Westminster Politics

Will be fascinated to learn why this wasn't illegal but all the public fines were.
People were being fined for getting a cup of coffee and going for a walk. Hope all the people fined kick up a massive stink.

People were being fined for getting a cup of coffee and going for a walk. Hope all the people fined kick up a massive stink.
They'll might walk it back and say "all fines will be refunded as, in hindsight, it wasn't fair" like they did when they tried to relax rules right after the Cummings scandal was published.

And then the investigation won't find that Boris has done anything illegal, and since it's not an investigation into misconduct - which Boris himself would have to request, since we now live in a mad country - he'll survive unless his party force him out.

I just don't see him going, there's still too much shit that will get worse. None of the potential new leaders want it right now. Fuel poverty, Russia about to say "Iol feck it this is ours" again, Brexit means Brexshit, Evergrande crisis. Who would want to be known as the PM during all of that?! Best let Boris handle that shit as well.

Yes of course.
But the real issue is why none of the number of police based in and around Downing Street did nothing.
As I understand it, there are now some 14 parties that have been identified during Covid restrictions.
So there was clearly adequate opportunity for them to at least warn those inside Downing Street that covid restrictions needed to be complied with.

Having said all that, I have zero confidence that the internal enquiry is going to be anything other than stalling tactics and will end up as something Boris use to claim that he did not break any rules.

They've known about each every one of these parties.
Won't be long before more people cotton on to this fact and call for their heads too.

Also makes you wonder, what else has the met turned a blind eye to over the years?

They've known about each every one of these parties.
Won't be long before more people cotton on to this fact and call for their heads too.

Also makes you wonder, what else has the met turned a blind eye to over the years?

We know they turned a blind eye to Wayne Couzens getting his knob out in a takeaway

boris.gif

The same outlets that parroted, without a concern for fact checking, Hancock's spad being punched outside a hospital by a bussed in Labour activist within minutes of it not happening want you to pretend they only knew about these parties in the last 2-3 days.

Especially the one that employs a political editor that Cummings cited as his main media communicator.

The same outlets that parroted, without a concern for fact checking, Hancock's spad being punched outside a hospital by a bussed in Labour activist within minutes of it not happening want you to pretend they only knew about these parties in the last 2-3 days.

Especially the one that employs a political editor that Cummings cited as his main media communicator.
i feel cheated

Apologies if this has been shared already. But it gave me a good old chuckle.

Surely a normal person would have resigned on the spot and left the party after being fecked over like that?
I have zero idea how I would even begin explaining that position to my partner.

Well there you go.
Politicians and Police.

Well who'd have thought it, Police and Politics going hand in hand? :lol:

Its never ever happened before....but if it has..... it must never ever happen again...:nono: the sun is shining, Gods in his Tory heaven, all is right with the world.
Hear endeth the Lessons to be learned (11th Tory Commandment!!)

So Boris drinking outdoors with staff is a story but Keir inside drinking with staff is a non story? They're all as bad as each other.
You are literally the type of person the sun were targeting with that story.

Last edited:
So Boris drinking outdoors with staff is a story but Keir inside drinking with staff is a non story? They're all as bad as each other.

Wait till they start finding photographs (real and 'doctored') of MP''s who picked their noses during lockdown, and/or who didn't wash their hands for 20 seconds or more after using the toilet and/or walked ten yards amongst the public without a mask, and/or who did something else they shouldn't have done during lockdown.

This was a serious issue with real personal and political gravitas for Boris and the Tory party to face up to, but as usual sections of the media and some political opponents, went on a 'shopping spree' to see what else they could find and thereby produced overkill. By his apology in the House Boris has shot their fox, right in the middle of the hunt, but the news hounds don't know and are still running around like headless chickens, looking for clandestine parties in offices, corridors and loos, all over Westminster.

What a shower of 'sh**!

Wait till they start finding photographs (real and 'doctored') of MP''s who picked their noses during lockdown, and/or who didn't wash their hands for 20 seconds or more after using the toilet and/or walked ten yards amongst the public without a mask, and/or who did something else they shouldn't have done during lockdown.

This was a serious issue with real personal and political gravitas for Boris and the Tory party to face up to, but as usual sections of the media and some political opponents, went on a 'shopping spree' to see what else they could find and thereby produced overkill. By his apology in the House Boris has shot their fox, right in the middle of the hunt, but the news hounds don't know and are still running around like headless chickens, looking for clandestine parties in offices, corridors and loos, all over Westminster.

What a shower of 'sh**!

I'm confused. Elaborate.

What a shower of 'sh**!
You write with such Facebook prose.