5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

He's the club captain and supposed talisman, therefore he is rightly judged more harshly. He should be 1 point better than everyone else every game. So he gets a 5 not a 6.

If he can't cut it he should retire
It doesn't work that way you don't get extra abilities for being captain

BarstoolProphet

He has been average

Nowhere near as bad as you would think reading the match day thread when every 2nd comment is about how shite he is

In general the front 4 haven't been impressive apart from one nice move mid way through which Rooney was very much involved in the build up

He hasn't been any better or worse though that the other 3 (ibra, martial and mata)
For him to warrant an 'average' tag he needs to have done some good things to weigh up for his shit involvements. So, what good things did he do? The backpass to Boruc? The shot at De Gea?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People talk as if it's only this forum Rooney gets criticism. Just put "Rooney" on the Twitter search bar. Some people will never accept that their boy is shite.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
For him to warrant an 'average' tag he needs to have done some good things to weigh up for him shit involvements. So, what good things did he do? The backpass to Boruc? The shot at De Gea?
Some of his short passing and wide passing to Valencia has set up potential Attacks

But he has lost it a few times and played a dodgy back pass

So average is fair

ottosec

Can't run, can't dribble, can't release the ball fast enough, can't shoot and he turns like a truck. Other that that he's decent.

Devil may care

He might as well be Bournemouth's DM, a #10 that can't play on the half turn is pointless and he's lumbering around like a 40 year old pulling his boots on for a testimonial.

Lostie007

People talk as if it's only this forum Rooney gets criticism. Just put "Rooney" on the Twitter search bar. Some people will never accept that their boy is shite.
This

He's the golden boy for too long

You'd think Pogba would be now

Litch

Was terrible just think you can't have Ibra and Rooney in the same team....I want someone with pace who can carry the ball....

Bojan11

Some of his short passing and wide passing to Valencia has set up potential Attacks

So average is fair
I could pass it sideways to Valencia with no pressure for £300k a week.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's time a manager stepped up and dropped him.

BarstoolProphet

So average is fair
Which potential attacks are you talking about? Or is every pass out wide counted as 'potentially setting up attacks'? Then feck me, all of our players are playing a blinder today!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Useless again. Offers nothing to the team. Rather Rashford be given a chance, at least he offers pace & a goal threat.

TsuWave

sprayed it wide and followed his man that's his job in this team
:lol:

>spray it wide and follow your man
>keep possession and keep us ticking

that sounds more like a CDM to me than a "10"/guy playing behind Ibra

SirScholes

You're an idiot then. You don't put players in that position to worry about possession and sideways passes.
So if no one is running forward of him would you prefer he kick it forward, as long as its going forward who cares?
The handful of times runners have been ahead he has found them, the one counter attack we had he was the furthest forward and he had to check.
I'll state this now I've seen him have stinkers and I believe another answer should be found, but to log on and post the same shite posts when he isn't actually performing any better or worse than at least another 5 players is dull and mundane.
If there was a bump in herrera shaw martial zlatan threads saying they are playing shit I'd understand but it's just Rooney
Unless he is putting in 10/10 performances he seems to automatically get a 1/10 on here, zlatan 65% pass rate! Shocking! But rooney is the Worst on the pitch

AndyJ1985

So average is fair
Average isn't fair. His performance isn't anywhere close to being an acceptable level for a senior United player. He's more of a hindrance and we'd be better off playing with 10 men.

m1y2

Can we just release him at the halftime? I am so pissed off he's still at my favourite club.. NEVER have I ever wished a player to get injured... he's the first one.

Minimalist

All the positives people give him have nothing to do with being a no.10 or second striker which says it all.

It would be an average performance at best if he was a 6 or 8. But surprise surprise he fecking isn't.

LARulz

Hope Mourinho sees that Herrera is a very useful player and Rooney is useless. If he sees players like Mata, Herrera etc. being influential then he may not drop them to put Pogba in but may drop Rooney more often than not

BarstoolProphet

So if no one is running forward of him would you prefer he kick it forward, as long as its going forward who cares?
The handful of times runners have been ahead he has found them, the one counter attack we had he was the furthest forward and he had to check.
I'll state this now I've seen him have stinkers and I believe another answer should be found, but to log on and post the same shite posts when he isn't actually performing any better or worse than at least another 5 players is dull and mundane.
If there was a bump in herrera shaw martial zlatan threads saying they are playing shit I'd understand but it's just Rooney
Unless he is putting in 10/10 performances he seems to automatically get a 1/10 on here, zlatan 65% pass rate! Shocking! But rooney is the Worst on the pitch
Classic Rooney defending by putting everyone else down. Conveniently forgetting that said players hasnt been shit for years. And are nowhere near being untouchable.

Lostie007

You'd think he'd have some pride in himself when he sees the Twitter comments and retire just like Neville did when he realised he no longer had it !

Minimalist

How's that important at all? How many chances has Zlatan had? Did you notice the pundits say only Dave has had less touches than Zlatan? Doesn't that suggest he's getting feck all service...

Skills

Snitch
We should just write off £45m from next seasons transfer budget, and pay off his contract and get him out of the club this summer. It'd be as good as any signing we can make.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yep, pretty much. Most people you speak to that watch football at all will often generally say that Rooney's a bit past it these days.

SirScholes

How's that important at all? How many chances has Zlatan had? Did you notice the pundits say only Dave has had less touches than Zlatan? Doesn't that suggest he's getting feck all service...
So its ok for zlatan to have no service and the little service he has to lose it 45% pod the time? But not the same for rooney?
That's my point, no one is playing terrible no one is playing amazing but yet all criticism is aimed at one player

Minimalist

So its ok for zlatan to have no service and the little service he has to lose it 45% pod the time? But not the same for rooney?
That's my point, no one is playing terrible no one is playing amazing but yet all criticism is aimed at one player
I have no idea what your point is.

Status
Not open for further replies.