5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedRepublic

People are downplaying him because he’s been injury prone. He deserves the praise when he’s playing good and deserves the critisism when he’s playing badly, but when people can’t give him praise when he plays well and just talk about his injuries there is a clear agenda against the guy.

A lot of you on here Will be dissapointed when he’s still here after the summer.

Skills

Snitch
Honestly I don’t think Weghorst has really been that bad of an addition, he does a job but the difference when Martial came on was crazy. You just see the difference in his ability to get a hold of the ball and move with it poses compared to what Weg does. Massively improved everyone around and the team just looked more fluid.
Honestly it's because Martial can take a ball on the turn. You pass the ball into him, and instantly he can face the opposition goal. It's the rarest skillset in football at the moment - in midfield or up front.

There's plenty of brutes who can play with their back to goal and lay the ball off but very, very few players who can turn with the ball at their feet and the man pressing behind them.

SAF is the GOAT

I immediately cursed out after the goal he scored

Shouted at the "don't you DARE slide on your knees you prat! you'll get bloody injured!"

UnitedRepublic

People on here must be crazy thinking he’ll leave in the summer Ten Hag rates him too much to just let him go because of him being injured. Ten Hag isn’t thinking about what the player is making he’s thinking about what he sees on the pitch and what he can get from the player.

If he stays injury free until the end of the season I can see us bringing in a young striker with potential to compete with him. If not we’ll probably go with an established striker or a flavour of the season striker. He won’t leave the club.

RuudTom83

How can you get him fit, but not get him injured?

Needs minutes to get fit, but the more minutes he has the more likely he’ll get injured.

The Martial problem is a hard one to solve.

Regardless I’m a fan, always will be.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
People on here must be crazy thinking he’ll leave in the summer Ten Hag rates him too much to just let him go because of him being injured. Ten Hag isn’t thinking about what the player is making he’s thinking about what he sees on the pitch and what he can get from the player.

If he stays injury free until the end of the season I can see us bringing in a young striker with potential to compete with him. If not we’ll probably go with an established striker or a flavour of the season striker. He won’t leave the club.
His track record says he won't be injury free though

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People are downplaying him because he’s been injury prone. He deserves the praise when he’s playing good and deserves the critisism when he’s playing badly, but when people can’t give him praise when he plays well and just talk about his injuries there is a clear agenda against the guy.

A lot of you on here Will be dissapointed when he’s still here after the summer.
I think people are talking about injuries is very fair assessment because 250k p/w wages is a lot of waste if the player can't stay fit. With that wages, he should be the main striker and we shouldn't be discussing about buying Kane or Osimhen or any new expensive strikers.

Some people might make an argument it's not our money but it's the Glazers are paying the salary, but because of these wastes we are now being limited by the new rule of FFP. 250k p/w is equivalent to 13m per year meaning that money alone can be an additional of 65m transfer fees (13m per year in 5 years instalment).

Shimo

That was probably just 50% Martial
Maybe this summer ETH puts him on a plan like he did with Varane in pre-season. It seems to have worked well for him with the only real injury being the unfortunate over stretch against City away.

lex talionis

Solid shift, but there’s a long runway ahead of him to get back to where he needs to be. Let us pray he grabs the opportunity with both hands.

meamth

Ten Hag needs to reduce his training workload like Eden Hazard at Chelsea..I guess? Then maybe he can stay fit.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The demand on him should be less now Weghorst is here. Remains to be seen if ETH is willing to rotate them, but you'd assume so as it's a player he himself has brought in. If Martial can build up slowly with 1 game a week hopefully he can stay fit.

croadyman

I wouldn't be disappointed if he can prove fitness

croadyman

Maybe this summer ETH puts him on a plan like he did with Varane in pre-season. It seems to have worked well for him with the only real injury being the unfortunate over stretch against City away.
Chelsea away too

CallyRed

Looking forward to seeing him for the next four games, then again in late March.

Jeffthered

His track record says he won't be injury free though
His very, very, extensive track record over EIGHT years at the club, tells me that this guy isn't good enough to lead the line at a top European club. That is a fact.

I have absolutely no idea what some fans see or expect from Martial. Deschamps had a look and is not interested. No other top would be interested. It is clear that we are considering a replacement.

Experience has proven that this guy has neither the ability, consistency, or mental application to lead Manchester United's forward line.

Look at his goal last night, and the pass to Rashford... he almost made a mess of that.

Stop wishing him to be a player that he is not. Watch CR7. Watch Ibra. Watch Lewandowski. Watch Benzema. Watch Kane. Watch Haaland. Watch Rashford on current form.

Martial isn't close to any of these centre-forward's , not even close.

Yet some want him to be our first choice. Why? Because of what? He doesn't score many, doesn't play often, and doesn't provide many assists. Is he a good passer? Can he play between the lines? A clever, intelligent player like Bruno, Ericksen.. Casimero, Martinez..?? Is he a powerhouse? A fighter, an inspiration for his team mates? Is he reliable?

He may get a little better now his fit, probably score two, maybe three v attractive goals, but he needs an absolute transformation before he can even be considered a leading forward.

If we want Manchester United to compete and win big trophies, experience has shown that it isn't going to be with Anthony Martial leading the line, week in, week out.

