View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
*slow handclap* Our global network of "fans" doing us proud, once again.
For what it's worth I might be his harshest critic but in no way whatsoever would I condone that. Similarly if I'm at Old Trafford and he was playing he'd have my full support.

I think it's a totally seperate thing though, criticising him on a forum like this, as the nature of a forum is debate and discussion from both sides of opinion.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
He received threats after his game for Equador. If its been United fans, he'd have closes down his twitter at least am year ago.

FromTheBench

He received threats after his game for Equador. If its been United fans, he'd have closes down his twitter at least am year ago.
Apparently he got a lot of shit of Ecuadorian pll (fans?) for his performances for the National team.
Valencia opts for an international break

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...valencia-misses-ecuador-win-over-bolivia.aspx

:confused::confused:

If he's received abuse then it's for not playing recently or thinking of retiring i imagine ?

United fans won't have helped either. Might be a cumulation of United fans making it tough only too.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
For what it's worth I might be his harshest critic but in no way whatsoever would I condone that. Similarly if I'm at Old Trafford and he was playing he'd have my full support.

I think it's a totally seperate thing though, criticising him on a forum like this, as the nature of a forum is debate and discussion from both sides of opinion.
The difference between bad-mouthing a footballer in a forum and bad-mouthing him on twitter is the difference between slagging someone off when they're not around versus screaming abuse in their face.

Both scenarios are a little mean-spirited but life would be very dull if we never spoke ill of someone we never met. However it's a cnut's trick to seek someone out and abuse them in person.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The difference between bad-mouthing a footballer in a forum and bad-mouthing him on twitter is the difference between slagging someone off when they're not around versus screaming abuse in their face.

Both scenarios are a little mean-spirited but life would be very dull if we never spoke ill of someone we never met. However it's a cnut's trick to seek someone out and abuse them in person.
So now you're accusing me of bitching behind his back? Tucking hell man, I can't win!

:tongue:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Even funnier are responses like yours - there are about 5-8 burnley players between him and anyone but Blackett. His only options are
@Pogue Mahone @Pexbo

That entire scenario, IMO, is a good summary of where the team finds itself at the moment. Those gifs make it look foolish on Valencia's part, but it doesn't summarise the entire context.

Slow, lack of urgency and movement just about sums up the entire team over the past 12-18 months.

Valencia is partly responsible for that ridiculous back pass - but look at the movement of the Burnley players (the urgency to get out and press the ball) versus that of the United players. FFS, Anderson even goes and plays hide and seek.

The only player I can actually see actively trying to give Valencia an option is Mata (that is Mata, bottom right corner of the gif, right?). But he moves a little too late when Valencia has already turned his back for the back pass.

Agree with what @amolbhatia100 says as well. For a top team, our players don't half coward out of taking risks or making the difficult decisions. maybe it's a culmination of confidence etc?

Let's just hope LvG and the new players bedding in can sort it out.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
Valencia opts for an international break

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...valencia-misses-ecuador-win-over-bolivia.aspx

:confused::confused:

If he's received abuse then it's for not playing recently or thinking of retiring i imagine ?

United fans won't have helped either. Might be a cumulation of United fans making it tough only too.

What happened was Renato Ibarra (Vitesse) had a great game against Bolivia on the right wing for Ecuador and a lot of fans posted on Valencia's Twitter saying he should be replaced. The World Cup was a huge disappointment for Ecuador and Valencia received a lot of criticism in the Ecuadorian press especially for the needless red card against France.

As an Ecuador fan I can tell you everyone is surprised Valencia is still starting for Utd. He's been poor for the NT over the last year as well.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Who is cover at right wing back? Is Saidy Janko going to get games in the first team? Rafael, Valencia, Janko?

Godfather

What happened was Renato Ibarra (Vitesse) had a great game against Bolivia on the right wing for Ecuador and a lot of fans posted on Valencia's Twitter saying he should be replaced. The World Cup was a huge disappointment for Ecuador and Valencia received a lot of criticism in the Ecuadorian press especially for the needless red card against France.

