Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Bellic

Prick
So what's the general consensus on here regarding his future? Is he going to push for a move this summer? Surely we hold the cards seen as he still has 4 years on his contract. Personally would love him to settle in with the other new signings and rediscover his form. However, can't seethe point of having a player who doesn't want to be here!
We all want him to stay, but there's still a chance that PSG might try to steal him this summer, that decision is down to the player...but i dont think he'll push for a move after one season.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good to hear he wants to stay next season and prove himself. I would be gutted if he was sold in the summer.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
We could probably recoup £40 million but another poor season next year and we'd be lucky to get £20 mil. He should be our star player.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We should keep him. Next season he could be superb.

Him and Bale either wing would be amazing.

DevilRed

He will be here next season and hopefully have settled in a bit more.

Fellaini and Young have been performing admirably but to win a title we need players of his quality to start week in and week out.

JoaquinJoaquin

Disappointed he didn't get a game today. Was refreshing to hear the quotes last night. At least the Caf psychologists can leave it for a while.

Irrational.

He was primed for the second half. I literally can't think of a better team and a better situation for him to come on against.

What a shame we went for Blackett and RVP.

JackXX

Shame he didn't play today really I want to see him start/play in the last game. He hasn't been the same since the robbery incident but I think we have to remember he is genuinely one of the best players in the world. If he's happy to stay in England I want to see him back in the side in the sort of form he was in at the beginning of the season. He hasn't been that bad he just wasn't himself for a while and form of other players means he has struggled to get minutes.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
FAO of the "flop" and "sell him" brigade...

Best "big chance" creator: Angel Di Maria

We've calculated this by looking at the highest proportion of key passes that Opta defines as a "big chance" from players to make 50 or more. It still baffles many that Louis van Gaal can find no place in his current plans for Di Maria, who has registered 10 assists despite starting just 19 league games. His end product has remained of an outstanding standard, with 25.5 percent of the 52 chances he has created deemed as clear-cut.
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/tactic...ria-ospina-are-leaders-in-some-key-prem-stats

stepic

i'd be very disappointed if he was to leave. i think he'll be great 2nd season. giving him back his starting spot next season will not only be smart for the team but also help his confidence.

Irrational.

Put it this way: players generally tend to become worse in their second season. ADM can only get better. He's not going to have another season like the current one. Even in his supposedly worst season he managed to get near the top of the assist charts.

RetroStu

I'd like to see him stay for another year and see if he could get back that early form he showed for us but i don't think its going to happen. His heart isn't in it, whether thats because of what he went through with the burglary or whatever. I don't think he wants to be here regardless of what he says to the media.

Kounan

Put it this way: players generally tend to become worse in their second season. ADM can only get better. He's not going to have another season like the current one. Even in his supposedly worst season he managed to get near the top of the assist charts.
True, but some of the assists had more to do with the goalscorers (against Everton it was a bad shot which Falcao deflected, again Liverpool it was a bad pass, in the back of Mata, but Mata reacted brilliantly, and the same can be said for Rooney's goal against Villa).

The assist against Burnley was good and the whole game he was really good, but there you can see the difference between an assist and an "assist".

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
True, but some of the assists had more to do with the goalscorers (against Everton it was a bad shot which Falcao deflected, again Liverpool it was a bad pass, in the back of Mata, but Mata reacted brilliantly, and the same can be said for Rooney's goal against Villa).

The assist against Burnley was good and the whole game he was really good, but there you can see the difference between an assist and an "assist".
And what about the countless chances our forwards have missed that he has put on a plate for them? Hes had a poor season, but in terms of creating chances he has been very effective.

Kounan

And what about the countless chances our forwards have missed that he has put on a plate for them? Hes had a poor season, but in terms of creating chances he has been very effective.
How many actually? The beginning of season was good and some games later, but the rest was really bad and he still got some good numbers there (Liverpool and Villa he was awful and still managed 2 assist).

And the number for creating chances never makes any sense to me, as it looks like every cross in the box i a chance created.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Play him in a proper midfield next season and he will be brilliant again. We need players like him, especially now where we struggle to create chances or open up other teams. We have 60+ % ball possession but cant do much with it. Hence he's the player who could complete the puzzle

Kounan

Play him in a proper midfield next season and he will be brilliant again. We need players like him, especially now where we struggle to create chances or open up other teams. We have 60+ % ball possession but cant do much with it. Hence he's the player who could complete the puzzle
The problem is we would need to change our style and LVG doesn't want it. Herrera was to adventurous for LVG, so you can imagine what he thinks of di Maria (as a winger it would probably be different, but we have to admit that he was really bad as a winger).

