Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohan

Their was plenty of noise that lots of clubs were intrested in him, he choose us, is it that hard to believe.
Maybe its because of his confidence/arrogance that he wanted to be the saviour for a club in distress.

Werder Herzog

Is it weird i had a dream of Zlatan the other week as a stallion with his body shirtless and then the hind of a stallion kung fu kicking Sakho at Liverpool?

Maybe its because of his confidence/arrogance that he wanted to be the saviour for a club in distress.
No doubt. Link up with his favorite mananger in his career, finally play in the Prem, chance to stick it to Pep, chance to be hailed as the man who put United back on top.

It couldn't be more perfect for the Zlatan ego.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
With JoMo-Latan combo, the immensity of f**** we give in game will be massive. Rooney now has to kick ass, kiss ass.. or predictably will just be an ass.

GJNJ

I cant wait the expressions of our level headed youths in martial and rashford looking at Zlatan tearing people up and going for the throat and be at his usual devil may care mood. This gonna be hilarious. Good exposure that.
Yes the same as the players from the class of 92 who regularly went into the crowd kicking fans because of Cantona's influence.

If you want to find negatives, you will be able to find negatives.

Crustanoid

I wonder how Rooney will feel about probably not being the most influential player anymore.
Rooney needs to be swiftly ejected for the sake of squad balance and harmony. We simply won't be able to carry him now. China can have him - if Hulk fetches 40 odd million we can make a bomb and now is the perfect time to do so.

Eddy_JukeZ

I wonder how Rooney will feel about probably not being the most influential player anymore.
Well he hasn't been the most influential player in terms of performance/production since 2011-2012.

So he's probably used to it :D

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I just wanted to wait to be sure that this supposed transfer was true before giving my opinion on it.

I'm not happy having recruited him for few reasons.

The first, has been shown by his tweet. Since when a player announces himself to a club, rather than the club itself. Whenever he went, he felt greater than the club and that's an absolute disgrace and a lack of respect.

Secondly, this guy has never excelled in big games, against top opponents and that’s why we need. We can sum up it by strong against the weak and weak against the strong.

And the last, this guy is 34 and what is exactly the club’s philosophy by recuiting him ? Just showing that we’re not good enough to attract a real striker ?

I’m not happy about him. Scoring 50 goals with PSG in this French L1….. I bet he won’t score more than 10 goals this season

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Zlatan's in for a shock when he sees Rooney's "technique" and first touch.

BarstoolProphet

I just wanted to wait to be sure that this supposed transfer was true before giving my opinion on it.

The first, has been shown by his tweet. Since when a player announces himself to a club, rather than the club itself. Whenever he went, he felt greater than the club and that's an absolute disgrace and a lack of respect.

Secondly, this guy has never excelled in big games, against top opponents and that’s why we need. We can sum up it by strong against the weak and weak against the strong.

And the last, this guy is 34 and what is exactly the club’s philosophy by recuiting him ? Just showing that we’re not good enough to attract a real striker ?

I’m not happy about him. Scoring 50 goals with PSG in this French L1….. I bet he won’t score more than 10 goals this season

1. I can see why, especially as we mocked Chelsea over Hazard. Then again, this probably a joint marketing stunt by both the club and Team Zlatan. He might feel like he's greater than the club but he's incredible professional and is also well liked among teammates. A match made in heaven in Woodward's eyes.

2. It might be true, but what do you base that on? And I disagree on that part. What we need is to have a flat-track bully again. We currently have none, which is illustrated by us struggling against every single team post-SAF.

3. Define 'a real striker'. You would have thought Zlatan would be placed in that category, but I guess not. I don't know the club's thinking behind this but it looks like it got something to do with getting a proven striker, a marquee signing to boost the club and also having a perfect foil for Rashford's development. Before Rashford's emergence it would have made less sense, now it makes perfect sense.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

The club have backed the young strikers coming through...or given then a very good chance by not signing someone who would block their progress in the long run. Is that hard to understand? As for him announcing it...yeah he's got a big ego but let's see if his performances for United merit it. If they do, no one will remember that ;)

Bruno8

Great signing. On free too.

I don't know why some of you are complaining, it's a free transfer. What do we have to lose?
I think this "free transfer" thing is a bit of a myth. Yes we dont pay any club any cent but the player gets a huge signing on fee of probably 8-10m which for his age would have been equivalent to his transfer fee if you consider we bought Basti for 6m

addo

He has scored against most "big teams" club wise, league clinchin goals derbywinners etc.. He is seventh through all time in CL scoring charts, third in CL assist charts. Internationally he has dragged the worst team Sweden has had for a few decades to two Euro's all by himself, broken records left to right in all leagues hes been in. Bar Messi and Ronaldo he is the biggest name in the footballworld. How can anyone not be excited...?

Regarding him vs English opposition, he has scored against Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal.. even Mancherster United.. and the English NT.. So he's alread scored against the "big teams" in England, just imagine the buttloads of goals he will score against the lesser teams.. Those goals will win a League.

Smile!

Reactions: Invictus

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

You'd fit in perfectly over at rawk.

