Westminster Politics

Abizzz

Who voted for them?
They are all heads of states of their respective democracies...

Yes the time when Britain's decided over heads of states of other countries is over. That doesn't mean it isn't democracy. To be clear for everyone here: Democracy doesn't mean that some random dude in Britain gets to vote on everything for everyone all over the world anymore. Other people vote too.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I'm

I'm not a member of any political party - but you could have joined the Tory Party and voted if you feel so bad about it....

ANd let's not forget - I didn't vote for 27 of them because I wasn't allowed to, just like the other 500 million of us.
Which one did you vote for, you could only vote for one MP in the UK, and unless you lived in Maidenhead it wasn't Theresa May

Honest John

They are all heads of states of their respective democracies...

Yes the time when Britains decided over heads of states of other countries is over. That doesn't mean it isn't democracy. To be clear for everyone here: Democracy doesn't mean that some random dude in Britain gets to vote on everything for everyone all over the world anymore. Other people vote too.
I didn't vote for Ursula von der Leyen - nor was I asked

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
How is that bumbling MORON the new PM? How in the living feck is the UK lead by Boris and the US lead by Trump.

You fecking ejits voting for these twats. You're the problem. You're going to feck up the world.

Abizzz

EU style Democracy ??

Absolutely !!

It's a bit like China or N Korea with just one name on the Ballot Paper for the election ( approval ) of the President.
It really is better you leave and without a deal. I don't see trade making any sense with people who are this blinded either, what could they possibly produce?

You've had 3 years + the run up to learn this, I'm not going through the basics again here.

The EU is a lot more democratic than this process to make Boris PM was. It is a lot more democratic than the house of lords or the royals. You are being silly or are so disinformed it borders on the indoctrinated if you think the EU is anything like China or North Korea.

I'd question your sanity if you thought so and then chose to live there.

Full bodied red

Which one did you vote for, you could only vote for one MP in the UK, and unless you lived in Maidenhead it wasn't Theresa May

C'mon....You know me well enough to know that I don't vote at all.....

Just figuratively speaking and making a point about this so called EU Democracy being actually more democratic than what has just happened in the UK.

Marcelinho87

How is that bumbling MORON the new PM? How in the living feck is the UK lead by Boris and the US lead by Trump.

You fecking ejits voting for these twats. You're the problem. You're going to feck up the world.
People need to drop calling him bumbling or idiot etc as it endears people to him.. he is a very clever yet manipulative person who is quite dangerous imo... Dark days with him as PM.

NinjaFletch

Just figuratively speaking and making a point about this so called EU Democracy being actually more democratic than what has just happened in the UK.
A point perhaps demonstrated by your incredibly tenuous grasp on how the UK's democracy functions...

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I've noticed that no-one admits to voting for Blair either. No-one will admit to having voted for Brexit in 10 years time either.
I never got the chance to vote for Blair. Would have otherwise, I don’t understand why people think that is a bad thing? Blair’s Labour did a lot of good for the country.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Will there be a Union left if a no-Brexit deal ends up badly over the next few years?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

I know but I don't find the UK system democratic at all and am sure every system has its faults but I'd prefer the president of the EU recommended by 28 heads of states and endorsed by the EU parliament than 160000 members of a political party deciding who is the PM of the UK.

NinjaFletch

Go on.....I'm all ears to learn how the EU's style of Democracy is better than the UK's style of Democracy.....
Well given it's been in the news constantly for four years, I'd suggest you could, perhaps, have educated yourself on how the two systems function if you were so inclined.

fergieisold

The fecking state of these two young Tories on bbc1 now.

Disgusting.
Oh come on they weren't that bad. Granted a bit posh but atleast one of them was happy with a more liberal Conservative leader!

Nothing worse than a young tory. Horrible group of pompous cretins.
Some of them maybe, those two were fine. Where is the tolerance from the liberals that they are so famed for? I'm guessing it doesn't count when it comes to Tories!

What a coward Boris is. He just sneaked in to the building via the side door to avoid the protesters.
Or clever...