5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

Should loan him to Leicester as part of a deal for Mahrez. Win win for us.

Litch

aside from everything else, he falls in that place like many players at the club at mo, what's his best position? He too slow to play in the wing, not built to play centrally. I think like many players with his skill set, needs to find a league like Spain where time and space allows for players like him to express himself.

ottosec

I think he's the most talented player that has come through our academy in recent years, but unfortunately it looks like all the early fame and big money got to his head. He is still very young and hopefully he can mature and turn it around.

In Rainbows

Tbh I don't think that Januzaj looks great in this scene. Initially he had plenty of space and Arsenal had zero defensive organization or discipline. He could've easily turned around and passed it to Mata who then would've had plenty of space. Instead he just kept going by himself and literally backed himself in into the corner and when the opposition caught up to him he didn't try to waste some time or win his team a corner, instead he tried a showpiece dribble through two defenders.
I would have agreed with you if it wasn't the end of the game where he was just trying to waste time. The defender fell, which he noticed and tried to get something out of it.

I've been watching him closely for a while now, and was a big fan of his, but now I must say I think it's looking less and less unlikely that he will be this great star that we thought he would be. He just lacks that power, pace and most critically, that cutting edge to be a true winger. He lacks the presence and poise to be a no. 10 and he's no midfielder.
He doesn't lack the poise to be a no.10. His problem when he played there was difficulty finding the right space so he could be more involved. He can get that with more experience. He looks a lot more comfortable in that position than on the wing where he tries to get by through dribbling alone these days.

Martial Depay Lingard and Rashford are a class above him now and that is a shame and Januzaj has only himself to blame for that. 21 is not that young anymore. I hope he sincerely regrets going to Dortmund and will now get his act together. He isnt the young starlet anymore.
Ehh not quite. Martial certainly is and Depay has done more. Lingard and Rashford are not a class above him. Sorry, but they're not.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't remember the exact quote but remember the context. I'm pretty sure it was Adnan

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He said it was a 19 year old didn't he
He did said that, Januzaj it is then, I think Zaha was twenty.

"I asked what the matter was. 'I thought I was going to play today,' he explained. I reminded him he was 19 and told him to stop crying like a little baby."

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Pretty sure hes not In the squad again today. Jeez. If he cant get a look in now, he wont ever again. LVG has closed the door.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Pretty sure hes not on the bench again today. Jeez. If he cant get a look in now, he wont ever again. LVG has closed the door.
If this is true I'm seriously disappointed in LVG yet again. We all know that this kid does have the ability to make it big at the highest level - he deserves to be at least on the bench for that.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I've lost all hope. Look at this starting eleven. Is this the quality he couldn't get ahead of? He will probably be sold in the summer. We will regret this.

FromTheBench

fecking Weir made the bench ahead of him and Pereira ?

Nothing against Weir but cmon.....

He will be sold if somehow LVG stays on and might be anyway. And we will regret it soonish.

In Rainbows

fecking Weir made the bench ahead of him and Pereira ?

Nothing against Weir but cmon.....

He will be sold if somehow LVG stays on and might be anyway. And we will regret it soonish.
He will be if Mou comes in unless he works harder on defense.

wiz4231

He will be if Mou comes in unless he works harder on defense.
He's obviously going to work harder in defence not making the squad, its a great idea. Marvelous LVG. Philosophy. Oh Pereira needs to work harder in defence too. Perfect. Or maybe let's just destroy the living souls out of these 2 and take away all their potential and flair until their nothing more than average players playing for a average team with average goals in mind.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He's obviously going to work harder in defence not making the squad, its a great idea. Marvelous LVG. Philosophy. Oh Pereira needs to work harder in defence too. Perfect. Or maybe let's just destroy the living souls out of these 2 and take away all their potential and flair until their nothing more than average players playing for a average team with average goals in mind.
Mission accomplished!

Devil may care

So him and Pereira weren't injured like some suggested when they weren't on the bench yesterday.

itso 7

Scored two goals today in United's U21 4-0 win. No place for that sort of production on the first team.
I'm now sort of wishing that they stay away from Van Gaal's toxic influence. If he and Pereira bide their time there is no way the next manager is going to overlook them, given how impressive they are and the fact that 'giving youth a chance' is a condition precedent to getting the United job.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I'm now sort of wishing that they stay away from Van Gaal's toxic influence. If he and Pereira bide their time there is no way the next manager is going to overlook them, given how impressive they are and the fact that 'giving youth a chance' is a condition precedent to getting the United job.
Mourinho won't use them. Not under any circumstance.

Donut

I can't believe how he's just being ignored.

It can't be his fitness levels. Fellaini comes back after a month, and he gets to play the full 90 minutes. This "red zone" bullshit is just an excuse for LVG to play his favourites. And even if his fitness levels maybe aren't 100% there's absolutely no reason for him to not at least make the bench.

Say what you want about Januzaj, and I agree he can sometimes be frustrating, but he is also one of our most creative players, which is a very useful trait in a team that has 1 chance per game.

Bwuk

I can't believe how he's just being ignored.

It can't be his fitness levels. Fellaini comes back after a month, and he gets to play the full 90 minutes. This "red zone" bullshit is just an excuse for LVG to play his favourites. And even if his fitness levels maybe aren't 100% there's absolutely no reason for him to not at least make the bench.

Say what you want about Januzaj, and I agree he can sometimes be frustrating, but he is also one of our most creative players, which is a very useful trait in a team that has 1 chance per game.
He wasn't eligible yesterday.

Godfather

Maybe just maybe, there is a reason he is not starting games and wasn't for Dortmund. He is just not all that.

Dobbs

Maybe just maybe, there is a reason he is not starting games and wasn't for Dortmund. He is just not all that.
How good he'll be in the long term is debatable.

What's undeniable is that as a winger he's shown more in the EPL than Memphis, Lingard and Mata. For that reason alone he should be getting minutes.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
well he's playing u21's today, so i don't expect him to be anywhere near the bench for sunday. he scored two goals for the u21's on monday as well, so any more of that and he may as well close the books on the senior team for this year. we can't be having that sort of thing around here.

might i also add, that if adnan got the sort of chances that depay has got this year we'd probably be a lot better off for it.

for all the flack some give januzaj, the guy has played less than two full matches worth of minutes in the premiership this season - including the matches he played in before his loan to dortmund.

ridiculous.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If Adnan had gotten anywhere near the number of chances Depay has got, he would have made the position his own. Instead what has happened since lVG has come in that he's either been frozen out completely or starts a couple of games in a row and then is not seen again for a couple of months. When he does play he plays in all sorts of weird positions.

He's been treated appallingly by LVG. Just hoping Mourinho does a lot better with him but I'm not holding my breath.

In Rainbows

Yeah the Dortmund thing proved that the players in front of him were playing better. That doesn't mean he was bad for Dortmund. Well it also proved that he wasn't as hard working on the defensive side that Dortmund required. United don't have players in the same form as Dortmund had. When players who constantly put in crap performances continue to get game time your comment doesn't excuse his lack of chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.