He represents all that went wrong post SAF to me.

kthanksbye

Don't doubt his skillset, doubt the application and his injury record. Him finding some form and staying fit is really important for us this season, but we really need a more reliable CF for next season.

Sylar

If it follows pattern then we will have him for a few games then lose him for more.
Hopefully he's fit for the Barca games and the final. Think that will really benefit the team and especially rashford

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Goal | Goal | Annoymous | Shit Game | Injured

1 out 5 down!

Jokes aside, he was fine when he came on, looked a bit rusty at times (like on that pass for the goal) but that's fair enough

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
His very, very, extensive track record over EIGHT years at the club, tells me that this guy isn't good enough to lead the line at a top European club. That is a fact.

I have absolutely no idea what some fans see or expect from Martial. Deschamps had a look and is not interested. No other top would be interested. It is clear that we are considering a replacement.

Experience has proven that this guy has neither the ability, consistency, or mental application to lead Manchester United's forward line.

Look at his goal last night, and the pass to Rashford... he almost made a mess of that.

Stop wishing him to be a player that he is not. Watch CR7. Watch Ibra. Watch Lewandowski. Watch Benzema. Watch Kane. Watch Haaland. Watch Rashford on current form.

Yet some want him to be our first choice. Why? Because of what? He doesn't score many, doesn't play often, and doesn't provide many assists. Is he a good passer? Can he play between the lines? A clever, intelligent player like Bruno, Ericksen.. Casimero, Martinez..?? Is he a powerhouse? A fighter, an inspiration for his team mates? Is he reliable?

He may get a little better now his fit, probably score two, maybe three v attractive goals, but he needs an absolute transformation before he can even be considered a leading forward.

If we want Manchester United to compete and win big trophies, experience has shown that it isn't going to be with Anthony Martial leading the line, week in, week out.

Not me you need to convince :)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If only he could stay fit, i believe he could be up there as United legend.

But he'd probably move to Madrid at some point, like ALL of our good players did.

Tee27

If only he could stay fit, i believe he could be up there as United legend.

But he'd probably move to Madrid at some point, like ALL of our good players did.
Has there really been that many players that we wanted to really keep who have gone to madrid?

Can only recall ronaldo going to madrid despite us wanting to keep him. Van Nistelrooy went due to falling out with the manager and the same for Beckham.

Unless it was said in jest then my bad.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Has there really been that many players that we wanted to really keep who have gone to madrid?

Can only recall ronaldo going to madrid despite us wanting to keep him. Van Nistelrooy went due to falling out with the manager and the same for Beckham.

Unless it was said in jest then my bad.
I'd think that capitalized "ALL" kinda explain it. ;)

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I really don't see it with him. Yesterday a better striker could've scored 2-3 goals with the balls that were going into the box but he's just so, so static.

And then ironically the goal he scored came as a result of his own poorly executed pass when he had two options to choose from!

I want him to be good but he's let us down so, so many times before and the player I've seen for the past 3 years doesn't cut it for me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

That's wrong about Deschamps. Whenever Martial was fit and in good form, he has always been called up. Deschamps is a fan of him

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I like him. He offers a lot when he's fit. It's just has he entered that late Pogba stage fitness level where he's going to be injured constantly. Feels like he missed a huge opportunity in 20/21 to build on what he'd done the previous year and become the first choice #9. He had the ability to do it and it all fell apart for whatever reason.

Nori-

It's the hope that kills you with Martial.

He's just scored, he's fit again, we all get excited then he'll either fire blanks for a while or get injured. Its been 7 years of this.

Just put us all out of our misery and sell in the summer. We need someone we can rely on every week, every season.

BlueHaze

It's the hope that kills you with Martial.

He's just scored, he's fit again, we all get excited then he'll either fire blanks for a while or get injured. Its been 7 years of this.

Just put us all out of our misery and sell in the summer. We need someone we can rely on every week, every season.
I would be surprised if Erik decide to keep him but then again, who would sign him on those wages??

Blood Mage

It's a shame his pace is gone, he was lightning quick once. He's still our most technical attacking player though and his superb link up play really helps us attack with more fluidity.

Andersons Dietician

I would be surprised if Erik decide to keep him but then again, who would sign him on those wages??
Hasn’t this wage myth been debunked ages ago? Wasn’t it shown he only makes 250K by achieving certain criteria and it’s more like 150k he gets.

Erik does seem to like him and you would assume he would keep him as a bench option in rotation with someone if he can find someone better or “more available”

Most news outlets and sources post wages at their maximum potential but often It’s nowhere near the actual amount paid out.

Him and Antony are our 2 attacking players who don't go straight for goal at the earliest opportunity and who are able to slow down the game and bring others into play. If we want to stop being reliant on counterattacks it's really important that we have players who can do this.

For the structure of our team, he's still really important (obvious injury issues permitting). There is as of yet no sign that weghorst can do anywhere near the job he does, and it's arrogant and unfairly dismissive to assume that it would be easy to find a striker who could do what he does for our other attacking players while also contributing more goals. Not sure which players are available who could do that.

Again, assuming that his injury record improves - but I don't see why anyone's determined to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.