AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Venger was grilled in his post-match conference and he doesn't look to be folding any time soon.

Poor Arsenal fans.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
If Wenger don't sign any (quality) players in the next 10 days then i can't wait for Arsenal TV after the international break :lol:

But also "Well done" to Wenger....only pre-season and two league games but Holding looks very good so far on that level (I was already impressed with him as i saw him for Bolton and the U21's last season).

bleedred

Even during our darkest hour (under Moyes), Arsenal was the only top club that couldn't win against Utd. That says a lot about their Manager. He is done.

I can sympathise with the fans calling out for Wenger like DT and Claude, because its not just two games like Ty says. Its been 12 years and its one excuse or another.

Mr Smith

Even during our darkest hour (under Moyes), Arsenal was the only top club that couldn't win against Utd. That says a lot about their Manager. He is done.

I can sympathise with the fans calling out for Wenger like DT and Claude, because its not just two games like Ty says. Its been 12 years and its one excuse or another.
This can't be emphasised enough. In a season when the top teams were absolutely pummelling us, we took 4 points against Arsenal.

To be fair, it's actually closer to 6 years, because there was a bedding in period after they got the new stadium where they suffered, and rivals bought all of their best players. But the point still stands. Wenger is a man dramatically out of time, and out of touch with the realities of modern football.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Arsene Wenger: "We live in the world where people want glory and the PL trophy.There is only one PL trophy and about 10000 teams in whole England.We played against a great Liverpool side and against the champions of England. People forget that and I am not guilty about that."

What's interesting is that whenever Wenger is under pressure, he'll distort the views and desires which us fans espouse into something extreme so as to make us look unrealistic as well as ungrateful. I don't expect to win the CL every season, I don't expect to win the league every season. I don't even want that much. I just want a club who will actively and unceasingly look to solve problems which they are faced with.
I am not enjoying Wengers descent In to petty territory. Framing us fans as if wanting signings means we're are somehow attacking players like holding is manipulative, small minded and In no way rational. I have always seem him as someone I have a deep fondness for and afforded a huge amount of leeway as I'd felt he d earnt it. All that said, I'm feeling a disconnect. It feels like when a relative has dementure and either fails to recognise you, or is no longer coherent. Im worried for the team whilst he's managing it. Not the type of fear you get when standing on a precarious ledge, high up... more the type of fear provoked by a gradually consuming sickness.
The media are twvts for sure. Don't pay attention to their narrative much but if Wenger tries to use them to manipulate and portray the situation and the fans like this, its as infuriating. He should never make decisions based on fan sentiment or under pressure by the media for which I give him credit for but trying to make it look he is being unfairly victimized and also, implying that the fans are treating him poorly after been under zero pressure with complete trust of the majority for years.

This Holding comment while true is unnecessary and I honestly can't think of any of us ever being anything but welcoming towards the boy. Very few want him to go crazy and spend beyond what is necessary. Twisting things with hyper bole to deflect attention away from him and onto everything else including young players, fans is just poor form. He got rattled sure but thats no excuse- which is something he is still world class at manufacturing. Don't throw away the great memories and your legacy down the gutter, Wenger.
And this is when he really starts to lose the fans. I used to love this man as a young child growing up but he's been insulting us fans for a few years now. He thinks we're a bunch of uneducated fools demanding he spend 100M on a player every summer. His Real Madrid comments were some of the most condescending I've ever heard and he hasn't wasted time trying to put us down with Holding and use him as some sort of victory. Such a narcissist. This is the disrespectful side of him that we always see when he's under pressure. He doesn't deserve the respect of the fans — he doesn't afford us the same privilege.
John Travolta: "I think that Wenger is a type of manager who can always finish in top 4 without so much money to spend.When money wasn't so big in football, Wenger won the PL trophy - now the situation is different and he is still in the top 4."

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wenger's comments are condescending.

Last edited:

Minkaro

(Not Arsenal Mania, but fits best here, I think).

Arsenal have been saved.

John Keiler

How many bluds, how many fams? That's what mandem wanna know, ya get me?
I am sure Spike Lee is watching with interest.

I did feel a lot of empathy when he said 'Johnny f***** Evans, are you serious blud?'

Gopher Brown

Arsenal have been saved.
There's only two reasons to use comic sans - 1. When working with dyslexic children; 2. To let everyone know the person who is writing the letter is a moron.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Arsenal have been saved.
Comic sans aside, that letter has a point. Wenger is full of crap when he cited having to pay 600 people as the reason for his reluctance to buy players.

John Keiler

There's only two reasons to use comic sans - 1. When working with dyslexic children; 2. To let everyone know the person who is writing the letter is a moron.

I used to use Comic Sans when training National Traineeships and NVQ's. It is a very 'user friendly' font.

prath92

The guy quit a job because of Wenger's post match nonsense and the most illogical thing people find is the font ?

prath92

I don't think you appreciate how bad comic sans is. I'm honestly triggered when I see it.
I know how bad it is. Clearly the guy isn't sensible as he quit a decent paying job because of some nonsense :p. He isn't going to think of using Times New Roman 12.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I know how bad it is. Clearly the guy isn't sensible as he quit a decent paying job because of some nonsense :p. He isn't going to think of using Times New Roman 12.
Is it confirmed as real? I thought it was fake, considering its written in comic sans.

Status
Not open for further replies.