Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Absolutely ridiculous performance. Hopefully the new manager fecks him off. Frustrating the goodwill he enjoys amongst the United fans.

kps88

Doesn't have the passing range or positional ability to play in a two man midfield. Isn't creative enough to be a number ten either. Only looked half decent being played in a three man midfield with license to run around. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he'll go down as a poor signing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What on Earth happened to him?
Lacking confidence, in a team that's lacking confidence, playing a style of football that doesn't suit him, in a formation that doesn't suit him. Also, was overrated here anyway.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Didn't get any better when he went off. Morgan is as bad. So there is a real problem with this team. It's like they are desperately trying to get the manager the boot.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Didn't get any better when he went off. Morgan is as bad. So there is a real problem with this team. It's like they are desperately trying to get the manager the boot.
True. I'm actually not sure we should read too much into any of the players' performances at this point given the team has obviously collapsed.

DomesticTadpole

He's been playing poorly for a while.
He has, but they all have. As I said there are big problems at United and letting this manager finish the season is going to make it worse. The players have lost heart. If Giggs is too above himself to do until the end of the season, let Warren Joyce do it.

acnumber9

Even at his best he was a Cleverly with goals. He'd be a decent squad player if we had a better midfield. As it is he's the only player we have in that position with an ounce of attacking ability.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Worst game in a United shirt imo.

Devil may care

He's not suited to the double pivot but that doesn't excuse the rank amateur carelessness over and over tonight, shocking stuff.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This thread is quite funny when you have a look at the "Herrera is the most complete midfielder in the league" thread.

the hea

His performance today was one of the worst midfield performances I have ever seen from a United player, I'd have Fellaini starting over him any day of the week at least with him you get some grit and physical presence.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This thread is quite funny when you have a look at the "Herrera is the most complete midfielder in the league" thread.
Still think he's very complete in the sense that he's an all rounder with no real deficiencies in any one area. He just isn't all that good.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Has made less of a contribution than Fellaini this season.

At the end of the day he is at best an average quality footballer and currently not even reaching those levels.

DomesticTadpole

Shut up & sit down & don't even think about starting a discussion about him in a 2 man midfield ever again.
He plays in a 3 man midfield. Although even if Morgan had played as well it would still have been awful as he is bad atm as well. Weren't there 3 of them at Bilbao who hunted as a pack?

bucky

Worst midfield performance of the season and that's saying something. He's pissing me off.

sugar_kane

Can't believe what I'm seeing with this lad - truly awful this season.

He has a really annoying habit of playing backwards when under zero pressure, almost to the point where it looks like he's just taking the piss out of the philosophy.

Annoyingly, I can see him going elsewhere and smashing it, but at the moment Fellaini deserves his spot in the team more.

Sylar

I honestly believe LVG has drained his confidence and self belief from him.

He was poor but hes not one that can control a midfield and I think hes suited better to a MF3.

DomesticTadpole

I honestly believe LVG has drained his confidence and self belief from him.

He was poor but hes not one that can control a midfield and I think hes suited better to a MF3.
He is better in a midfield 3, but Morgan was awful the other day. Our options for all positions are short.

Sylar

He is better in a midfield 3, but Morgan was awful the other day. Our options for all positions are short.
I actually think Herrera/Morgan wouldnt be too bad a partnership to try out (better than Carrick + 1 of them).

DomesticTadpole

I actually think Herrera/Morgan wouldnt be too bad a partnership to try out (better than Carrick + 1 of them).
I don't think anything will work atm as their confidence is shot to pieces. They need a lift as much as the fans and it isn't going to come from this manager.

Sylar

I don't think anything will work atm as their confidence is shot to pieces. They need a lift as much as the fans and it isn't going to come from this manager.
Oh yeah, I defo agree, I think ive mentioned it in a few threads, we wont see the best of some of these players with the current manager as they look scared / shot of confidence / confused.

Such a shame :(

khoazany

One of the top 10 CMs in the world apparently, according to a thread here not long ago...

I don't even care whether they're trying to play the manager out of the job, that performance is just disrespectful to the fans.

DomesticTadpole

One of the top 10 CMs in the world apparently, according to a thread here not long ago...

I don't even care whether they're trying to play the manager out of the job, that performance is just disrespectful to the fans.
Of course it is, but we don't know if they are or they just have no confidence. Players are quick to realise if someone doesn't know what they are doing, so maybe unconsciously they have stopped listening to him. A bit like us.
p.s. subconsciously is what I meant, unconconsciously is how they are playing.

Shurou

When was his last last start (never mind start) again? There is no way he could possibly find any consistency when he is being used so erratically, more so than most of our players.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
When was his last last start (never mind start) again? There is no way he could possibly find any consistency when he is being used so erratically, more so than most of our players.
He had a string of 6(?) starts in a row around the end of December, start of January and was absolute dogshite.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Obviously he's much, much better than that, and I'm still a big fan. Admittedly, I can't see him being anything more than a squad player unless we play a 4-3-3. He's just OK as a #10 and he's not even that as one of a double pivot. We've pretty much all known this for quite a while, just one of many LVG-related frustrations.

Roboc7

He was awful, all three midfielders were least night. I can see him being sold in the summer, it's crazy we spent £100m on him, mata and fellaini and none of them are good enough.

Varun

Staff
I hope we sack the manager and give the new guy time to judge these players. I believe Herrera's best will come in a 2 Man midfield with a holding player alongside him am Herrera in a b2b all action role.

Status
Not open for further replies.