Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You sir have said well
That's when you need a curator to explain what it is, and how exquisite that 'mountain' is. You can't help but nodding your head, contemplating at those deep and profound words by art expert.

Then you feel satisfied with yourself, knowing that you can see something that many others can't; and see those people as illiterate peasants who don't understand art. They just don't 'get it'.

Full bodied red

I know it's not fashionable on here these days, but....

He was OK today....We looked a lot better with Rooney on the pitch than we did after he'd been subbed.

Must mean something !

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think he was that bad today, but these days he is some kind of second striker who doesn't possess any goal threat and hardly scores any goals against half decent opponent. I see no reason to play him in a team that is struggling to score goals.

Sylar

He had a decent first half but unfortunately not the finisher he once was.

But defo needed to come off second half when they sat deep

mav_9me

I know it's not fashionable on here these days, but....

He was OK today....We looked a lot better with Rooney on the pitch than we did after he'd been subbed.

Must mean something !
Haha... it was Carrick that was the difference not Rooney.

He had an ok game but what's the point with him? He is not looking like scoring, corners are poor, only pass is to Valencia...why play him?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Rooney looks a player with zero confidence. Not taking shots he would have taken a couple of years ago.
Its almost like...Ok I've broken the record. I can just sit back now.
China? they are not going to just pay for a name.
He is not good enough to play for Everton atm.

Acole9

Outstanding
No idea why he started today, he's a spent force now. No fire in him anymore.

Shark

@NotShark
He should be nowhere near our starting 11, ever. He's a late sub at best now, and even as that he's barely good enough. He's as spent a force as it gets. No idea what Jose was at today with that team and the subs.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Jose's trying to keep the non-regulars happy.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was pretty decent. The bashing is just because it's Rooney! Any other player with that performance and we'd give him a 6/10

JON.B

Sloop
Hard to see him still being here next season when it's difficult to see what he contributes for the team, he's also not the type to be satisfied with a bit part role in the squad either. The sad thing is that it would be no great loss, which for a player of his achievements is disappointing to say.

tom porter

Just not good enough anymore. He didn't necessarily have a bad game but he offered 0 threat.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
We have a lot of nothing players that need feck off.

Rooney is on top of that list. Closely followed by Fellaini and Darmian.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He was pretty decent. The bashing is just because it's Rooney! Any other player with that performance and we'd give him a 6/10
He was as effective (or ineffective) as Mata, Carrick and Martial. And better than Pogba and Ibra.

Still its Rooney so lets bash him. :wenger:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's when you need a curator to explain what it is, and how exquisite that 'mountain' is. You can't help but nodding your head, contemplating at those deep and profound words by art expert.

Then you feel satisfied with yourself, knowing that you can see something that many others can't; and see those people as illiterate peasants who don't understand art. They just don't 'get it'.
You're talking about Gary Neville. Silent domination etc.

In fairness, I felt he was okay today. The way he passed on the chance he had when he squared the ball to Zlatan was just weird though. The chance was there to be finished.

Witchking

Rooney was not the problem today. Zlatan and Pogba were. I dislike Rooney starting games for United but he was ok today and was not the problem.

C'est Moi Cantona

If the rest of the team playing poorly allows Rooney to have what is seemingly been classed as a "good" game then I'm out, he wasn't good at all, just Ibra & co were worse.

Seanus

Not at all garbage as some are saying, more a case of being a bit "meh".
Way down the pecking order as a starter up front-if Zlatan gets banned he will not get picked ahead of Rashford and Martial.
In midfield Herrera, Mata, Mikhi, Pogba , Carrick and even Lingard all way better bets than Wayne. He has been great over the years but now he is on a par with Felaini as far as i am concerned-and as we are investing again in the Summer he will drop even further.

Sad to see a great sportsman coming to the end of a career but he should leave us ASAP before the final and lasting memories of "meh" and likely to get worse outweigh the many great times he gave us.

Ashley R1+O

Played well, shows what he has left in the tank, there is definitely some gas still there. However playing anybody in between Zlatan and Pogba throughout the season (it doesn't matter who it is) just plainly doesn't work. It just doesn't. He showed twice for a lash on the penalty spot that would have easily found him with a short square ball and actually put Zlatan in. I am not really sure what else he can do in these instances to play any better, the system can definitely be tweaked to make a lot of our team play better, he can still give us another string for the bow. We just have no arrows in the quiver it seems.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unselfish with the ball across to Ibra, but not the best ball, and certainly not the best take from Ibra!

Apart from that, I barely remember him being on the pitch.
I fear that's what he'd be like regularly if he stayed on next year

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
There were two key moments in this game which showed he was done. It's not a bad day at the office thing. That was Ibrahimovic today.

The first one: the header in the opening 10 minutes. A premier league striker scores that. Absolutely buries it. Even would have enough time to chest it down and placing it. He was meek.

The second one: there's a throw-in and he passes the ball back, the most basic thing in football, 3 yards, he bungled it up, completely. He put the receiving player in a terrible position with that one.

By his standards, he is done.

