5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

He did fine, but we do have to remember that four of City's best players were subbed off before then. They also had the game won and didn't play with the same intensity.

Just putting this here before people get too excited.
Fair, but still, do you reckon we would have a prayer of scoring anything had he not come on?

Elevates our attack markedly since ETH walked through the doors

Idxomer

He should definitely not play on Thursday for more than 30 minutes.

Chief123

One of the few positives today. He makes such a difference to our attack. His presence and ability to actually control the ball is so valuable.

Worldie of a penalty too!

Dominos

I don't even care about his goals(though good for his confidence), it's the fact that when the ball is passed to him with someone on his back, it's not an automatic loss of possession.

Came in and easily played with someone tight on his back, managed to pass the ball through pressure on his back and wasn't wasting possession. A striker that can actually play football is always refreshing to see.
:lol: It's so true.

It's a sad state of affairs that I don't trust any of our attackers or midfielders to actually keep the ball in a semi-difficult scenario. If they're under pressure they'll lose the ball. Martial is a rare exception.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He really is the perfect kind of striker for the kind of football we want to be playing, and his hold up play is on a different planet to anybody else we can put up there.

It's just a shame the odds of him continuing to be fit and continuing to be arsed are astronomical.

Idxomer

?

He needs match fitness. Should play 60 minutes on Thursday and start the next league game.
It's more important to keep him fit for the league and I would be wary of another injury too soon after coming back.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Good cameo today. Hopefully he is 100% fit soon.

During the match today, commentators were talking about how Haaland bought a CRYO RECOVERY chamber to have at home, and how the physio of the club, is now the physio of Norway as well, so Haaland can be monitored and taken cared off to prevent him from missing games like it was common at Borussia Dortmund.

I feel we need to invest and take health and longevity training to the next level. Our players are usually out of shape.

Lyng

Our attack was so much better after he came on. We desperately need him to stay fit. That penalty was cold as ice

UnitedRepublic

Sad we lost but happy that he’s back. Loved the confidence saying that he would take the pen aswell Bruno probably thought it was his pen to take.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Sad we lost but happy that he’s back. Loved the confidence saying that he would take the pen aswell Bruno probably thought it was his pen to take.
Martial should go back to taking his own penalties. I remember the season when Bruno scored loads if penalties, most of them were won by Martial.

He should take his own penalties, pad his stats and build his confidence. He's looked well under Ten Hag and hopefully it stays that way.

The Purley King

During the match today, commentators were talking about how Haaland bought a CRYO RECOVERY chamber to have at home, and how the physio of the club, is now the physio of Norway as well, so Haaland can be monitored and taken cared off to prevent him from missing games like it was common at Borussia Dortmund.

I feel we need to invest and take health and longevity training to the next level. Our players are usually out of shape.
I do wonder sometimes about how much our players REALLY take care of themselves off the pitch.
Ronaldo aside (and he is attempting some sort of “death becomes her” career) the others often don’t look great. We know about shaw but sancho doesn’t look fit enough either.
The days of Rooney getting shitfaced every weekend should be gone.
How much is a cryo chamber? £100k? That is half a weeks wages for some of our players.

AdNani

How did he/we play when he came on? did he improve the general play?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How did he/we play when he came on? did he improve the general play?
He definitely improved it, but it's also a lot to do with City completely taking their foot off the pedal. It's no doubt though that he's the best option up front for what ETH does as others mentioned. No one is able to hold up the ball or link up play quite as well as him, he will help get the best out of Antony and hopefully Sancho who are of a similar profile technically to him than a guy like Rashford.

AdNani

He definitely improved it, but it's also a lot to do with City completely taking their foot off the pedal. It's no doubt though that he's the best option up front for what ETH does as others mentioned. No one is able to hold up the ball or link up play quite as well as him, he will help get the best out of Antony and hopefully Sancho who are of a similar profile technically to him than a guy like Rashford.
Good to hear. He'll definitely improve the wide players, I didn't see the game today thankfully, but Despite Rashford scoring and assisting recently, the amount of times he kills attacks is depressing

Don't get me started on Ronaldo.

OverratedOpinion

I just enjoy watching us a lot more with him up front than anyone else in the past few years other than Cavani when he had a purple patch in his first season.

Sylar

We will get 4th if he plays 90% of the games (or starts)
City usually have trouble with him

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's true, he's definitely had very good moments against City. I'd be astounded if the managed to stay fit for 90% of the games.

Dominos

His last 3 games at the Etihad he's really done a number on them.

Shame his performance today was all for nothing.

Similarly Antony's goal could be goal of the season contender in the right context but it will get forgotten about.

Raven

He looked really up for it today, one of the few positives that can be taken from today's game. Please stay fit now.

