11 season: 16 goals and 14 assists
2011-12 season: 34 goals and 9 assists
2012-13 season: 16 goals and 14 assists (RVP's first year - he was so detrimental to the team right?)
2013-14 season: 19 goals and 22 assists (Boy that partnership with RVP is clearly not working out)

The cafe has some kind of hate for Rooney. Some of it is just unwarranted. LVG's first year was the first time he scored less than 15 goals in a season (14) in as far as I can remember. Every other year it has been a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 43. You have to go all the way back to his Everton days when he scored 9 goals in season. That was back in 2003-04.
About 2013-2014 stat: if you use it to talk about Rooney - RVP's partnership, then you're misled. If you check match day stat, there were games these two passed to the other less than a handful. That includes the kickoff pass! So basically these 2 didn't combine together. They just hold up play then pass to the winger, get into position to receive the cross. Assist can still be made, but the overall partnership is dire in this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ey-Robin-van-Persie-not-playing-together.html

Not full season, but RVP and Rooney didn't play much together toward the end of that season, this does tell something!

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
About 2013-2014 stat.: if you use it to talk about Rooney - RVP's partnership then you're misled. If you check match day stat, there were games these two passed to the other less than a handful. That includes the kickoff pass! So basically these 2 didn't combine together. They just hold up play then pass to the winger, get into position to receive the cross. Assist can still be made, but the overall partnership is dire in this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ey-Robin-van-Persie-not-playing-together.html

Not full season, but RVP and Rooney didn't play much together toward the end of that season, this does tell something!
There partnership didn't work, I agree. Which makes Rooney's stats from that season all the more impressive. He doesn't choose his striker partner, tactics, or formation but when the manager has got all right (and he's had a bit of luck with injuries) he has posted exceptional figures. What's really impressive, though, is that he has usually remained productive even when these things are working against him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
What's with this weird Rooney hate stuff? Who has actually said they hate him?
If you think that Rooney is shite/past it/not good enough/doesn't warrant a starting place/earns too much in relation to his actual performance you're a hater/not a United fan/agenda driven.

Devil may care

It will be interesting to see Jose's self preservation vs Rooney pandering. In the case of LvG he was only here 3 years max and wanted to retire afterwards so he wasn't taking on our "star" player, Jose is 10 years younger and I don't think he fancies sputtering out after 3 seasons, so at some point he'll have to Schweinsteiger Rooney.

Gerald G

It's more the fact, if you write anything remotely positive about Wayne Rooney it get's immediately jumped on by frothing at the mouth haters. He had a decent game and looks to be about to start the season in half decent form. Like it or not, he will be starting the season as first choice for us, so at the end of the day, him playing better than last season is in our best interests.
Exactly this.

ti vu

There partnership didn't work, I agree. Which makes Rooney's stats from that season all the more impressive. He doesn't choose his striker partner, tactics, or formation but when the manager has got all right (and he's had a bit of luck with injuries) he has posted exceptional figures. What's really impressive, though, is that he has usually remained productive even when these things are working against him.
I don't disagree. I maintain my own opinion that Rooney also suffered from LVG's style to certain level.

Here I only dispute the idea that assist stat means well oiled partnership, which is misleading.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Van Persie is actually receiver of second most assists from Rooney with 8. Ronaldo loves Rooney the most of course, 13 goals Wazza provided for him. :cool:

From that season: 4 Van Persie, 3 Valencia and Welbeck (all comps)

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Are you really that blind or just a crap WUM? If rooney has a blinder and plays like he used to absolutely no one is going to be unhappy.
Doubt that
What's with this weird Rooney hate stuff? Who has actually said they hate him?
Well, let's say he's heavily disliked (contractual issues being the main reason). Its pretty obvious just by reading all his threads. If you think the dislike for him is of normal standards for a players that's done what he's done since he's been here, then you're living in a parallel universe.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Doubt that

Well, let's say he's heavily disliked (contractual issues being the main reason). Its pretty obvious just by reading all his threads. If you think the dislike for him is of normal standards for a players that's done what he's done since he's been here, then you're living in a parallel universe.
Really? :rolleyes:

Devil may care

It's frustration on the part of a lot of us as he holds the team back by constantly being shoehorned in despite being past it.

Treble

I think there are several reasons why he is heavily disliked by many fans and contractual issues is not the most important. Rooney is supposed to be our talisman and is one of the highest paid footballers on the planet, yet he's been generally unimpressive for United over the last seasons, especially the last one. To contribute zero points in the league over the entire first half of the season (15/16) is absolutely unacceptable for a player of such stature. There's been a huge gap between what he is supposed to be on the pitch - say, one of the top 10 players in the world - and what he has delivered. This gap between expectations and reality and the fact that he is almost guaranteed to start games irrespectively of his form has provoked the feeling that Rooney is holding United back. Another factor for him being disliked is that his fans in the media and on here do not want to acknowledge his decline and are prone to exaggerate every ok performance and to find cheap excuses for his prolonged periods of crap form. When your star player scores only 2 and assist 1 league goals over 4-5 months of football, yet the media do not notice how crap he is, well, this may be somewhat infuriating. We are not supposed to live in "1984".