C'est Moi Cantona

There were two key moments in this game which showed he was done. It's not a bad day at the office thing. That was Ibrahimovic today.

The first one: the header in the opening 10 minutes. A premier league striker scores that. Absolutely buries it. Even would have enough time to chest it down and placing it. He was meek.

The second one: there's a throw-in and he passes the ball back, the most basic thing in football, 3 yards, he bungled it up, completely. He put the receiving player in a terrible position with that one.

By his standards, he is done.
He was done ages ago, I just hope Jose isn't prepared to prove it all over again.

dichinero

If the rest of the team playing poorly allows Rooney to have what is seemingly been classed as a "good" game then I'm out, he wasn't good at all, just Ibra & co were worse.
That is that standard CAF logic these days it seems. If you are better than 2 players, you have played really well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Played well, shows what he has left in the tank, there is definitely some gas still there. However playing anybody in between Zlatan and Pogba throughout the season (it doesn't matter who it is) just plainly doesn't work. It just doesn't. He showed twice for a lash on the penalty spot that would have easily found him with a short square ball and actually put Zlatan in. I am not really sure what else he can do in these instances to play any better, the system can definitely be tweaked to make a lot of our team play better, he can still give us another string for the bow. We just have no arrows in the quiver it seems.
If you're "wondering what else he could do", the answer is "not a lot".

I gave him credit earlier for what he did do but it's what he doesn't do that is the biggest issue. You swap him out for Mkhitaryan today and the difference would be plain to see.

He gets judged on those standards and rightly so. That's the profile he demands and the wages he receives. We could judge him on his recent performances and the level we know he's at but why should he get that privilege? When we talk about our squad and whether we can trust them over these tough fixtures I think it's fair to count Rooney out.

SirMattBugsby

That is that standard CAF logic these days it seems. If you are better than 2 players, you have played really well.
Seemingly so, and that allows Rooney to be praised for been less shite than some, then how very sad.
Nobody is praising him. The sentiment is more like: "He was not the problem today, so let's not rip into him."

I do feel Zlatan is the one who should've been subbed, not him. Guess it's karma for last season.

psychdelicblues

Indeed...... but I try not to judge him by any high or any acceptable standards these days because I know he's finished..... despite the fact he missed 2 guilt edge chances and failed to execute simple square pass for Ibrahimovic. I've got no problem posters using words like 'not bad' ,'decent', 'good game' 'fine' to describe Rooney's performance because that is as good as it gets for Rooney against Bournemouth at home. If Mkitaryan had been fit and a put in a similar kind of performance I'd be fuming.

Eddy_JukeZ

Thought he was okay, but his finishing has gone down the toilet along with his play.

Should never ever start.

C'est Moi Cantona

Nobody is praising him. The sentiment is more like: "He was not the problem today, so let's not rip into him."

I do feel Zlatan is the one who should've been subbed, not him. Guess it's karma for last season.
I get it, Zlatan missed the most, so let's not be too harsh on Wayne for missing two golden chances aswell, in fact let's give him a consoling pat on the back because this is as good as he is nowadays, hard to argue with that really.

FahadiHossein

I guess expectations for him have fallen so much that there are some who are contented with his performance.

Yes, I agree that he had a good game by his current standards, but this performance was a long shot from what he was able to do in the past. For the first chance, the old Wayne Rooney would have taken a step backwards, controlled the ball on his chest and fired with his right foot. Or, he could have volleyed it in. That header was a Peter Odemwingie type of finishing.

As for the chance when he squared the ball to Zlatan, it was both his and Zlatan's fault. It was a tight angle, but someone of his standard could finish that easily. Walcott is famous for running on the right and firing across the body of the keeper with his right foot. The old Rooney would have done that.

I agree that he does not contribute much to the team anymore. Sad to see him fall so much. His gameplay is of Aston Villa standard now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It will be interesting to see how he gets on when he does move. If he goes to Everton, it's likely he won't even be up to their standard. Imagine he goes to the MLS and still doesn't turn in good numbers, it'll put into perspective just how off the pace he is for us.

Oaencha

He was passable against Bournemouth but he should be getting more criticism. The old Rooney is gone and we shouldn't be judging him against his form from years ago. He should be judged against the £300k he still earns a week. Considering what Utd are paying him that was another poor performance.

El Zoido

He can't even get the basics right. Worst moment was the squared pass to Zlatan, which he overhit and clipped off the ground for some reason. Physically he seems to be coping with the game okay so it's not quite his Gary Neville moment, but you have to wonder if he realises just how poor he is these days. He doesn't seem to have kicked up much of a fuss over his exclusion from the side so probably he does. It's a strange situation because he's still incredible marketable for both his personal image and the club. It's sad watching him these days, and I hope he moves on in the summer.

red4ever 79

5 goals this season for a forward player underlines why we are struggling. No where near good enough and this sentimental bs needs to stop.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
5 goals this season for a forward player underlines why we are struggling. No where near good enough and this sentimental bs needs to stop.
Think the sentimental bs has stopped to be fair but Jose does have to utilities his squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.