5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

It's quite sad to see a once great player decline so rapidly. He's really does look absolutely woeful. A shell of a player.

Stringer

He's our number 10 and his first instinct is to pass it sideways or backwards...

Kaos

At this point I genuinely hope he does something stupid like bites someone or shouts racist obscenities, just so he can face a lengthy suspension.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
God that was bad. He genuinely looks incapable of doing anything with the ball when he's under any sort of pressure. He's still capable of making an alright pass or two when he's given time on the ball, but even then he tends to just knock it out to Valencia instead of looking for a forward man.

What position's he supposed to be playing? I'm assuming he's sort of supposed to be dropping in behind Zlatan, but it often looked like he was just kicking about up front or on the wing or in other random places. Certainly didn't give the impression of someone linking attack and defence.

NinjaFletch

Absolutely bang average, run of the mill performance. Neither good nor bad.

But its Rooney so his page will get bumped with about twenty pages of moaning.

Skills

Snitch
It's quite sad to see a once great player decline so rapidly. He's really does look absolutely woeful. A shell of a player.
It's not been rapid. The decline has been steadily obvious since 2012, and he hit rock bottom about 18 months ago without ever looking like recovering. It's just that no other club or national team, would carry essentially a potato for so long.

Castia

Wow he's terrible. Hopefully Mata keeps impressing until he gets the #10 and Mik gets to play right wing.

I'd be shocked if Jose puts up with much more of this

SirScholes

The Rooney hate is embarrassing I'm all for criticising him for poor games and he has had some! But he hasn't done too much wrong in this game, he has played alright no worse than shaw martial herrera zlatan valencia so far they all get a 6/10 nothing spectacular and nothing poor.
He has played nice little passes he had sprayed it wide and followed his man that's his job in this team, to keep possession and keep is ticking over going forward.
Yes he has lost possession but so has every single player on the pitch. As I wrote this he played several one twos and then outwide to martial, save the hatred for when it's actually deserved its boring

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Might aswell rename our club

WayneRooney United.

Truly Awful yet again. Poor mkhataryan must be thinking why did I leave Dortmund for this

Minimalist

The Rooney hate is embarrassing I'm all for criticising him for poor games and he has had some! But he hasn't done too much wrong in this game, he has played alright no worse than shaw martial herrera zlatan valencia so far they all get a 6/10 nothing spectacular and nothing poor.
He has played nice little passes he had sprayed it wide and followed his man that's his job in this team, to keep possession and keep is ticking over going forward.
Yes he has lost possession but so has every single player on the pitch. As I wrote this he played several one twos and then outwide to martial, save the hatred for when it's actually deserved its boring
No it's fecking not! Jesus.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
If he were a Labrador, you'd be wondering about a trip to the vets by now.

His pointing at players to run somewhere for him has been his best quality so far.

dove

C'mon Shenhua/Guandzhou/any other Chinese club, save us please :mad:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He doesn't take much responsibility for creating something, despite being our number 10. He plays the Makelele role - getting the ball and laying it off for someone else to do something with - pretty well. Unfortunately, he does this at the wrong end of the pitch.

And, as per usual, he's had plenty of dodgy touches.

Raw

How long will this shite last? He's so bereft of pace and creativity these days.

He'll get the ball in a promising counter attack, slow down, stand on the ball, turn around and pass it sideways. It's so fecking infuriating knowing that we could have better players in his place.

red_devil83

He's the club captain and supposed talisman, therefore he is rightly judged more harshly. He should be 1 point better than everyone else every game. So he gets a 5 not a 6.

If he can't cut it he should retire

BarstoolProphet

The 'hate' is nothing compared to the lengths some are willing to go to defend this absolute fraud of a footballer. Any other player would not see a single minute if they performed like Rooney in a single match, let alone several years like Rooney has. Rooney is at best on par with Depay. And guess what, Depay is not even close to a starting spot.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He's been shite, but the fact we're not commiting more than about 3 men forward on a counter attack isnt' helping anyone either.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He has been average

Nowhere near as bad as you would think reading the match day thread when every 2nd comment is about how shite he is

In general the front 4 haven't been impressive apart from one nice move mid way through which Rooney was very much involved in the build up

He hasn't been any better or worse though that the other 3 (ibra, martial and mata)

Bojan11

Just gives up when a opposition player is near him.

All he is good at is a pass to Valencia.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No words if at is a 6/10 performance

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Not his worst game ever, lost the ball embarrassingly only 4 times, and managed to orchestrate about 30 seconds of possession and even made a tackle.

jetlee

My only hope left for him was he is still capable of playing on instinct in a counter attacking setup, but it doesn't seem like that. There was a good opportunity for a counter and his first instinct was to turn back and stop for 4-5 seconds killing the move immediately.
People say him being bang average is enough are deluding themselves also. He should be the one pulling everyone together and showing example on the field as captain, but his effort also seems to be questioanble today.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
At one point there the ball just rolled past him and he seemed incapable of simply sticking out a leg.
I saw this. :lol:

He's doing okay, if not for the fact that he's supposed to be this creative outlet for us. He's doing what Fellaini and Herrera are doing out there. Keeping it simple and moving the ball around.

Which is a shame when we've got players like Mata and Mkhitaryan who can play in his position and offer much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.