My gut feeling for next season is that Mou will struggle big time if he relies on Rooney to deliver the goods. Probalby Rooney has it in him to be very good for a month or two but that's it. He will inevetiably find a way to become average.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Are you really that blind or just a crap WUM? If rooney has a blinder and plays like he used to absolutely no one is going to be unhappy.
Indeed.
I'd love it if Rooney plays with aggression, pace, power, with a single minded determination to score a goal (like he used to) and scored 20 league goals this season.
Unfortunately, in the last 2 season, he has scored a total of 20 league goals, which is pitiful.
He was the 26th highest goal scorer in the league last season.

IMO, he is not good enough to be a striker at a EPL club.
And he is definitely not good enough to be a striker at a club aspiring to win a league title.

Art Vandelay

And that's all it is isn't it?
So you're a bit upset that people don't feel the way you do about a player, came in here to try and goad them a bit and are now basically trying to pass off negative opinions as hate. Why? It just makes you look like a teenage girl that's getting annoyed because people are slagging off Take That(or whoever the modern day equivalent are).

Devil may care

And that's all it is isn't it?
Yes, what tinfoil hat theory are you working off? Some don't like him because he's Scouse and held the club up publicly, but for many of us it's merely that he's a spent force and should be replaced.

Duafc

Village Lemon
So you're a bit upset that people don't feel the way you do about a player, came in here to try and goad them a bit and are now basically trying to pass off negative opinions as hate. Why? It just makes you look like a teenage girl that's getting annoyed because people are slagging off Take That(or whoever the modern day equivalent are).
I don't think it takes much goading.

Top posters in every Rooney thread are the same bunch. Yourself at the fore ... It would be funny if it wasn't so tedious.

Steven Seagull

You're pretty much on the opposite side of the fence. Annoyed at all these take that defenders that like somebody you don't. It's equally childish

RooneyLegend

If he plays well everyone would have shut up.

He didn't play well, for 3 years.
He didn't play well during the Moyes season?
Yes, what tinfoil hat theory are you working off? Some don't like him because he's Scouse and held the club up publicly, but for many of us it's merely that he's a spent force and should be replaced.
Lots of our players have been spent forces over the years but you wouldn't hear this sort of stuff. Some here are desperate to see him out of the club. Not even benched, but gone for good. The attitude towards him in this place has changed dramatically since the contract stuff. Carrick has been dire for some time too, go to his thread the tone is nothing like this. Even Schweinsteiger has lots in his thread defending him and he's contributed nothing to the club.
The only ones that are upset is you lot, not me. There's negative comments and then there's hate(or deep dislike if it makes you feel better).

Art Vandelay

You're pretty much on the opposite side of the fence. Annoyed at all these take that defenders that like somebody you don't. It's equally childish
I have no problem with people still believing in him. I've only questioned when people were trying to sweep all negative opinion under the rug and dismissed as hate or agendas.

Devil may care

Lots of our players have been spent forces over the years but you wouldn't hear this sort of stuff. Some here are desperate to see him out of the club. Not even benched, but gone for good. The attitude towards him in this place has changed dramatically since the contract stuff. Carrick has been dire for some time too, go to his thread the tone is nothing like this. Even Schweinsteiger has lots in his thread defending him and he's contributed nothing to the club.
The difference between Rooney and the others is they weren't/aren't on a ridiculous contract that means they get shoehorned in week after week no matter how they play.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He didn't play well during the Moyes season?
The only ones that are upset is you lot, not me. There's negative comments and then there's hate(or deep dislike if it makes you feel better).
Carrick got dropped. Bfs is getting transfer listed. While rooney gets shifted somewhere else and stinks somewhere else.

Do you see us defending bfs? Carrick?

So what if he plays good under moyes, he was supposed to olay good as our captain. Jonny evans played good under saf, should we kept him? Rvp was good under fergie. Should we kept him?

It's not like it's 3 games, it's 3 season of utter shit. He cant pass, he cant trap the ball, he lost posession without being tackled 10 times in a games.

But we all hate him because of the contract eh?

RooneyLegend

Carrick got dropped. Bfs is getting transfer listed. While rooney gets shifted somewhere else and stinks somewhere else.

So what if he plays good under moyes, he was supposed to olay good as our captain. Jonny evans played good under saf, should we kept him? Rvp was good under fergie. Should we kept him?

