g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Fair enough. In those days, yeah it was quite common. Some great players there.

In recent times am I right in saying Etoo, Pedro and Schevchenko are the three who've arrived in the prem after 30?
No youre wrong as usual. Pedro was 28 and isn't a striker.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I don't take much stock in the goals scored in Ligue Un
Which is why I specifically mentioned his recent Champions League, and national team stats? Or is that too lowly to be compared with almighty PL?

GiddyUp

Yeah, I hate it when the club repeats mistakes. Anyway, after the success of the Falcao and Schewinstiger signings I can see no reason to not sign Ibra.
With that kind of reasoning we shouldn't sign a top ten player because of what happened with Di Maria. Every player comes with a risk, some pay off, some don't.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm personally of the belief that the premier league is a lot more competitive with a higher number of great teams than other leagues around the world.
I agree about it being extremely competitive. But that still doesn't mean that every player who comes there will automatically struggle.
It's not like great players become worse if they face better teams twice a month instead of once in a while.

Especially not if they play in a team competing for the title (fingers crossed).

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I don't think international goals or goals in CL group stages mean that much.
:lol:

So basically, according to you - league goals don't matter, Champions League goals don't matter, and wait for it... international goals don't matter either. Stunning logic.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Forget his talent, worldclass ability and all of that. The fact that he had such an amazing season in the french league alone should be good enough for such a free transfer. I can't believe people are saying it means nothing in that league. It's not like the MLS. The french league is a very respected European league maybe just a step below the likes of La Liga, Premier League and Bundesliga.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
:lol:

So basically, according to you - league goals don't matter, Champions League goals don't matter, and wait for it... international goals don't matter either. Stunning logic.
Yeah.

When discussing how Zlatan will perform in the Premier League I don't think goals in Ligue Un counts. It's not good enough IMO.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Also, people are obsessed with young age. In our situation, with a few young and promising strikers, we need someone of Zlatans age: rotate the striking position with Rashford/Martial easing them in, rubbing his world class ability on them and by the team he's 36/37, Rooney can take his role.

People just always want a 26 year old in his prime not understanding the full situation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Forget his talent, worldclass ability and all of that. The fact that he had such an amazing season in the french league alone should be good enough for such a free transfer. I can't believe people are saying it means nothing in that league. It's not like the MLS. The french league is a very respected European league maybe just a step below the likes of La Liga, Premier League and Bundesliga.
Mahrez just came from the French league and won player of the year. Hazard did the same thing the year before. Tony Martial has been tearing s-t up after coming from the French league. Not sure why some people think Zlatan will fare worse. Especially given Zlatan's been scoring in the Champions League too.

Rockets Redglare

Yeah.

When discussing how Zlatan will perform in the Premier League I don't think goals in Ligue Un counts. It's not good enough IMO.
So if we signed Messi everything he has done before wouldn't count because he's never played in the premier league?

You forget Zlatan has scored wherever he has played and for whoever he has played for, he's not some one season wonder from the French league.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If goals in international games matter, everyone here would be buzzing about Wayne Rooney still.
Isn't it the whole picture that counts ?

League games, cup games, european games, international games, all opportunities for a player to shine.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If goals in international games matter, everyone here would be buzzing about Wayne Rooney still.
So Wayne Rooney is the be all, end all argument that all other players should be judged by?
You don't believe in judging each individual players situation, uhm.. individually?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So if we signed Messi everything he has done before wouldn't count because he's never played in the premier league?

You forget Zlatan has scored wherever he has played and for whoever he has played for, he's not some one season wonder from the French league.
Yeah and as I've said. A 30/31 year old Zlatan would be a different proposition.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If only we'd had someone to score some goals that didnt count in the group stages this year, maybe we would've got out of our group.

Man-United

If we want Rashford to be the future, it's perfect to sign Zlatan. Had we signed Auba or Lewa it would be more worry for Rashford as they would be likely to stay here many years.

Nedved

Yeah.

Logic:
Being able to sprint 90 metres in 9 seconds for the past ten years of your life does not, in any way, say anything about your ability to sprint 100 metres. You could do it in anything from 10 seconds to 100 seconds, we can't tell. 90 metres just is not good enough.

Fortis Mente

RVP could no longer do it in the PL because of his age and he was younger than Zlatan so it is a risk to rely on a 34 year old to be the primary goal scorer of a team that is aiming to win the PL, but I personally think he's a great signing because we need a short-term striker (until Rashford is ready) and Zlatan is probably the best option out there. If Jose plays Martial and Rashford as inside forwards then I think that front three could be fantastic. I also don't see Zlatan playing every game which hopefully means Rashford will continue to get plenty of game time in his best position upfront. Fantastic signing in my opinion. :)

Man-United

RVP could no longer do it in the PL because of his age and he was younger than Zlatan so it is a risk to rely on a 34 year old to be the primary goal scorer of a team that is aiming to win the PL, but I personally think he's a great signing because we need a short-term striker (until Rashford is ready) and Zlatan is probably the best option out there. If Jose plays Martial and Rashford as inside forwards then I think that front three could be fantastic. I also don't see Zlatan playing every game which hopefully means Rashford will continue to get plenty of game time in his best position upfront. :)
Nah, it was because of the injuries in RvP's case. Zlatan has not had injury trouble and is in his best form ever.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Fantastic skill and vision for his assist vs. Wales there.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
@Twigginater what's the ratio at which you think we can quantify Zlatan's goals? IMO it's 1 PL goal for every 20 in Ligue 1, 1 per 10 in Serie A and 1 per 5 in La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.