Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

Zaha needs to sort his work rate and attitude first. But young really does need to go. Would be incredible if Kagawa goes and Valencia or young stay. Sadly I can see it happening.
With the way moyes keeps picking young, would be shocked if he was sold. Then again maybe just putting him in the shop window.

I'll be angry if they sell kagawa. Valencia I'm impartial to whether he goes. But we really need to play our younger players like Januzaj and zaha. It just makes us pacier and more of a threat on the Counter.

Leg-End

Back up your 2nd sentence with his pass completion of 30 out of 37.
Alright, perhaps I was being generous by calling him bobbling or miscontrolling the ball into a West Ham players path an actual pass.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With the way moyes keeps picking young, would be shocked if he was sold. Then again maybe just putting him in the shop window.

I'll be angry if they sell kagawa. Valencia I'm impartial to whether he goes. But we really need to play our younger players like Januzaj and zaha. It just makes us pacier and more of a threat on the Counter.
Same. He makes us play better as a team as opposed to young who has good moments at best.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just can't comprehend what David Moyes, let alone any other manager, sees in him.
Well he is a wide player who suits the style of both our former and current manager.

Kag

He's actually quite funny to watch. He never, ever lifts his head. He's dicks around with the ball performing pirouette after pirouette and then looks up. By that time the defender, who has been bamboozled by Ashley's gashness, is back alongside him. A waste of time and effort.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Young should be sold back to Villa in the summer, several chances in the first half to slip Rooney in through the middle, yet he decides to take an extra two or three touches (then the chance is gone) same with Valencia this season.

Skywarden

Completely and utterly shot of confidence. He runs a lot but his final balls is, much like Valencia's, complete hit and miss. I really hope we can find a new club for him in the summer and move on to find a replacement/play Januzaj more. Would be good for everyone involved.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Completely and utterly shot of confidence. He runs a lot but his final balls is, much like Valencia's, complete hit and miss. I really hope we can find a new club for him in the summer and move on to find a replacement/play Januzaj more. Would be good for everyone involved.
You mean completely miss? it would probably be easier playing with 10 men sadly.

Januzaj needs to be bedded in slowly so he doesn't burn out, 10 appearences this season, 15 next, 20 the following etc. You can't throw a youth player in that fast, it doesn't work that way, we need to go shopping for a winger in the summer, and 2-3 midfielders that are world class.

Honestly even Rafael is very questionable at the back too, but Young does need to be moved on as soon as possible.

togg

I just feel that he isn't the future, and that says it all for me really. Not a future first team player, not a future squad player. I fully expect Moyes to sell him in the summer.

Ash_G

I keep switching between him and Valencia in terms of which one annoys me more, but he's overtaken Valencia again. Such a negative player, I just can't understand how two players who's games are based on speed can refuse to run at people as much as they often do. I mean its one thing for kagawa/mata to turn back and bide their time as they might actually play a much better ball if they're patient, with him he needs to take on people as he won't play someone in as they might. Still suppose he helped contribute to the second but really hope with nani fit and kagawa giving a good showing, they're played over him as just think they have more to offer.

grahamo

He's shit. That's all. Having said that I could play as well as that and if I could earn his money instead of slaving away all day i'd be set up for life.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Young's technique leaves so much to be desired. Don't know if it's a lack of confidence or just lack of ability, but he's on a much lower level than our other attackers.

That said, he's a game runner and he played a role in keeping the pitch stretched so Mata and Kagawa had space to play. Won't have a pop at Young, because even though he's hit and miss, he does a decent job for the team. And he put a dangerous ball in for Rooney's second.

Clearly though, we need a serious right wing upgrade in the summer. Young and Valencia aren't up to it long term.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Can't restore his confidence and he's not even 30... For a winger it's a bad omen. Zero consistency through at least 5 matches.

If Moyes will be looking forward to a serious team's upgrade and taking it back to it's good old level, there won't be any further speculation about his future.

