5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

His laziness is worse than the missed chances. He doesn't give a toss. He gets his 250k/wk - doesn't matter to him at all.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just pay him off and be done with it. Whilst we're at it, let Ibra go - MLS can use him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If I didn't know he was shite, i'd say he's trying to get the manager sacked.

Giggs86

Was someone even surprised when he missed that? It's basically the same as missing a penalty. Sad part is I expected him to miss that so I wasn't even mad at him. Just put him out of his misery already and ship him out to MLS/China/Sunderland.

Water Melon

Neither Wayne nor Ibra are good enough to lead the fron line. They are both past their prime. Our best strikers are used on wings these days.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is yet to make a case in any appearance that he should start next game. Actually, I am not sure why is he getting sub appearances either.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
cant decide is it worse to start him or not....
when he isnt starting you know he will be subbed on and the game is over, when he starts you can at least hope that he will be subbed off:lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I've got no idea why he's being used as a sub towards the end of a game where we're chasing a win. It's not a role that suits him at all. He doesn't have the pace to outrun/outperform other, more tired players, and he's not someone who you can rely on at all when it comes to playing fast paced football anymore that can often come when a side is frantically chasing a game.

I'm glad he's not playing, but if we're going to use him at all then it shouldn't be pandering in the form of giving him a few minutes in a role that's unsuited to his current game.

Devil may care

He just has nothing to offer, when you come off the bench it's usually to try and change a game or defensively secure things to see a game out, he can't do either, just completely pointless.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
The crowd seemed to be very annoyed when he slowed things down or passed it backwards when he got the ball. Any matchgoers able to shed some light on how the the OT crowd feel about Rooney these days?

iHicksy

Bare in mind when he came on he had fresh legs. He couldn't beat their left back one v one, the one time he was in a position to do so with the ball, he somehow managed to do some kind of crab jump and give the ball right to him. He picked up the ball numerous times in the opponents half and instead of playing the ball forward insisted on playing some needless Hollywood pass over to the other side of the pitch (but backwards away from goal).

He seems to think he's the new Scholes, only Scholes played these cross field passers when they would progress the play, Rooney does them because he thinks that's what being a midfielder is all about, he hits one and, job done.

psychdelicblues

I've got no idea why he's being used as a sub towards the end of a game where we're chasing a win. It's not a role that suits him at all. He doesn't have the pace to outrun/outperform other, more tired players, and he's not someone who you can rely on at all when it comes to playing fast paced football anymore that can often come when a side is frantically chasing a game.

I'm glad he's not playing, but if we're going to use him at all then it shouldn't be pandering in the form of giving him a few minutes in a role that's unsuited to his current game.
He just has nothing to offer, when you come off the bench it's usually to try and change a game or defensively secure things to see a game out, he can't do either, just completely pointless.
Basically he does not have any qualities you expect of a impact sub, defensively or offensively. I'ts the price United have to pay while Rooney is still on the books. We will be getting these Rooney 'cameos' while he is still in the matchday squads. We should be grateful to Mourhino that Rooney is not part of the best 11 anymore, and hopefully come the summer, United can get rid.

3KDré

I remember him coming on and there was no one on the right and an abundance of players on the left. He just stood there waiting for someone to run to the right. What is with his preference for the right hand side of the pitch?

Eddy_JukeZ

Came on fresh vs a ragged team and looked even worse than he has before. It's quite shocking how far Rooney has fallen.

He wouldn't feature for any PL team realistically. He's done for. The MLS beckons.

iKeano

He warmed up in front of me for what seemed like ages. I almost felt bad for him... Until he came on... And reminded me how bad he is now.
He was 33.33% of three brutal substitutions today.

ottosec

Offers nothing these days. Not even his usual high energy and dedication, when he came on he looked more tired that the players that actually played from the start. That dribbling attempt was laughable. :lol:

El Zoido

I think he now knows himself that he's finished. He's playing like the penny's finally dropped.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Came on fresh vs a ragged team and looked even worse than he has before. It's quite shocking how far Rooney has fallen.

He wouldn't feature for any PL team realistically. He's done for. The MLS beckons.
Yeah.

The worrying thing is that he has had plenty of "rest" lately so you can't really put it down to fatigue either. He came on yesterday and looked more heavy legged than anyone else.

The extent of his physical decline is just astounding

Ixion

:lol: I see he has 1% of the MotM vote on here. Every single week without fail as long as he plays some people on here vote for him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Bad river meant I missed his miss. Anyone have a gif of it or something?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bad river meant I missed his miss. Anyone have a gif of it or something?
He should have hit the target 14 yards out as he peeled to penalty spot for a cut back on a corner but not an easy as chance as a few are making out. Was just at desperate stage time of the game.

m1y2

well I am at the stage where I am not even mad at him, how shocking he is, he gets our team play worse, don't understand why he's still at United, he's a disgrace

Ixion

To be fair his miss at the end wasn't that bad really, chances like that are very difficult to keep down. Blind scored an even more difficult one of those against Liverpool last year but your technique needs to be perfect to not sky it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Alexi Lalas reckons he's not good enough for the MLS.

Well, would be a poor investment at least.

Godfather

To be fair his miss at the end wasn't that bad really, chances like that are very difficult to keep down. Blind scored an even more difficult one of those against Liverpool last year but your technique needs to be perfect to not sky it.
There is no excuse for not getting it on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.