AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Was at the game last night with an Arsenal-supporting mate.

They must have the worst set of home fans in the country. Stadium was more than half empty with almost ten minutes to go. Considering their late goals recently, you'd think they'd want to stay. Don't get me started on their shit chants either.

How Wenger believes he doesn't need to strengthen is baffling. Ramsey came off with a bad case of couldn't-care-less-itis. Ozil was invisible. Sanchez ran around like a headless chicken and refused to shoot. They've no plan B. Must be the only team in the world who at two nil down they proceed to TAKE OFF their big man striker who has been saving them lately instead of bringing him on. Truly baffling.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This is so relevant. People talk about Wenger being a perennial underachiever. Arsenal were competitive for 7 seasons, winning three league titles. That represented them overachieving. (Plus we won the other 4 in that time anyway).

I am HUGELY respectful of Wenger. He changed English football. He came here, brought a certain brand of football that was open, expansive and great to watch. He built one of the best league sides of all time, evolved from one of the most exciting. Those are great achievements.

Yet that's all it ever ran to.

Fergie had built a great United side for a few years. Wenger came along and changed football a little. Fergie met that challenge, changed how we played and went again. After Arsenals first triumph we won 3 back to back. Mourinho came along, had great success with Chelsea employing a new style. He hit day 1 of the season as if the title race started. After 2 seasons, Fergie had adjusted, rebuilt and we won 3 back to back again.

Wenger has never done that. He inherited a great defence, turned it into a fabulous football team. Evolved that into a very strong and dominant side that went a whole season unbeaten... That's where it finished though. 13 years without a league title. He never defended a league title. His and Arsenals success can be narrowed down to fit a 7 year window. A 20 year old today will have almost no recollection of Arsenal ever being a successful league side.

I really enjoy watching them at times. Some of my favourite players in the league play there. If I could raid any club for players, it would probably be them. They're just not winners though and haven't been in over a decade.

Rant over. Fully expect them to now spank Chelsea, win ten on the spin and the league too.
Found myself nodding along to this, great post.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Guy has done everything he could to try and get sacked, surely even he is surprised he hasn't been sacked yet.
No he hasn't. What most people don't understand, even the AKB brigade, is that Arsene Wenger works for Stan Kroenke, not the arsenal fans. And Stan's ambition is to make lots of £££. Wenger's ambition therefore is to make Stan lots of £££

And he's been succeeding at doing that for the past 12 years and counting

It's clear to anyone with a brain that arsenal need to change the manager if they want to win the league/CL. But their owner doesn't want to win the PL/CL

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some tough games there. I can only really see them winning 2 or 3 max.
I think they'll lose to Chelsea, Bayern away and lose to Sutton (it's just the sort of thing they do), draw to Liverpool, beat Bayern at home and beat Hull.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
No he hasn't. What most people don't understand, even the AKB brigade, is that Arsene Wenger works for Stan Kroenke, not the arsenal fans. And Stan's ambition is to make lots of £££. Wenger's ambition therefore is to make Stan lots of £££

And he's been succeeding at doing that for the past 12 years and counting

It's clear to anyone with a brain that arsenal need to change the manager if they want to win the league/CL. But their owner doesn't want to win the PL/CL
He clearly doesnt set out every season just to make Kroenke money, dont be silly. However Wenger and his methods have been passed by and he just doesn't buy the right players anymore. I would call it arrogance more than wilful negligence.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He clearly doesnt set out every season just to make Kroenke money, dont be silly. However Wenger and his methods have been passed by and he just doesn't buy the right players anymore. I would call it arrogance more than wilful negligence.
Of course he does. It's the owner he works for. It's the owner he answers to. It's the owner's targets he has to reach. Everything else is secondary to that

Ramshock

Of course he does. It's the owner he works for. It's the owner he answers to. It's the owner's targets he has to reach. Everything else is secondary to that
Dont talk bollocks, yes the owner restricts him but he doesnt set out every year not to win, what sort of manager loves to lose? Kroenke feeds into Arsenes arrogance and Arsene thinks he can still win everything without spending like the rest of the big clubs.

Loon

:lol:
TY is the Arsenal board's wet dream: blind loyalty and cash on the hip for the megastore.

Djemba-Djemba

Claude is a misery but he's right isn't he?

He's usually spot on about Arsenal. I'll definitely be Team Claude in the eventual Arsenal Fan Tv civil war against Ty.

Minimalist

I think DT sums up Arsenal perfectly as a football club since about 2006. A massive facade with feck all going on beneath.

I always feel for Claude - he just wants his club to perform to an acceptable level given their resources.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

The media is starting to pick up on Arsenal Fan TV now with John Cross calling them embarrassing.

Robbie must secretly love it when they lose. The viewing figures they get are ridiculous. Some of them can get thousands of views in a matter of minutes.

Ramshock

The media is starting to pick up on Arsenal Fan TV now with John Cross calling them embarrassing.

Robbie must secretly love it when they lose. The viewing figures they get are ridiculous. Some of them can get thousands of views in a matter of minutes.
Yeah like I said earlier its a nice cushion for him when Arsenal loses. Its almost like betting against your team.

VanGaalEra

John Cross is calling them embarrassing because DT from AFTV had been gunning him for his Ozil story. Probably just annoyed.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
John Cross is calling them embarrassing because DT from AFTV had been gunning him for his Ozil story. Probably just annoyed.
DT seems to clash with everyone.

Have you heard of Arsenal Guvnor on Twitter? He might be on a WUM but if not he's up there with the Ty's and Chris's of the world.

He's done some YouTube debates with DT but wants to stay anonymous, so his solution is to wear a Coke Zero box on his head (which he has cut into a mask) as well as a scarf.

If he's being genuine then I think he's the most deluded Arsenal Fan out there.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Claude and Ty are probably about the same age only Ty looks like a teenager with a bum fluff tash.
Claude and Ty show the difference between having a positive outlook on life and a negative one. You all take the piss out of Ty but for a man in his 40s he looks like he could be in his 20s.

AR87

Why the hell doesn't Perez get more chances to start is what I'd like to know. Wenger buys the guy in the summer and he seems to be quite versatile in being able to fit across the front 3 and has been extremely productive in the minutes he has got. He even nearly scored the equalizer yesterday with an absolute screamer.

I know they have plenty of attacking options, but he scored a hat trick earlier in the season in the CL and was on the bench for the next game in the PL. Compare that to Fergie when Hernandez scored the hat trick (later a brace because 1 was deemed an OG) to lead us back against Villa in his final season saying that Hernandez picks himself by scoring a hat trick. Poor man management imo.

VanGaalEra

DT seems to clash with everyone.

Have you heard of Arsenal Guvnor on Twitter? He might be on a WUM but if not he's up there with the Ty's and Chris's of the world.

He's done some YouTube debates with DT but wants to stay anonymous, so his solution is to wear a Coke Zero box on his head (which he has cut into a mask) as well as a scarf.

If he's being genuine then I think he's the most deluded Arsenal Fan out there.
Hahah yeah I've seen that, hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.