Jesus.....its fecking Ibrahimovic your acting like we've signed Rickie lambert or something. He's still firmly in the top 10 players in the world. He will score at the very least 20 goals next season im certain of it. He will handle the physicality of the premier league well too because of his frame. His age is irrelevent considering he's still in peak condition.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think this "free transfer" thing is a bit of a myth. Yes we dont pay any club any cent but the player gets a huge signing on fee of probably 8-10m which for his age would have been equivalent to his transfer fee if you consider we bought Basti for 6m
How is the free transfer thing a "Myth". It's a free transfer. That is not a myth at all.

Whoever got this "myth" phrase to the Cafe needs to pay.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I wish he was a little younger but I can not believe we have signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I've loved him for years.

He had 2 options in 2011 AC Milan or City. Thank God he chose Milan.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

1. Eh. Do you honestly care? It's happened a few times now, directly and indirectly. Hazard and Gundogan recently. Others have essentially done it through their Twitter/Instagram follows. It's what the game is now, as much self-promotion and marketing as anything. Hell, even Paul Scholes can't seem to quiet down these days. End of the day, the performance on the field matters most and I don't think he's had any troubles performing on the pitch.

2. I think that's overstated. Yes, his CL knockout stage record is poor. But for us, with no CL, does that really matter? The standard of the PL, while competitive, certainly isn't up to the quality of the best the CL has had to offer in the last few years. You don't think he can handle the likes of Arsenal or Leicester, never mind Sunderland or Watford? Dropping points to relegation fodder last season is the only reason we didn't make the CL. We were #2 in pts against the top half of the table IIRC, so excelling in the big matches hasn't really been our issue nor has it ever really been an issue for Mourinho.

3. Oh yeah, he's undeniably one of the top 10 players in the world. Even if he's half as good next year, he'll still bring plenty to the season. Beyond that, the club's reasoning is quite obvious. This is the definition of a stop-gap signing. He represents a relatively small financial risk with a short-term commitment. If he's terrible, not a huge issue, it gets more time for Rashford. If he's fantastic, well, great right? And even in that case, he won't block Rashford or others from developing beyond next season. I'd be more concerned if we brought in a striker in his prime on a long-term deal. That's the type of move that would hinder the development of players like Rashford and Martial. This way we get a top player who can help us perform strongly next year and, ideally, re-establish ourselves as a force in the league.

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol: at Ibra not scoring more than 10 goals next season.

If Ibra isn't a "real striker", I don't know who is.

He's world class. And he'll show why the upcoming season.

ti vu

1. Eh. Do you honestly care? It's happened a few times now, directly and indirectly. Hazard and Gundogan recently. Others have essentially done it through their Twitter/Instagram follows. It's what the game is now, as much self-promotion and marketing as anything. Hell, even Paul Scholes can't seem to quiet down these days. End of the day, the performance on the field matters most and I don't think he's had any troubles performing on the pitch.

2. I think that's overstated. Yes, his CL knockout stage record is poor. But for us, with no CL, does that really matter? The standard of the PL, while competitive, certainly isn't up to the quality of the best the CL has had to offer in the last few years. You don't think he can handle the likes of Arsenal or Leicester, never mind Sunderland or Watford? Dropping points to relegation fodder last season is the only reason we didn't make the CL. We were #2 in pts against the top half of the table IIRC, so excelling in the big matches hasn't really been our issue nor has it ever really been an issue for Mourinho.

3. Oh yeah, he's undeniably one of the top 10 players in the world. Even if he's half as good next year, he'll still bring plenty to the season. Beyond that, the club's reasoning is quite obvious. This is the definition of a stop-gap signing. He represents a relatively small financial risk with a short-term commitment. If he's terrible, not a huge issue, it gets more time for Rashford. If he's fantastic, well, great right? And even in that case, he won't block Rashford or others from developing beyond next season. I'd be more concerned if we brought in a striker in his prime on a long-term deal. That's the type of move that would hinder the development of players like Rashford and Martial. This way we get a top player who can help us perform strongly next year and, ideally, re-establish ourselves as a force in the league.
I think many posters were on about these exact same thing for hundred of times. Some people just don't read thread anymore. Keep seeing random posters went on about the same negativity.

RC89

wahoooooooooooo..! @Raoul Sorry about the gify, i did not realize that a gif of United players is also considered as a meme.
It's tough to keep our emotions in check right now :D
We're not allowed to post gifs and memes? Is that why we don't see Kermit anymore?

GazTheLegend

To quote reddit "I would not be surprised if Zlatan just woke up one day and decided randomly he wanted to play for Man Utd and they had to draw up contracts and roll with it because it's Zlatan" hahaha

podurban2

Christ on a bike that was painful to read. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People crying about Ibra announcing it on social media need to get with the times, get a life and stop being so precious.
Nothing 'precious' about it. Odd you say get with the times, its still very rare for a player to do that.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
People crying about Ibra announcing it on social media need to get with the times, get a life and stop being so precious.[/QU
Exactly. It's not like they're getting their ring fingered.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Players always get signing bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.