Cassidy

How many actually? The beginning of season was good and some games later, but the rest was really bad and he still got some good numbers there (Liverpool and Villa he was awful and still managed 2 assist).

And the number for creating chances never makes any sense to me, as it looks like every cross in the box i a chance created.
I'm more talking about from the games I watch tbh, not stats. As for the highlighted point, that was what I was saying, although he has had a poor season, there is no reason to deny he has been effective in creating chances.

I don't remember all of the top of my head but even in his first game Burnley away 0-0 he created at least 2 excellent chances one for RVP.
Spurs away (again another 0-0) he put one on a plate for RVP and another for I think Falcao. The Arsenal game where he got sent off, he created a very good chance for I think Fellaini.

The point I was making though was that just as you named a couple of assists that he got (where the pass could have been better), there are also chances that he put on a plate for people that they missed.

End of the day, he as a player has been effective in terms of chance creation. Where he has messed up mainly is his loosing the ball too easily in dangerous areas, and going to ground too easily too.

I don't think its fair to critise him for his ability to create chances, or try and discredit him when hes been one of our best players in that particular respect. In other aspects of his game, fair play he needs to do alot better.

Kounan

I'm more talking about from the games I watch tbh, not stats. As for the highlighted point, that was what I was saying, although he has had a poor season, there is no reason to deny he has been effective in creating chances.

I don't remember all of the top of my head but even in his first game Burnley away 0-0 he created at least 2 excellent chances one for RVP.
Spurs away (again another 0-0) he put one on a plate for RVP and another for I think Falcao. The Arsenal game where he got sent off, he created a very good chance for I think Fellaini.

The point I was making though was that just as you named a couple of assists that he got (where the pass could have been better), there are also chances that he put on a plate for people that they missed.

End of the day, he as a player has been effective in terms of chance creation. Where he has messed up mainly is his loosing the ball too easily in dangerous areas, and going to ground too easily too.

I don't think its fair to critise him for his ability to create chances, or try and discredit him when hes been one of our best players in that particular respect. In other aspects of his game, fair play he needs to do alot better.
I do understand what you mean and I agree about the first part, I like how he played (some really good games, some not that good, but dangerous), but the last part of the season was bad and the assist which he got didn't come because of some great pass, so you can say OK, he was bad, but got that moment in him. He didn't have even that (and that's what worries me), he was really, really bad, almost to hard to understand as someone may like him, or not, but he is better than that.

I do not try to discredit his ability to create chances, but again, he did send most of the balls inside the box, every time he thought it could be something done he crossed the ball, which other players didn't do as they were not allowed to do it (so again, not that he really worked hard for all these chances).

Again, he won us the game against Burnley, the run before the goal against QPR was brilliant, even the counter against Arsenal was great when he missed, same of the goals he scored were really good, and these are the things I would like to see, as he can do it, but I am worried that it will not be possible to use him to his best with LVG, as he is not a huge fan of players like that, unless he improves a lot on the wingers position.

Nem 7

Has been a poor-mans Nani this season. Would keep him for one more year to see if he grows some bollocks. If not get rid.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Predict he will have a very good year next year - not a £60m player type year, but definitely a £35m player, which is what he is really worth, type year.

Baxter

Has been a poor-mans Nani this season. Would keep him for one more year to see if he grows some bollocks. If not get rid.
This kind of post makes no sense. Last season he was the definition of big game player at Madrid. This season he started off brilliantly, got injured and then had issues in his personal life. He's come back in and never really been given a real run of games and this will never help a player's confidence. I hope he has a good tournament with Argentina and comes back with some form.

Cassidy

This kind of post makes no sense. Last season he was the definition of big game player at Madrid. This season he started off brilliantly, got injured and then had issues in his personal life. He's come back in and never really been given a real run of games and this will never help a player's confidence. I hope he has a good tournament with Argentina and comes back with some form.
Ermmm yeah, sound like Nani then :devil:

Bwuk

No team in the world would treat Di Maria the way we have this season.

Completely messed around our most talented outfield player.

Status
Not open for further replies.