Westminster Politics

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Bert_

None of those ignorant idiots have a clue what the ECHR means. They just assume it's something to do with the EU and letting brown people into the county.

If we left we would join Russia and Belarus as the only European counties not party to it. The far right in UK would be perfectly happy with that as they would love us to abandon any form of morality and align with their fellow fascists. They are the sort of cnuts that would have joined the Freikorps and fought against Britain in WW2 based on their believes. Them thinking about that for just a second breaks their brain though.

worldgonemad

If our government actually does go ahead, it will cement the UK position as a third world country.
Get a grip mate. Nothing of the sort. People in 3rd world countries are literally dying to get here. Comments like this really boil my piss.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It does though berba. If the guy had to spend a year in a genuine 3rd world country he would crawl over hot coals to get back here.
Meh some guy being hyperbolic about the state of the country isnt the issue. But you do you.

Dan_F

Get a grip mate. Nothing of the sort. People in 3rd world countries are literally dying to get here. Comments like this really boil my piss.
The government wanting to make the country so shit that no migrants want to come to the Uk is about the best explanation for their incompetence so far.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66494983

What a wonderful idea. We consistently fail to meet cancer waiting time targets. So, instead of striving to achieve these targets, why don't we just scrap them and pretend that everything is ok.

Yet another example of a total failure by our government.

Zen86

If our government actually does go ahead, it will cement the UK position as a third world country.
The funniest thing is it’s the people that will get shafted by it are the ones that will vote for it. Turkeys celebrating christmas.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I see that the Tories narrative is to try and blame France for the small boats... we have given them all that money and they are still not stopping them.
That will play well with the DM readers.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66494983

What a wonderful idea. We consistently fail to meet cancer waiting time targets. So, instead of striving to achieve these targets, why don't we just scrap them and pretend that everything is ok.

Yet another example of a total failure by our government.
I would get annoyed at this, but someone referred to us as a potential 3rd world country...

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
https://news.sky.com/story/bibby-st...w-over-legionella-says-steve-barclay-12939732

What else would you expect from this morally bankrupt government.
I'm not really surprised by this sadly. A few of my junior colleagues (doctors) years ago had just rotated through Basildon hospital and were living in hospital accommodation at the time.

They found legionella in the water tanks for the accommodation and the advice they were given was just to reduce the amount of time they spent showering to reduce their exposure to the bacteria.

Now imagine we're talking about a marginalised group, that the government is trying to vilify and who aren't paying (like the doctors were).....

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Nothing is ever going to happen to these people. The worst outcome is they might lose their seat at the next election and they'll then walk into an extremely well paid private job.

Jericholyte2

So Nadine Dorries has finally ACTUALLY resigned, with the mother of all rambling resignation letters.

If this is anything to go by, her book about ‘the political assassination’ of Boris Johnson will be the proverbial tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So Nadine Dorries has finally ACTUALLY resigned, with the mother of all rambling resignation letters.

If this is anything to go by, her book about ‘the political assassination’ of Boris Johnson will be the proverbial tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Another by-election for Sunak to squirm about though

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Another by-election for Sunak to squirm about though
He'd have to go some to lose it though. Last election good old Nadine took 60% of the vote. Labour were 24k votes behind. It's been Tory since 1931 and never been Labour in its entire history.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He'd have to go some to lose it though. Last election good old Nadine took 60% of the vote. Labour were 24k votes behind. It's been Tory since 1931 and never been Labour in its entire history.
Bet it flips.

Bert_

It's shocking how rare it is for someone interviewing a minister to call out something so basic and obvious. And it shows because as soon as someone does it they panic and revert to the default repeat the script until they give up questioning me mode.

Diane Abbott should have adopted the same strategy 6 years ago. She fell into a trap where incorrectly calculating financials on the spot is a far bigger crime than blatantly lying about how you have increased the police force by 23,000 people.

Would be interesting to see the response if the follow up question to Braverman's answer was how much did it cost to increase the police force by 23,000.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What about increased population? There are less police in reality - 1 per 430 people in 2010, 1 per 455 people in 2023.
Even though the interviewer called Braverman out for lying. She could have really confused her.
Lying and not being able to understand that 146,000 is not actually more than 149,000. She is definitely Chancellor material. But what do you expect when lying and failure to grasp even the most basic arithmetic is is something this government is very good at.