SAFMUTD

He took the penalty really good, I saw him smiling after scoring the second goal. For all the shit of today's game at least it will give Martial some confidence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Please please please stay fit. He's absolutely vital for the way Ten Hag wants to play for us, as he's the only one in our squad capable of holding the ball up and playing with his back to goal. Combine that with him also being really talented and even still having elite potential if it all clicks... Yeah. I think he'll be excellent for Ten Hag if only he just stays fit.

jeepers

I wonder if all footballers have the cryo chamber at home. Saw on a Korean show that Hwang Hee Chan has one in his sneaker room too. You would think that all footballers would own one considering how much they earn, the intensity of the modern game and how many games they play every season.

Bobski

Has to start, he is the only striker we have who can reliably hold the ball up, if Utd are to get value out of Sancho and Antony you need someone they can play off.

TempusFugit

Our most important attacker yet so many people wanted him sold. To replace him we'll need to spend £60m or more. If he stays fit he'll have a great season, he has so much ability but things have never happened for him and it's not always been his fault. Just stay fit please.

Skills

Snitch
Our most important attacker yet so many people wanted him sold. To replace him we'll need to spend £60m or more. If he stays fit he'll have a great season, he has so much ability but things have never happened for him and it's not always been his fault. Just stay fit please.
If there is a player on the market. The hardest thing to find in football at the moment is a midfielder or a striker that can play with their back to goal. It doesn't come natural to many players at all.

Raven

I suspect it could be far more, looking at what the Pool spent on Nunez.

stepic

with Ronaldo done, and Rashford utterly useless as a striker, he is suddently one of the most important players in the team. need him to stay fit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If there is a player on the market. The hardest thing to find in football at the moment is a midfielder or a striker that can play with their back to goal. It doesn't come natural to many players at all.
Martial just makes our attack look so much more complete. Holding the ball up is so key in the modern game.

For this reason I think we should get Ivan Toney next summer. Very similar player to Martial and available.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's a countdown until he gets injured again so can't take any excitement from his return
It’s a countdown before any player gets injured, it’s a very strange take seemingly borne out of some sort of Martial dislike.

Martial is no more injury prone than Rashford to me and nobody moans so much about how Rashford struggles with injury every season.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
It’s a countdown before any player gets injured, it’s a very strange take seemingly borne out of some sort of Martial dislike.

Martial is no more injury prone than Rashford to me and nobody moans so much about how Rashford struggles with injury every season.
So, I don't want to get excited about his return (Which alludes to me rating him as the reason I can't get excited I cited as an impending injury) means I dislike Martial? Not sure that even makes sense, clearly I rate him as I want him to stay fit as I think he's a huge asset so not sure what sort of mental gymnastics went on there. It's a countdown before any player gets injured? Agreed but if one has shown a tendency to get injured more then common sense suggests they are again more likely, he cannot stay fit for a prolonged period over the past few years, the data is there and I wish he could as I do rate him.

Taken from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ it states that since 18/19, Rashford has missed 28 games while Martial has missed 58 games which is over twice as many hence there probably is a reason people bemoan Martials injuries more than Rashford for what it's worth.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So, I don't want to get excited about his return (Which alludes to me rating him as the reason I can't get excited I cited as an impending injury) means I dislike Martial? Not sure that even makes sense, clearly I rate him as I want him to stay fit as I think he's a huge asset so not sure what sort of mental gymnastics went on there. It's a countdown before any player gets injured? Agreed but if one has shown a tendency to get injured more then common sense suggests they are again more likely, he cannot stay fit for a prolonged period over the past few years, the data is there and I wish he could as I do rate him.

Taken from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ it states that since 18/19, Rashford has missed 28 games while Martial has missed 58 games which is over twice as many hence there probably is a reason people bemoan Martials injuries more than Rashford for what it's worth.
Well Martial did do his cruciate so you miss a few games for that.

And dislike/or negative towards - not massively dissimilar on here concerning Martial. Perhaps not yourself, but many seem to have a distrust for him based on his injuries, but in his 7 year spell here, I wouldn’t say he’s a player who can’t be trusted to stay fit. He had a bad injury last year on international duty, other than that they are the odd small ones from my recollection that many forwards get.

Skills

Snitch
Martial just makes our attack look so much more complete. Holding the ball up is so key in the modern game.

For this reason I think we should get Ivan Toney next summer. Very similar player to Martial and available.
I don't think they're similar at all. This is what Martial at his best provides to a team (stats from 20/21 as he hasn't played much football since - and that was a poor season).
This is Toney in the same category:

Martial is much, much better on the ball and he's far more creative. I don't think Toney would ever be able to create that goal for Rashford against Liverpool for instance.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't think they're similar at all. This is what Martial at his best provides to a team (stats from 20/21 as he hasn't played much football since - and that was a poor season).
This is Toney in the same category:

Martial is much, much better on the ball and he's far more creative. I don't think Toney would ever be able to create that goal for Rashford against Liverpool for instance.
I love that nutmegs is a statistic they feel worth tracking :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.