As an Ecuador fan I can tell you everyone is surprised Valencia is still starting for Utd. He's been poor for the NT over the last year as well.
He ist be a beast in training sessions. It's the only way I can explain it. That and the obvious lack in competition for his position

Djemba-Djemba

I'd hope it's his last season at the club. He was a very good player for us from 2010-2012 but the last couple of years he's been horrendous and I'm not really sure why.

Robbie Boy

Why exactly did he get a new contract? I just don't see the logic unless it was expiring at the end of the season. He's been horribly bad for a significant period of time now. I remember the days when he was an absolute beast, but they seem a very distant memory nowadays.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why exactly did he get a new contract? I just don't see the logic unless it was expiring at the end of the season. He's been horribly bad for a significant period of time now. I remember the days when he was an absolute beast, but they seem a very distant memory nowadays.
His contract wasnt running down. Even if it was, I would rather lose him for nothing (not like we would have got much for him anyway) than to see him play another game in a United shirt.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully he won't need to learn and he gets fecked off next summer.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I agree that some should put more of an effort in to learn the language of whatever country they are in. But seriously, would we have used this as a stick to beat him with a few years ago. Now we are just clinging to anything. I know it would take me 20+ years to get a sentence out in a foreign language.

ottosec

Surely after 8 years you can catch some basic English at least just by listening to others speak it around you and watching TV an shit. He seems a bit thick, tbh.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
But some people just cant take up other languages, i do agree though.
After 8 years ? I'd understand if we're talking about Chinese, Russian or Ethiopian (languages with a completely different writing and all). English is one of the easiest languages to learn tbh, it's so practical.

Eric'sCollar

After 8 years ? I'd understand if we're talking about Chinese, Russian or Ethiopian (languages with a completely different writing and all). English is one of the easiest languages to learn tbh, it's so practical.
To us it is.

Eric'sCollar

I'm from Djibouti and I hold a french passport, it took me 3-4 years in a non english environment to speak at an ok level.
Here have an internet sticker.

Nah, good on you but I still don't see it as a reason to throw shit at Valencia, him hitting the shins of a defender has nothing do with him holding a conversation with the tea lady.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
"Oh so you mean don't hit the defenders legs and do try to actually get past him and do use my left foot and don't foul people so fecking often."

Mali_Zeus

After 8 years he really should be fluent in english. And english is not so hard to learn as opposed to some other languages (my sad story with German language :) ).

DDG isn't particulary good in english too.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Crossing lessons might be more beneficial if he wants to save his United career

ottosec

After 8 years he really should be fluent in english. And english is not so hard to learn as opposed to some other languages (my sad story with German language :) ).

DDG isn't particulary good in english too.
There was a interview with him on MUTV a couple of weeks back, his English is pretty good.

Tibs

I do not believe that him becoming fluent in English will make him any less shit

orangeboom999

Hiding under a rock until the next game...
I am really surprised this hasn't been done before tbh and I think LVG is bang on doing this. How can they expect to carry out instructions at vital minutes if they're not all speaking the same lingo? I can't believe Tony has been in the UK 8 years and can't speak English!

Stadjer

Maybe he just isnt 'smart' enough to learn a foreign language.. the way he plays (run in a straight line -> try to cross the ball -> smack the cross against the defender) doesnt show much intelligence.

But seriously... 8 years and still not an acceptable level of English? He sure must have some social interaction with English speaking people or watch some English tv?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I hope Weaste doesn't end up as his tutor, he could fall in love with him.

Shark

@NotShark
Surely after 8 years you can catch some basic English at least just by listening to others speak it around you and watching TV an shit. He seems a bit thick, tbh.
Or maybe he's just not social? He doesn't look the friendliest. Either way, if Rooney can speak the language, I'm sure anyone can.

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
"Oh so you mean don't hit the defenders legs and do try to actually get past him and do use my left foot and don't foul people so fecking often."
I laughed

He seems like a quiet guy anyway, probably limits his vocabulary in a 2nd language even more. I can imagine LVG will be saying "look at me and how many languages I know, you should manage at least one other language".

fallengt

To us it is.
Not sure what are you implying but compare to Japanese, Arabic , etc... English is kindergarten. I wouldn't say its easy to master (for most people) though. But tbh Valencia doesn't look very smart so...

Last edited: