5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald G

Are we allowed to bring him back in January? If so it is a must. He's not getting a lot of game time and we could really do with him right now, especially as he can play in all 4 attacking options.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Are we allowed to bring him back in January? If so it is a must. He's not getting a lot of game time and we could really do with him right now, especially as he can play in all 4 attacking options.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/adnan-januzaj-2015-16-performances.406662/page-36
In line with previous statements from Dortmund, Kicker magazine reports that Adnan will stay at Dortmund this January.

Jonas Hofmann is as good as gone to Gladbach, either sold or on loan. Whether or not this will increase Adnan's chances remains to be seen and will depend on who Dortmund bring in for Hofmann (if anyone).
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/januzaj-confirmed-on-loan-at-dortmund.408777/page-33#post-18585502
If Dortmund agrees yes but it doesn't look likely. Kicker magazine reported yesterday (again) that according to BVB, Januzaj will stay beyond January. Contrary to BILD, Kicker are pretty reliable; they don't invent stuff. Moreover, Dortmund just sold Jonas Hofmann, trimming the attacking options even further. Unless a new attacking player comes in, I don't see Dortmund terminating the deal.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Think one of our BVB residents made a good point that he's probably not going back here in January as they're selling/loaning Jonas Hofmann somewhere.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund already have a gaping hole in terms of squad depth. Castro, Januzaj, Sahin and Ramos are their only offensive options.
Castro has been doing well as the they went deeper into the season, probably genuinely threatening Kagawa.
Sahin should be a very serious option for the CM positions too, but aside from a hand full of games last winter he was injured for more than a year now, so I doubt they can trust him to play a bigger role soon. And even if he's back 100% he could only replace one of the attackers if they move Gündogan from his best position and let Sahin fill in for him.
Ramos has shown some improvement, but unless a miracle happens he's at least one step below the rest of the squad in terms of quality.

No way will Dortmund enter the second half of the season (and three competitions) with those three as their only attacking back ups and if United had an option to "forcefully" terminate the loan I doubt that they would've sold Hofmann this early before they finalized one or two signings. Besides, even if their bench was stacked with quality, why would they let Januzaj go? According to the more trustworthy media they don't even pay his full salary, he basically costs them nothing and with his talent he is always an interesting option.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He is an option during times of desperation but he isn't going anywhere as a footballer either. Another welbeck. Overhyped because he came from the youth.

Crossie

Supports
@do.ob
It remains to be seen how Tuchel plays him but I wouldn't consider Nuri as an attacking option, neither full term nor back-up. This leaves us with Mkhitaryan, Reus, Kagawa, Castro, Ramos/Aubame and although I'm not convinced of him either Gündogan - and Januzaj. That's almost as slim as Tuchel's body mass index.

I doubt that Felix Passlack is considered to be an option yet and therefore agree that it's more likely Dortmund will buy another attacking player than let anybody further leave.

ottosec

Some of the people in this thread need to pull their heads out of their arse and realize that this kid is only 20. I never seen a young player getting so much shit like this guy. Even when he was here and had a decent game here and there people were swarming this thread to give him shit, it's ridiculous.

He came in the team at 18 and had a good season, now it's like people expect him to play like Messi or Ronaldo.

He hasn't progressed much in the last year or so and it looks like his loan is a big fail, but he has showed that he has the talent to succeed. It's up to him if he can make it happen or not.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Some of the people in this thread need to pull their heads out of their arse and realize that this kid is only 20. I never seen a young player getting so much shit like this guy. Even when he was here and had a decent game here and there people were swarming this thread to give him shit, it's ridiculous.

He came in the team at 18 and had a good season, now it's like people expect him to play like Messi or Ronaldo.

He hasn't progressed much in the last year or so and it looks like his loan is a big fail, but he has showed that he has the talent to succeed. It's up to him if he can make it happen or not.
if he's as good as some on here claim, it's not unreasonable to want him to be close to those two at age 20 - and he's nowhere near.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
So if he's not as good as those two were, does that mean he's shit?
essentially, yes. or at least that's how it would sound by some people.

there've been some that have been entirely over the top in praising him, and others who are too easily ready to slate him. regardless, i just want him to get minutes somewhere - anywhere, so that he can be a real asset for us. i fall into the category that think he has what it takes to be a special player.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So only the young Messi or Ronaldo, or players who are nearly as good are good enough for us. Ok, message received and understood.
I think that people on here have a tendency to massively overrate our young players, when IMO most of the current crop will be playing for the likes of Sunderland in a few years time.

Brightonian

I think that people on here have a tendency to massively overrate our young players, when IMO most of the current crop will be playing for the likes of Sunderland in a few years time.
I don't think anyone would dispute that, though. There are fifty or so youngsters on the radar at the moment, and even the most optimistic wouldn't expect to see more than three or four in a future starting line-up at a time.

No-one who rates our youngsters is saying that every single one who could play for us is going to be good enough to. The point is that if you have five at that level, you'd hope to see one of them break through.

Putting all that aside, people are being down on Januzaj in this thread at the moment because he's not playing football. That's ridiculous. He's at a foreign club, in a foreign country, competing with a set of attacking players that not only features one of the best in the world, Reus, but is also gelling really well and performing brilliantly. If he was playing regularly and badly, then you could draw conclusions, but there's really nothing to be taken from this other than that, after an initially promising start, the loan spell has proven to be overambitious. We should bring him back in January and possibly look for something in a bottom-half PL team for him instead.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This thread depresses me so much, I had such high hopes from Adnan and for various reasons (fault of the player, club etc) all the hopes are being destroyed. So many people put him down when he was here but I would happily take him over Memphis right now.

Crossie

Supports
We should bring him back in January and possibly look for something in a bottom-half PL team for him instead.
This is not a viable option in January. The rules don't allow that a player plays for three different clubs in one season. Therefore he either stays until the end of the season at Dortmund or returns to United in January.

C'est Moi Cantona

I remember some chat about LvG wanting to turn him into a striker, I wonder if buying one isn't an option whether he'll try and bring Adnan back to fill the 2nd/3rd rd striker role.

Would love to have him back but only if LvG is going to play him, which given the Europa is looming they'll be every opportunity..

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He wouldn't transform us to title winners but he could give us much needed options upfront

rpitchfo

Put simply...if he's not playing he needs to come back. Our squad isn't big enough to also fill the squads of other good teams

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund are being linked with Partizan's Zivkovic and to a bit lesser extend Heereenven's Larsson. Both of them are two young technichally gifted attacking midfielders. So from the looks of it Dortmund will be replacig Hofmann with a more promising young player. Which may or may not make things easier for Adnan, depending on how well or quickly the new guy settles in.

Crossie

Supports
Serbian media confirm rumors yesterday - http://futbolgrad.com/zivkovic-headed-to-borussia-dortmund/ - but I don't buy it until Thomas Hennecke or RuhrNachrichten confirm. IIRC, Zivkovic is left-footed which is what Tuchel was (also) looking for in a potential Yarmolenko move last summer which didn't pan out as we all know.

If Zivkovic joins now, Tuchel might consider Adnan surplus and let him return (if he wants to).

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Serbian media confirm rumors yesterday - http://futbolgrad.com/zivkovic-headed-to-borussia-dortmund/ - but I don't buy it until Thomas Hennecke or RuhrNachrichten confirm. IIRC, Zivkovic is left-footed which is what Tuchel was (also) looking for in a potential Yarmolenko move last summer which didn't pan out as we all know.

If Zivkovic joins now, Tuchel might consider Adnan surplus and let him return (if he wants to).
Great addition if true, i'm a fan of Zivkovic

Crossie

Supports
Great addition if true, i'm a fan of Zivkovic
If this transfer comes to fruition, he'd be Europa League-tied for BVB; therefore, I personally would not let Adnan return in January to United but Tuchel might think differently. If that happens, Adnan would be Europa League-tied for United.

In less than a month we'll know. :)

United22

Thank god because his worst is better than anything Memphis can conjure up

Oo0AahCantona

He cant be any worse than memphis has been, maybe they can have a "Who has the worst attitude" competition to fight for a spot.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Our joint 6th top scorer in the league this season.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thank god because his worst is better than anything Memphis can conjure up
He cant be any worse than memphis has been, maybe they can have a "Who has the worst attitude" competition to fight for a spot.
Januzaj has scored 5 goals for us in 60 games.
Memphis has scored 5 goals for us in 23 games.

Both have been terribly inconsistent with us but one had about a year's worth of it before being loaned out, the other has had about 10 games. Settle yourselves down a bit lads.

KGBhoy

You clearly haven't seen enough Januzaj. He's at least as bad as Memphis. There's a reason he didn't play for Dortmund.
I hope I'm wrong, but I am not excited about him coming back. I don't think this is the type of boost we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.