Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Came on fresh vs a ragged team and looked even worse than he has before. It's quite shocking how far Rooney has fallen.

He wouldn't feature for any PL team realistically. He's done for. The MLS beckons.
I have said this for over a year now...he is not EPL quality. He finished in 26th place, in the goal scoring charts in the EPL, last season.. This tells me that there are many other strikers who are cheaper to hire and can score more goals. Of course, his supporters will tell you that he scored 3 goals against Brugge and that this is a magnificent feat.

Now, regarding the MLS...

Alexi Lalas reckons he's not good enough for the MLS.
In that case, we need to do everything possible to extend his contract and keep him at MUFC.
We can't have Rooney out of contract and looking for a club in the Championship!

Last edited:

LouisDanGaal

Shit when he came on, and blazed one of our best chances over when it mattered.

A name: that's all he is. As is Ibra.

Both mercenaries and need to feck off, the sooner the better.

Give chances to younger, faster, hungrier, more talented players. Play Rashford up front, even Martial. But I never want to see either of these near our front line.
He has played for us for 10 years

TheReligion

Abusive
To be fair his miss at the end wasn't that bad really, chances like that are very difficult to keep down. Blind scored an even more difficult one of those against Liverpool last year but your technique needs to be perfect to not sky it.
He should have hit the target with all that space from the penalty spot.

No doubt about it. He could have took a touch even and placed it.

Irrational.

He has played for us for 10 years
Let's face it, he would be no where near the club if he wasn't on £300k per week. Don't forget his transfer requests and questioning the club's ambition - and then it all going quiet when he got his fat bumper new contract.

He was a goner until Moyes rescued his United career.

LouisDanGaal

Let's face it, he would be no where near the club if he wasn't on £300k per week. Don't forget his transfer requests and questioning the club's ambition - and then it all going quiet when he got his fat bumper new contract.

He was a goner until Moyes rescued his United career.

Those transfer requests were related to a questioning of the ambition of the club and signing ozil and subsequently because Fergie was making moves to get him out of the team. He has showed great passion at his time for us, become captain and been sensational.

He may be shite but he definitely cares.

superdry

touched by a genius
Those transfer requests were related to a questioning of the ambition of the club and signing ozil and subsequently because Fergie was making moves to get him out of the team. He has showed great passion at his time for us, become captain and been sensational.

£300k/week is too much for a carer.
Carers are real heroes and underpaid!

Last edited:

dichinero

To be fair his miss at the end wasn't that bad really, chances like that are very difficult to keep down. Blind scored an even more difficult one of those against Liverpool last year but your technique needs to be perfect to not sky it.
With the space he had and the position he was in? That was absolutely terrible for a player that hasn't been for more than 40min.

MDFC Manager

He should have hit the target with all that space from the penalty spot.

No doubt about it. He could have took a touch even and placed it.
His all round play has turned shite but now his one redeeming feature - his finishing, has also turned shite.

Minimalist

:rolleyes: For goodness sake we don't have a clue either way and personally I couldn't care less if he 'cares'. He's shite - physically awful and needs shipping out pronto.

pseudo_canadian

Absolute garbage.

That miss was inexcusable, and his overall performance was useless. Though it's not surprising with how he's regressed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is playing like a player that has given up on ever getting into the XI.
Like "I'm never going to get my spot back so, what's the point."

clarkydaz

He is playing like a player that has given up on ever getting into the XI.
Like "I'm never going to get my spot back so, what's the point."
i think reality has crashed in on him. Even the inner belief he was great while playing shite has gone

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Any words from matchgoers how the word is on Rooney? It sounded like the stadium was really annoyed at him almost every time he did something on Saturday.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Skying a shot while under no pressure. Why has his finishing gone to shit as well?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Singling out this particular shot in that match full of bad finishing is witch-hunt stuff. It wasn't in the top 4 chances probably, and if he had scored it would be among his better goals.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Singling out this particular shot in that match full of bad finishing is witch-hunt stuff. It wasn't in the top 4 chances probably, and if he had scored it would be among his better goals.
Not sure if serious.. you really would take a bullet for him wouldn't you :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Singling out that chance doesn't mean we don't think Zlatan's finishing wasn't as terrible.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Not sure if serious.. you really would take a bullet for him wouldn't you :lol:
:confused:
I've wanted him out of the team since last December, and I usually yell at the screen when he is playing. His worst moment yesterday wasn't his failure on this difficult finish, it was the pathetic attempt at a dribble on the left wing. The rest of his cameo was basic passing. 5/10 overall.
The shot reminded me of Blind vs Liverpool last year, it is not a guaranteed goal by any stretch of the imagination.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
There were at lot of players in front of him, fair enough, but he should've at least got it on goal.
This if fair enough, but I do think most shots on target would have been blocked because of the number of bodies and then superman in goal. He was right to try for height and placement but messed it up.

Sparky10Legend

I truly despise Rooney, but it was by no means a sitter. As per though his overall "contribution" was less than nothing.

dichinero

Desperate stuff here, buddy!

redflair

By far the most important thing for this season was reducing the **** of this player's influence and personality across the dressing room and on the pitch.

That has happened - and Mourinho has been brave enough to take it on. The rest is baby steps - but do not underestimate how much the manager has already done by lancing that particular boil.

It is far more significant that one terrible game or a glut of missed chances.

nemanja15

Desperate stuff here, buddy!
Not particularly, I'd say. The sheer number of bodies in the way there (most players from both teams) means that for Rooney to score, he has to lift it and aim high in the goal. People are making that sound like a ridiculously easy chance he missed, which just isn't the case. If he'd driven it hard and low, was going on target but blocked by the first or second player in the way, it would have been far more stupid... he had to give it the best chance possible and he did that in my opinion. Doesn't take away from the fact he ultimately didn't score, of course.

spwd

By far the most important thing for this season was reducing the **** of this player's influence and personality across the dressing room and on the pitch.

That has happened - and Mourinho has been brave enough to take it on. The rest is baby steps - but do not underestimate how much the manager has already done by lancing that particular boil.

It is far more significant that one terrible game or a glut of missed chances.
Well said.

LouisDanGaal

:rolleyes: For goodness sake we don't have a clue either way and personally I couldn't care less if he 'cares'. He's shite - physically awful and needs shipping out pronto.
That's fine I was just debating calling a club legend a mercenary, the rest of it, fair enough.

AndyJ1985

That's fine I was just debating calling a club legend a mercenary, the rest of it, fair enough.
Not all of us consider him a club legend and I don't think calling him a mercenary is too far from the truth. I have no trouble believing he would have joined Chelsea had we not bent over backwards to make him one of the highest paid players in the world.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I truly despise Rooney, but it was by no means a sitter. As per though his overall "contribution" was less than nothing.
You'd think the minimum would be getting it on target though wouldn't you?
With that little pressure, a nice ball to hit, and being that close to goal?

Treble

Most fans wouldn't complain about the miss if Rooney were playing well and scoring goals. But the miss is seen as a confirmation of his decline. That was a golden opportunity for him to contribute something of note. Not sure when the next opportunity will come.

Dante

Average bang
Most fans wouldn't complain about the miss if Rooney were playing well and scoring goals. But the miss is seen as a confirmation of his decline. That was a golden opportunity for him to contribute something of note. Not sure when the next opportunity will come.
Confirmation bias

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
He was brought on to score goals, he failed when a huge opportunity presented it self.. It's not weird that people complain.

wr8_utd

:'(
There's no point bringing him on in midfield if he's to come on despite what he might think about his suitability to that role. He played well vs Fener when he was upfront and that is where he should play if he does come on but then now we have another undroppable and unsubbable striker so that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.