It's not like it's 3 games, it's 3 season of utter shit. He cant pass, he cant trap the ball, he lost posession without being tackled 10 times in a games.

How is him not getting dropped his problem? Surely that's the managers prerogative? He doesn't make the line up so him not being benched can't be his fault or am I confused?

He can't pass? So how does he average 83% in pass completion as a forward? How does he lose the ball 10 times without being tackled? There isn't any statistically data you could use to back any of these claims up as they're absurd. If he was that bad, he probably wouldn't still be playing professionally. We've had a plethora of under performers in recent times, maybe just maybe under a new manager he'll do better given almost every one played beyond their level? Jose seems to think so, so we'll see how that pans out.

He's been poor for three seasons? But if I'm not getting my basic maths wrong, the moyes season is part of that and he didn't play poorly there right? Or did he and I missed something.

There's not defending someone, and then there's spewing the utter nonsense that you'll see regularly in this thread. Hence why I labled it as 'hate' which riled some up.

RooneyLegend

The difference between Rooney and the others is they weren't/aren't on a ridiculous contract that means they get shoehorned in week after week no matter how they play.
No such thing, wages don't determine if a player plays or doesn't. We have had players on big wages even recently that have been benched. Our previous manager himself had a history of benching high profile players. Maybe, just maybe Van Gaal played him cause he felt he didn't have better alternatives in the positions he played him or maybe wasn't as disappointed in his performances as others?

dichinero

I guess we have to be brave and face the season with watching Rooney for another season. Add Fellaini, Rojo and possibly Young to that list. Supporting United is not for the faint hearted, I tell you!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How is him not getting dropped his problem? Surely that's the managers prerogative? He doesn't make the line up so him not being benched can't be his fault or am I confused?

He can't pass? So how does he average 83% in pass completion as a forward? How does he lose the ball 10 times without being tackled? There isn't any statistically data you could use to back any of these claims up as they're absurd. If he was that bad, he probably wouldn't still be playing professionally. We've had a plethora of under performers in recent times, maybe just maybe under a new manager he'll do better given almost every one played beyond their level? Jose seems to think so, so we'll see how that pans out.

He's been poor for three seasons? But if I'm not getting my basic maths wrong, the moyes season is part of that and he didn't play poorly there right? Or did he and I missed something.

There's not defending someone, and then there's spewing the utter nonsense that you'll see regularly in this thread. Hence why I labled it as 'hate' which riled some up.
Do you actually watch the game? You dont need stats. All you need is a pair of eyes.

Rooney mispass and gave away the ball 4 times against iceland alone. And i dare you to find a match where he didnt give away the ball with his lousy pass. Go ahead.

rocks13

Do you actually watch the game? You dont need stats. All you need is a pair of eyes.

Rooney mispass and gave away the ball 4 times against iceland alone. And i dare you to find a match where he didnt give away the ball with his lousy pass. Go ahead.
I challenge you to find any match for any player where they didn't give the ball away.

Minimalist

I personally have no issue with Mourinho waiting to see how the season goes first. I'll be delighted if Rooney rolls back the clock and it suggests the previous two/three years of shite were down to playing style. If a fast, counter attack style brings the best out of him - great. At the end of the day, I just want United to be successful.

My issue, and I would guess everyone elses, is if he is wank like last season, will Jose drop him and give up waiting for him to turn it around? If he doesn't I'm convinced he's got something in his contract.

rocks13

I challenge you to find 200k above player / captain who gave away the ball 5 times and doesn't get a flak.

I challenge you to find 200k above player that does that in 3 years
Not really sure I understand your second challenge

Devil may care

No such thing, wages don't determine if a player plays or doesn't. We have had players on big wages even recently that have been benched. Our previous manager himself had a history of benching high profile players. Maybe, just maybe Van Gaal played him cause he felt he didn't have better alternatives in the positions he played him or maybe wasn't as disappointed in his performances as others?
If his eyes were working I don't see how that is feasible, you also have to remember that the manager that benched previous big time players was Fergie, none of them came close to being as big of a deal as he was at United. LvG had no tenure in comparison to Rooney who had been the teams flagship since Ronaldo left.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't hate the guy. That's kinda ridiculous. He's been a great player for United. But last season he was terrible. No question. His first touch was shocking. His general play likewise. And I struggle to believe he can somehow become the player he was, or half that.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

It's crap like that that makes people say some of you have an agenda.

You can critsize Rooney and he has been very poor, especially during 2015 but saying "he can't pass" just proves you don't rate him at all at something he is actually good at.

If you would have said he makes needless passes to the wings, even that would have been understandable. Also he hasn't been complete shit for 3 seasons. Last season was his worst and he was average before that and in 2013/14 he was actually playing pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.