Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
For 10 years my favourite player, now I despise watching him
It happens to every player mate. Some feck off before you notice the massive decline. Others stick around like dog shit stuck to your shoe and stinking the place out.

Djemba-Djemba

Just put your foot through the ball Wayne!

He has two types of shots in his locker. The curled effort into the top left corner(one for the cameras) or the dreaded chip. That's it.
And the curled shot into the top corner hasn't worked since about 2014 while the chip hasn't worked since about 2007.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
One of my favourites but he doesn't add anything anymore. It's like playing with a handicap.

AXVnee7

110 percent of 40 is still 44

75 percent of 90 is still 67

His top level are gone even if he gives 200 percent it's still dire
That's what I said just presented a different way. He's giving his best efforts but the quality is not there any more for him to call upon.

kundalini

Hard to believe any PL manager will want him if they happened to watch that performance. You'd think it was his testimonial the way he was playing. Almost comical Rooney instructing other players while completely ignoring the players he was meant to be tracking.

Art Vandelay

I thought I was the only one that notices his phantom presses!!
It's been going on for a while. Raising his leg in a weird non-tackle along with pretending like he's about to press and then standing still are also staples of the Rooney defensive contribution. It's all part of being a complete non-entity on the pitch and true dedication to his art.

RedMaestro

I think this is about as good as it gets from Wayne these days, other than getting the odd tap-in or penalty to go with it. He really should retire or his next couple of years wherever they are could be sad to see.
He doesn't have to retire. He just has to find a suitable league and team.

A serious question: how is the Australian League? I remember Alessandro Del Piero spent 2 years over there? I would assume that Rooney would prefer to play somewhere 'similar' to where he lives - doesn't need to learn the language. And I think MLS is probably too fast of a league for him?

spwd

Hopefully the last time he plays for us, unless he plays the last game and gets taken off to get his applause.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very poor. Looks finished and is collecting his pension, except his pension is 300k a week.

phepheshane

Depends on your opinion, if you're of the opinion he is shit then he won't prove you wrong, if you think he's great then he will prove you wrong.
Thought there was a decent player still lurking under the average performances but today has effectively killed my hopes for him as a top player.

Djemba-Djemba

I'd be staggered if another Premiership club was stupid enough to sign Rooney.

He's absolutely nowhere good enough for this level of football. He'd struggle in America.

Sp00ks11

Atleast Mourinho is flushing this turd, the fact Rooney very rarely starts for us is brilliant. Can't wait until Fellaini is getting the same treatment.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Bad miss. But better than Mata, Mkhitaryan, martial and lingard today.

For those saying he was 1 out of ten we had worse performers who are in the prime of their careers.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Worst fecking contract ever. Part of our decline post-SAF, sadly. He's been one of the constants since SAF, and the worst captain we have ever had.

Not going to blame him though - all on the club for making that daft decision in the first place. Glazers and Woodward completely deserve everything bad he's given.

Devil may care

He was like Grandpa Simposn today, spent most of his time grumblng and scowling, just offers nothing now.

Garethw

Atleast Mourinho is flushing this turd, the fact Rooney very rarely starts for us is brilliant. Can't wait until Fellaini is getting the same treatment.
The trouble is the turd won't flush. Maybe Fellaini can serve some sort of purpose and use his barnet as a plunger?

Ixion

Bad miss. But better than Mata, Mkhitaryan, martial and lingard today.

For those saying he was 1 out of ten we had worse performers who are in the prime of their careers.
I could have sworn Mata just came back from surgery.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
He doesn't have to retire. He just has to find a suitable league and team.

A serious question: how is the Australian League? I remember Alessandro Del Piero spent 2 years over there? I would assume that Rooney would prefer to play somewhere 'similar' to where he lives - doesn't need to learn the language. And I think MLS is probably too fast of a league for him?
The Australian league is decent for what you expect, some players are a bit crap and some touches are a bit crap but Rooney would look good there.

But his wage demands would be too high as Del Piero had the highest wage of any footballer in any code at 2.5 million aud a year and rooney would want a lot more then that.

RedMaestro

No if he took care of his body more he wouldn't have declined as that. Ronaldo started early and still performing at the highest level possible and how giving help to another play makes him decline more in such a way ?

The guy can't even dribble.
But Rooney and Ronaldo have different styles. Some players drop in quality when they lose speed and some decline because they 'burn out'.

But you're right about that he'd probably be better if he'd taken care of himself but I still think that he wouldn't be so good after 30 no matter what he did, since he always gave 'maximum performances'. The only difference is that his decline would have started at this age, rather than a few years ago. Still pretty early compared to other players. Totti retires at 40.

But you're probably right. Maybe I'm a bit 'forgiving' because of how much he's contributed in the past. I still hope he'll find a suitable league to be able to end his career 'on top'.

el3mel

But Rooney and Ronaldo have different styles. Some players drop in quality when they lose speed and some decline because they 'burn out'.

But you're right about that he'd probably be better if he'd taken care of himself but I still think that he wouldn't be so good after 30 no matter what he did, since he always gave 'maximum performances'. The only difference is that his decline would have started at this age. Still pretty early compared to other players. Totti retires at 40.

But you're probably right. Maybe I'm a bit 'forgiving' because of how much he's contributed in the past. I still hope he'll find a suitable league to be able to end his career 'on top'.
I just can't find any probable excuse for a player dropping at such age to this form. 31 years old he should be at least giving 2 or 3 years not this. Giggs at 35 years was winning PFA player of the year and Scholes was a part of title winning team the year before his retirement. Both started very early and played at tough positions in the field.

There's really no excuse for Rooney for his decline as this.

togg

Sadly....and I say sadly because he's been immense for this club during our successful years and I've always been a huge supporter since he's given us all his years to United regardless of the controversies...but...he's totally finished at this level.....However, no doubt could earn half a million a week in China. I know what I would do in his shoes.....!

RedMaestro

The Australian league is decent for what you expect, some players are a bit crap and some touches are a bit crap but Rooney would look good there.

But his wage demands would be too high as Del Piero had the highest wage of any footballer in any code at 2.5 million aud a year and rooney would want a lot more then that.
Ah ok. Forgot about the wage demands. :)
I believe Podolski is going to Japan, how much do they pay over there?

Garethw

It's funny, I thought he'd transition into a really good central midfielder in his twilight years once his physical attributes started to dwindle.

Rooney is one of my favourite ever United players. He's been a fantastic servant and I hate to see the abuse he gets on here, but it is time for him to go.

RedMaestro

I just can't find any probable excuse for a player dropping at such age to this form. 31 years old he should be at least giving 2 or 3 years not this. Giggs at 35 years was winning PFA player of the year and Scholes was a part of title winning team the year before his retirement. Both started very early and played at tough positions in the field.

There's really no excuse for Rooney for his decline as this.
Well there's one simple thing to think about and that's genetics. It's like some people smoke, drink and do basically every 'bad' thing and they live to be 100 and others can take care of their bodies, avoiding everything that's not good for the body and they can die pretty early. Sometimes it's just about luck.

I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.