Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its funny that Januzaj plays as well as Pereira every game while playing in reserves, or maybe even betters him, atleast as per reports, and still people cry out loud for Pereira to be included because he's the next big thing, while Januzaj is not

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Januzaj at least got a loan (as shitty as it was). Pereira was refused that. I'm still livid at the treatment of both, fwiw.

Smores

Januzaj at least got a loan (as shitty as it was). Pereira was refused that. I'm still livid at the treatment of both, fwiw.
This is the reason LvG being hailed for youth is bullshit. Lets face it, it's not about who deserves their chance and who needs first team games to develop, it's about who gets lucky from others being injured.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He got the injury in between but why is so unfit? He's been training with Dortmund all season and played a few games too. I just hope he does well under the next manager. Always get the feeling LVG doesn't like him.

khoazany

I don't have anything against Weir but seeing him get on the bench ahead of Januzaj and Pereira is pure ridiculousness.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've no hope for Januzaj under Van Gaal. He's only going to play him as a striker or some stupid shit like LWB so he'll never come good. If Van Gaal is still here next season then Januzaj and Pereira are done at United.

Januzaj has lost so much ground under this fraud.

El Jefe

I really don't rate this kid. The reason why he doesn't get played imo is because he's extremely unreliable. The basics of his game such as knowing when to pass, tracking back, off the ball movement and not losing the ball is almost non-existent.

To make things worse, he always tries to play for himself and not the team. You see him run into blind alleys trying to take on 2 or more defenders and also shooting from range all the time. I wouldn't really have a problem with this if he actually did have the pace and trickery to take on multiple defenders or if he actually scored from his long shots but he doesn't.

I agree he has talent as we saw that in the first half of 13/14 but he still has a long way to go. The new contract, the No.11 shirt, the media hype and the fan fare over what international team he would play for has all gotten to his head and he thinks he's better than what he is.

He can turn it around with application, hard work and listening to his coaches but I personally wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a career playing for the likes of Fenerbache and PSV.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I really don't rate this kid. The reason why he doesn't get played imo is because he's extremely unreliable. The basics of his game such as knowing when to pass, tracking back, off the ball movement and not losing the ball is almost non-existent.

To make things worse, he always tries to play for himself and not the team. You see him run into blind alleys trying to take on 2 or more defenders and also shooting from range all the time. I wouldn't really have a problem with this if he actually did have the pace and trickery to take on multiple defenders or if he actually scored from his long shots but he doesn't.

I agree he has talent as we saw that in the first half of 13/14 but he still has a long way to go. The new contract, the No.11 shirt, the media hype and the fan fare over what international team he would play for has all gotten to his head and he thinks he's better than what he is.

He can turn it around with application, hard work and listening to his coaches but I personally wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a career playing for the likes of Fenerbache and PSV.
We've got experienced pros that are supposed to be some of the best around that look shit under Van Gaal. I'd hold off on writing Januzaj off until we have a decent coach that uses him like Moyes did. Van Gaal seems to want to do everything but that, in an effort to better Moyes and be hailed as the one that made him. Clearly he can't do that and has cast him aside a bit in favour of less talented youngsters where there are potentially more personal accolades for Van Gaal to earn.

Silverman

He needs a run of games. He can't be expected to settle into a team with the odd final 10 minutes of a game. Same goes for Pereira.

NinjaFletch

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the Memphis thread?

El Jefe

We've got experienced pros that are supposed to be some of the best around that look shit under Van Gaal. I'd hold off on writing Januzaj off until we have a decent coach that uses him like Moyes did. Van Gaal seems to want to do everything but that, in an effort to better Moyes and be hailed as the one that made him. Clearly he can't do that and has cast him aside a bit in favour of less talented youngsters where there are potentially more personal accolades for Van Gaal to earn.
If if was just Van Gaal I'd be inclined to agree with you but Tuchel and Wilmots have also been unimpressed with him. I've actually not wtitten him off completely, I'm just a bit baffled when I see people outraged at him not being in starting line ups as he's been poor for about two years now.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the Memphis thread?
I did think this while typing tbh. I guess that's another thing going against Adnan. Having Memphis and Januzaj in the same 11 is a recipe for disaster. Two brainless primadonnas losing the ball at every opportunity.

