Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortis Mente

I can just imagine Zlatan dropping deep with Martial and Rashford making runs in and around the box and Zlatan creating lots of chances for them. I have a feeling next season is going to be a great season for us.

Man-United

On the contrary. He got away from Williams of Swansea and Chester of West Brom. Showing his class against Premier League proven players. That's the real test.
Only games against United, City and Chelsea counts.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No idea on a ratio, just think he'll find it a lot harder over here.
Than in Ligue 1? Yes, probably, although there have been players who came from over there and did just as well. However Zlatan has proven himself in every league he's played in and that includes a strong Serie A and La Liga.

Red Stone

Selfish twat, claiming all these assists for himself against second-rate Welsh Premier League players. Clearly past it.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
On the contrary. He got away from Williams of Swansea and Chester of West Brom. Showing his class against Premier League proven players. That's the real test.
Most defenders in the PL is Williams and Chester, it isn't Thiago Silva and Boateng.

TheLoveless

RVP could no longer do it in the PL because of his age and he was younger than Zlatan so it is a risk to rely on a 34 year old to be the primary goal scorer of a team that is aiming to win the PL, but I personally think he's a great signing because we need a short-term striker (until Rashford is ready) and Zlatan is probably the best option out there. If Jose plays Martial and Rashford as inside forwards then I think that front three could be fantastic. I also don't see Zlatan playing every game which hopefully means Rashford will continue to get plenty of game time in his best position upfront. Fantastic signing in my opinion. :)
But RVP had like 2 seasons in his entire PL career that was not destroyed by injuries. Zlatan is not injury proned. Besides, I don't think RVP was too bad to play in Premier League when he left. I think he fell out with LVG. Zlatan's playstyle is not affetced that much by age either. He is also a beast when it comes to strength. Culturally he is also from Sweden which means he will not be affected by the english weather. I am quite certain he will be successful in the Premier League.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Then you could imagine Martial cutting inside :drool:

As you can see, he has attracted 3 defenders.

diarm

To be fair, that doesn't really count as a assist, no? The scorer still had a fair bit to do there
He had 4 defenders shitting themselves which made the space in the middle.

Fortis Mente

If Jose utilises him properly and plays pacy players (Martial, Rashford) around him, he will be a great signing in my opinion.

Last edited:

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If only we'd had someone to score some goals that didnt count in the group stages this year, maybe we would've got out of our group.
Well any goals scored in the group stages wouldn't count anyway since we didn't play against PL opposition.
If we would've scored 5 against Wolfsburg the scoreboard would still show a big fat zero.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Well any goals scored in the group stages wouldn't count anyway since we didn't play against PL opposition.
:lol:

I agree with Twiggy: it should be fully forbidden to recruit players outside the UK.

I suggest all the United scouts to be based in the area of London.

podurban2

I can just imagine Zlatan dropping deep with Martial and Rashford making runs in and around the box and Zlatan creating lots of chances for them. I have a feeling next season is going to be a great season for us.
As you see, he will not be in the way of Rasford's development. He brings players like Rashford into play.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He just decided to roam around, asking for the ball in midfield kept pressure on Wales and Sweden get a goal. How can people watch him play and say he's past it is a mystery to me.
The bold is where that falls down, most people don't and just look at his age.

Fortis Mente

As you see, he will not be in the way of Rasford's development. He brings players like Rashford into play.
I know I just hope Jose plays Rashford and Martial as inside forwards and gives them the freedom to make runs in and around the box. I am also hoping he gives Rashford game time upfront especially if he doesn't do as well in the right inside forward position.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I agree with Twiggy. How many goals has he scored in the Bundesliga? 0. Not good enough at this level.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He just decided to roam around, asking for the ball in midfield kept pressure on Wales and Sweden get a goal. How can people watch him play and say he's past it is a mystery to me.
If you're good enough, you're young enough.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I don't get all this Rashford hype. For me he can sleep on the bench as long as Ibra scores goals. I would even rather see Martial played as a 9.

Marcelinho87

I don't get all this Rashford hype. For me he can sleep on the bench as long as Ibra scores goals. I would even rather see Martial played as a 9.
You don't get a young local lad coming through and doing well?

The kid has been sensational.

Limit his football to prevent burn out but not to the extent where it becomes detrimental to his development.

Has all the tools to be a star.

JackXX

Hype? Nobody had heard of him a few months ago. He gets a start in the first team and hasn't stopped scoring. That's not hype it's a talented young player taking a chance and running with it.

Dobbs

Yes of course if that 21 year old had trained and played with/against Tevez for 5 years. As that is how Ferdinand came upon the knowledge that he was able to pass on. Smalling having never faced Tevez before (or at least more than once or twice) possibly wouldn't have known how to contain him without Ferdinand's advice.

If you are suggesting thats not really experience being passed on then sorry mate your wide of the mark on this one.
Clearly you don't need to have played with/against Tevez for five years to learn that about him. A handful of training sessions and it would be evident.

I just think it's a very tenuous benefit. As we've agreed what a footballer really needs to succeed can't be taught. Only experience and practice can bring that. The bits that can be passed on are just so small I don't see much in it. If anything Rashford will know a bit more about the weaknesses of Stones, Demichelis etc given he's recently played against them.

I have seriously no idea why international games should be ignored when judging the overall skill of a player. I find it absurd to say the least.

So no it's not obvious at all and I would love to hear why you think it is.
Because of the level of opposition? Because a chunk of the games are friendlies?

I'm not saying completely ignore them. Clearly if a player has scored lots of international goals he must have something about him. As Zlatan has. Equally scoring shit loads against San Marino and Lichtenstein isn't in anyway proof of being able to do it at the very highest level.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You don't get a young local lad coming through and doing well?

The kid has been sensational.

Limit his football to prevent burn out but not to the extent where it becomes detrimental to his development.

Has all the tools to be a star.
What about Martial's development. Does Rashford deserve more chances than Martial as number 9?

Also, does Rashford's development get priority over winning the league?

If playing Ibra or Martial is better for the team, I would pick them every time over Rashford. In fact, if Ibra turns out to be good, I would only play the others in his spot when he needs a rest.

Players come and go, the team is what matters.

El-Manos

18 year old Manchester lad scores 9 goals in less than 20 appearances against some big teams playing for a terrible United team. What's there not to get?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Mata has played 52 games - all competitions - with United. With Mourinho, 2 options:

- Mata leaves United: unlikely scenario given his current salary package
- Mata stays and is likely to play around 30 games: it would give more playing time for the other offensive players including Rashford.

Last edited:

ChaddyP

18 year old Manchester lad scores 9 goals in less than 20 appearances against some big teams playing for a terrible United team. What's there not to get?
He's not playing for Juventus with a 60 million euro buy out clause. obviously

El-Manos

He's not playing for Juventus with a 60 million euro buy out clause. obviously
Imagine some appropriate tactics, solid midfield and an actual quality right winger supporting this lad with some quality football....

Status
Not open for further replies.