He's so off, Januzaj or even Zaha won't have bigger problems with taking his place next season with that kind of 'level' of football.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His all-around game was pretty much terrible, but his final ball is much better than Valencia's who has no final ball. He was gash, but at least he put some dangerous crosses, which we scored our second goal from(it was poor clearance from the defender, but that's what you get when you deliver ball in dangerous areas) and could probably have assist or two directly after his crosses-the one with Fellaini comes to mind). He can be better than this, but overall, we saw much worse performances from him and especially Valencia this season.

AttackingFlair

The second goal he should be looking to pick out Rooney. Our strikers have been feeding off these scraps all season.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He was okay. I don't think he has been too bad at all tbh, think he has a place in our squad but purely as a backup

Ekeke

Why can't he dribble? I think thats the first time I've seen our player picked on the right wing not beat his man once.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Why can't he dribble? I think thats the first time I've seen our player picked on the right wing not beat his man once.
Young can play good football and he's cunning at times but he look more and more in need of a psychologist to change that awful mind set of being hit by a truck at any time. Unblock his mind and he'll be consistent and full of energy to run past defenses.

The only thing that can save his United career is patience from Moyes which may end anytime in the avalanche of pressure to move this team forward.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His all-around game was pretty much terrible, but his final ball is much better than Valencia's who has no final ball. He was gash, but at least he put some dangerous crosses, which we scored our second goal from(it was poor clearance from the defender, but that's what you get when you deliver ball in dangerous areas) and could probably have assist or two directly after his crosses-the one with Fellaini comes to mind). He can be better than this, but overall, we saw much worse performances from him and especially Valencia this season.
If we again must return to Valencia's subject... he's still the tank and a fast one no matter of the current form.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He does the "first" part of dribbling, he creates enough space to get past the player but for whatever reasons he just stands there allowing the defender to adjust himself.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I thought it was good for the away fans to song his song as well.

Honestly thought yesterday was decent from him. Did exactly what he needed to do.

psychdelicblues

Talksports Georgie Bingham has just stated that it was Young's first 'assist' since Dec 2012. Shocking if it's true.

I just can't comprehend what David Moyes, let alone any other manager, sees in him.
Well he is a wide player who suits the style of both our former and current manager.

I get that and I feel unless United are in for a top winger this summer or a change of manager, Young and/or Valencia will remain at the club. They are both players who are content to be part of the squad.

soapythecat

He is a very well paid squad player. Nothing more. I'm sure he would be a very good player, playing for another club, week in, week out, but not for us unfortunately. Shame it's turned out the way it has as I remember been quite giddy when we signed him.

The White Pele

He was bad yesterday, seemed to lose all confidence early on. Having said that, he didn't shy away from the task or hide when we were in possession and he did put one on a plate for Fellaini and had a hand in the second goal. So not all bad.

He does have a decent end-product but his general play is lacking and Rafael was frustrated at times yesterday with Young's inability to link with him.

Plugsy

I genuinely thought he was decent today.
Me too. I think the reaction here is just bizarre and based on a vendetta against the player that people have for some reason. He seemed to have get a decent 'rating' review from one or two of the media outlets that I've seen this morning.

A lot of people are determined to label his performance shit before kick-off. I've seen other players have virtual dogs dinners of a game only to be faced with almost unanimous praise here. Can't put to finer a point on it but a good 40-60% of people will decide who has played well and who hasn't before the game starts and only a performance out of the ordinary will change that.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Me too. I think the reaction here is just bizarre and based on a vendetta against the player that people have for some reason. He seemed to have get a decent 'rating' review from one or two of the media outlets that I've seen this morning.

A lot of people are determined to label his performance shit before kick-off. I've seen other players have virtual dogs dinners of a game only to be faced with almost unanimous praise here. Can't put to finer a point on it but a good 40-60% of people will decide who has played well and who hasn't before the game starts and only a performance out of the ordinary will change that.
Yeah but I find this massively bizarre. I come here yesterday after the match thinking he'd done easily enough to justify playing the next game and people are calling him awful. Yesterday was far from an awful performance in any sense of the word.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He just isn't good enough for United and it looks like he needs to be at another club to regain his best form

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I would keep him as backup tbh. I would get rid of Valencia instead. Young has been better this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.