It has to be one of them and I would choose Memphis.

roykeane19

Him and Perreira are the 2 players well above those in the reserves, but get no game time. The Looney Van Gaal philosophy way

Looney Bin has destroyed most of the senior team , who got progressively worse every match they play. He gives average youth players chances, whereas for the future Januzaj and Perreira are the most talented, but have had 2 years in a very important stage of their development wasted

Lingard and the rest are not the future, they will all be on bench or sold

In Rainbows

To make things worse, he always tries to play for himself and not the team. You see him run into blind alleys trying to take on 2 or more defenders and also shooting from range all the time.
It's a shame because he was never like that until Moyes came. Maybe he was instructed to take players on because the coaches want to make him a winger like Giggs or something. Or maybe the dribbling success he had under Moyes makes him believe he can recreate that. I'm not sure

Perrick Dubois

He has the ability.

He needs a manager who believes in him and gives him the run he deserves in the role he suits.

I'm not prepared to give up on him that easy.

No clips there of his game against Newcastle at St. James which I was at. He came on early for Young I think who busted his hand from memory. He played so well that day and got a sweet goal.

XdanielredX

No clips there of his game against Newcastle at St. James which I was at. He came on early for Young I think who busted his hand from memory. He played so well that day and got a sweet goal.

I remember that game.

My point is, he is a fantastic FANTASTIC prospect.

That's been forgotten a lot due to recent bad form under Van Gaal, forgotten way too easily.

Played right he could be our best player.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He has the ability.

He needs a manager who believes in him and gives him the run he deserves in the role he suits.

I'm confident he'll make it, first step is to get rid of this shit manager.

...Hell, even Mourinho was throwing him praises back then.

“He is a fantastic player. He is not 18 - he is 25. He is so mature and comfortable. A very good and important player.”

“I just think he is a very good player with the great conditions to have a great long-term career,” he added.

“I don’t know the boy individually, but it looks like he has the lot.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...heaps-praise-on-Man-Utd-starlet-Adnan-Januzaj

Perrick Dubois

I remember that game.

My point is, he is a fantastic FANTASTIC prospect.

That's been forgotten a lot due to recent bad form under Van Gaal, forgotten way too easily.

Played right he could be our best player.
Apologies, I wasn't having a go at you. It just triggered my memory of that Newcastle game.

wiz4231

I remember that game, we played some beautiful attacking football and to say that was under Moyes. That game was better than anything LVG has put out so far.

Perrick Dubois

I remember that game, we played some beautiful attacking football and to say that was under Moyes. That game was better than anything LVG has put out so far.
We played decent footy under Moyes, an extension of SAF where the players could still express themselves (No doubting he was an absolute twerp of a man though). Much better conditions for Januzaj to play in than what we have at the moment.

XdanielredX

Apologies, I wasn't having a go at you. It just triggered my memory of that Newcastle game.
I didn't take any offence, didn't mean to make it seem that way.

I was just reminiscing like aahhh yeah i remember that game, better times with Januzaj :)

I'm confident once Van Gaal leaves the real Januzaj will come back.

Then watch our frontline of Januzaj, Depay, Martial and Rashford blossom.

Perrick Dubois

Don't think he'll start again under Van Gaal. Much has seeped out about his loan and looks like he pissed the boss off and he wanted rid.

POF

That front 4 (Hernandez, Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj) only played because he was resting players for the Champions League (Mata was cup tied). All 4 were outstanding. It was an excellent performance and one of the best under Moyes. Like most of the good things that happened under Moyes it was more through luck than judgement.

dirkey

He has the ability.

I see people say this so often, and I always ask, why does he deserve a run?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The video is sort of my reasoning for it.

Look at the form he was able to produce when he was in the team regularly and played in a role that suits him.

He destroyed teams.

That's why he deserves a shot.
No he didn't

GloryHunter07

That front 4 (Hernandez, Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj) only played because he was resting players for the Champions League (Mata was cup tied). All 4 were outstanding. It was an excellent performance and one of the best under Moyes. Like most of the good things that happened under Moyes it was more through luck than judgement.
Quite a sexy front four, some nice interplay too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.