5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Need help guys when was the last time Rooney actually started a league game?
Pre Xmas against West Brom I think.

As little as he contributes I'd still be shocked if he left before the end of the month. I think he's a certainty to leave in the Summer though.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Incase he does go this month, I hope he atleast gets to come on in the final if we're winning. Would be nice to end his career here with him lifting a trophy.
I can't see that at all if he's not fit enough to even travel over with the team for tomorrow's game (assuming we've heard the truth about his present fitness) but even if he can play at all, beating Southampton is going to take a hell of a lot of doing given they've been preparing for this match for it seems like weeks without distraction, and seemed to have signed a new team since the transfer window closed; imagining we could potentially use a sub (or even a place on the bench) for sentimental reasons doesn't seem an option at all.

Last edited:

Trizy

Wait till he leaves, retires and brings out another book. He's gonna go hard at United, well see how much of a "legend" he is then.

RedStarUnited

Wait till he leaves, retires and brings out another book. He's gonna go hard at United, well see how much of a "legend" he is then.
Didnt his last contract renewal include an ambassador type role for him in the future? If that is so, that will shut him up.

simmee

So now that he's not playing anymore we've gone over to be mad about a potential book he might write where he might bad mouth his old club? Yeah, that seems reasonable.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Even some of our most loveable legends have come out with stupid things post retirement. Doesn't diminish their on field achievements.

And you effectively slating him now for something he might hypothetically do. What if he doesn't?

wr8_utd

:'(
Things like this don't even surprise me anymore.

aside from the money, it seems unlikely he will be a regular at even Everton.
China seems a logical move. The only question is his family.
If he is hardly playing now, what more next season.
I'd read somewhere he's building another house here? Don't see him going to China at all.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Ive spent years defending Rooney and I was very happy and impressed with the goal that got the record, but it now feels like we are wasting big money every week paying him.

If we can not only save the salary but also recoup a fee then he needs to shift his arse to China. I think now it's finally the right time

Ashley R1+O

Oh and this
The sun. Don't read news dot com it will rot your brain, read something respectable like the guardian, sky, bbc or fox sports. We're lucky in Australia we can filter out the shite journalism with the wave of a mouse cursor.

Just realized he has 15 goals and assists for the season. Pretty impressive contribution behind Zlatan. Important.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Writing a book off a one night stand. That's desperate.
Doing it for her son, now that "he can understand things." Wtf.

Was there always trashy people like these in the past and the tabloids are only outing them, or did the tabloid culture help create these trashy individuals? What would a Victorian era tabloid look like, I wonder.

Djemba-Djemba

Ive spent years defending Rooney and I was very happy and impressed with the goal that got the record, but it now feels like we are wasting big money every week paying him.

If we can not only save the salary but also recoup a fee then he needs to shift his arse to China. I think now it's finally the right time
We are wasting big money on him.

He's a squad player yet he's the highest earner. It's a ridiculous situation.

Virgil

Incase he does go this month, I hope he atleast gets to come on in the final if we're winning. Would be nice to end his career here with him lifting a trophy.
I hope so too. Will be interesting to see if Jose puts him on the bench. Mind you I reckon he would not use him unless we were a couple of goals up with 15 minutes to play. If he is used I expect it to be a cameo role for the last few minutes (assuming we are winning comfortably) I also reckon he would get a rousing reception from our supporters.

red4ever 79

Please dont go.
Wayne I love you so,
And I want you to know
That I will miss your goals
The minute you walk out that door.
Please dont go

jem

Apparently he's been 'surprised' and caught 'unaware' by Mourinho's comments (which were basically nothing is guaranteed and you'd have to ask Rooney about leaving for China.) Honestly, I'm sick of the likes of Shaw and Rooney's constant unawareness.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Weird... his stats would suggest that he's had an OK season. 15 goals and assists in 29 appearances (18 starts) Really decent numbers, shame he's a little crap.
To be fair to him, he has been better this season than he has been the last few years. Not at the beginning, but since Mourinho dropped him his level of performance has improved. Of course he had that small burst of actual good form when it first happened (the bearded Rooney), but even after that when he started to slide away again he's still generally been decent (I think people have been a bit harsh on him during this period). He hasn't been great, but if it was a squad player coming in and playing like that we'd have mostly been happy with him.

Of course, it's a bit sad that 'decent' is still quite a bit better than he has been the last few seasons.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Apparently he's been 'surprised' and caught 'unaware' by Mourinho's comments (which were basically nothing is guaranteed and you'd have to ask Rooney about leaving for China.) Honestly, I'm sick of the likes of Shaw and Rooney's constant unawareness.
Next comes confused and angry

FacerTheRed

If he goes to China, doubt it will be for more than 2 years at most.
I know it was mentioned that he wanted to finish playing at Everton. Doubt that will happen. Think he may take a coachong role somewhere and perhaps management.
Right now I cant see him going to China, World Cup is next year and if he takes that offer then he might as well retire from international football, because no way he will get picked if he is doing well over at China. So him going to China will just jeopardize his position as not as England captain but also in the squad aswell which is already in jeopardy. So I cant see him giving up that up so easily, especially with the World Cup (which WILL be his last international tournament) being next year. It's all the matter of will he either money or football.

0161_UNITED

The MEN article was interesting, basically that the Chinese interest was minimal and MLS isn't interested. No doubt the price tag is leaving some cautious. I've no doubt if an offer comes in from China anywhere near the Tevez, unscrupulous Stretford will be all over it, though. No one should underestimate just how greedy Stretford is and the influence he has over Rooney.

I agree with those on here that think some posters are way, way too harsh on Rooney. He most certainly hasn't been poor for 5 years. I think he was one of the very few who can hold his chin up high after Moyes' disaster of a season, and he's certainly not to blame for "the philosophy".

However, he's certainly past his best now. I have no problem with him staying on til the Summer, but if the right offer comes in, I'll have no problem with him moving on.

Great player, one of my all time favorites on the pitch, but I'd be fine with our options if he does decide to move on.

jem

Next comes confused and angry
And right on cue, Luke Shaw is apparently 'bemused' by his lack of opportunities (it is worth noting that that clown Jamie Jackson tends to be the writer of such articles, and that they, therefore, should be taken with a massive grain of salt.)

prateik

Genuinely feel bad for him now. Possibly his last Wembley match... Been nearly subbed on twice and now wont get on the pitch.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is the most expensive cheer leader and cup handler in football history

Zoo

Held it up well and distributed it on nicely. Well done Wayne.

Dobbs

Not a Rooney fan and this must hard for him.

But compare his demeanour to RVN's sulking 11 years ago.

It's been classy as feck.
Yeah looked genuinely happy for the team despite his own circumstances. That's the way it should be but still good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.