Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
As long as it's about their performance and not personal abuse it's fair game. Between the clubs, the players, the agents and sky they long ago changed footy from purely sport into business and stopped treating is like fans and more like customers to be milked as much as possible, and as customers we have every right to complain if we feel we aren't getting the quality we feel we deserve. Ashley young has consistently failed to deliver and needs to be made aware of that fact, although in a respectful way as he is still a Human being and comes across as a decent guy
Keep in mind that you are making the manager's job a lot more difficult then. It's the manager's job to understand whether a player needs a kick up the backside or an arm around the shoulder. Having people constantly abuse a player on twitter makes job a lot more difficult. We should be leaving this stuff to Van Gaal.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Keep in mind that you are making the manager's job a lot more difficult then. It's the manager's job to understand whether a player needs a kick up the backside or an arm around the shoulder. Having people constantly abuse a player on twitter makes job a lot more difficult. We should be leaving this stuff to Van Gaal.
I agree and in lvg I feel we have a manager who can and will, unlike last season

redevil2

Get off forums then you useless fecking lazy cnut. Where do you work? I'm going to come and tell everyone there how shit you are. for troll to do it to people on twitter.
You sound like a bully. On the internet be careful who you're verbally abusing and threatening. You will regret it.

Bojan11

He's not a great player, but I really like Ashley Young. Seems to love playing for United, and really appreciates being here.
I'd love playing for Man Utd and earning like 120k a week.

I don't know what he expected. He should just close his twitter and just focus on his football.

Bwuk

I'd love playing for Man Utd and earning like 120k a week.

I don't know what he expected. He should just close his twitter and just focus on his football.

Not what I meant. You can see Ashley Young in the crowd with fans going to games, for example. Can you see Rooney ever doing that?

Shark

@NotShark
The second that he's sold, our squad will be stronger for it. I don't think I can take another season of his pointless outings.

Oneunited26

John terry, Suarez? Those two deserve abuse from everyone at every chance
If young was an actual top class player like Suarez has been for Liverpool, I think united Fans would not give young so much stick, even though he is one of the worst signings fergie ever made

Bojan11

Not what I meant. You can see Ashley Young in the crowd with fans going to games, for example. Can you see Rooney ever doing that?
He can hang out with whoever he wants. Fact is he hasn't performed.

He is a nice guy apart from his diving. But fact is he has shown nothing to suggest he is good enough for us.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Only LVG knows. The truth is he is not good enough for us. Thats what the tweets states to him. Hope he gets a hint on that.
I'm sure as soon as he finds another club willing to pay him £120k a week, he'll be off!

Bwuk

He can hang out with whoever he wants. Fact is he hasn't performed.

He is a nice guy apart from his diving. But fact is he has shown nothing to suggest he is good enough for us.
Never said he was. Just said he seems like a nice guy who loves the club, but I agree he should be sold.

Just wish more of our players had a similar attitude as he does towards United.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm sure as soon as he finds another club willing to pay him £120k a week, he'll be off!
Yeah, there's that. If he's actually on that kind of money, that is.

Anyway, disregarding the money - nobody actually knows what he makes, do they? - we don't actually have to replace him as such, as some have touched on. Depending on what system LVG goes for, of course - but we don't necessarily need a whole bunch of wingers. Not of the more traditional kind. Who knows, maybe LVG fancies Nani? If he intends to play a 4-3-3 of sorts we certainly don't depend on replacing Young.

Perhaps LVG likes Young. Imagine the meltdown on here. Would be a sight worth seeing, actually,

Gannicus

No one will buy Young so we're stuck with him. Putting his wages aside he provides a but of depth. How much longer does his contract run?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
While most of our targets are playing on the big tournament it would be a good time to finally decide what to do with this guy's contract.

We know Buttner is saying goodbye and Rio, Vidic, Giggs are already gone... We could easily do some cleaning in the wing department to make a way for needed upgrades and injection of new, ambitious energy.

Even Hodgson doesn't rate him anymore ffs...

Sb_16

We have got to stop handing out undeserving players a big wage package. When you think about it, we have a big squad on good wages and still have only 50% revenue to wages turnover. The amounts paid to the likes of Young and Fellaini will not hurt us financially but makes it a lot harder to sell them off. We could have had better players and still have a similar turnover over the last few years.

Browniee

Looking forward to waking up and reading 'Stoke have £5m bid accepted'

Please

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Genuine question why is he hated so much?

He's not the best by any means, saying that he's never moaned, never kicked off when he's dropped and unlike many of our so called "legends" didn't spend the whole of last season undermining the manager at every chance.

He deserves another 6 months, a chance to work with an actual midfield and defense who can do their jobs correctly. Even Mata struggled at times with the utter rubbish behind him.

There's also this. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...er-news/ashley-young-dying-fan-bucket-6366734

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wasted potential mainly by himself. If he's not playing bad then it means he's injured. He's also quite an idiot and the type of simpleton who's showing his cock in front of a web cam and getting tattoos for the sake of swag to show how much of a man he is. Closer with character and emotional development to Mario Balotelli than our great servants like Vida, Fletch or Valencia.

He is not hated by United fans. Folks just think this club have bigger football standards that should eliminate weakest links from the team working hard for success.

Would you really want that type of seed in your team when you know that exquisite talents are available like Memphis, Sanchez possibly even Di Maria ? There's a solid set of arguments that showing a way better options than Ashley Young who can't even find place in failed Roy Hodgson's collective.

Bearded but no genius

Whether or not he's good enough for United to achieve what we'd all like, there was no real need to have a go on twitter.

It's just pointless and impolite.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Blame whoever decided he was worth what they paid Villa and what they paid/pay him. I don't see what Young's done wrong, other than diving, which many do.
It's easy to say "he's not hated" but it's often beyond just saying he's not good enough, which actually isn't a crime.

Wayne's World

Damm I thought when this got to the top of the forum that we had got a bid from a team for Young...

So disappointed :(

Trizy

The hate for him is pathetic.
Why? its justified I'd say. When he starts we are worse off by a margin and when he comes on off the bench even for someone having a shocking game we are noticeably worse off. He loses the balls several times in a match which can go from you having a scoring chance to you being on the end of a scoring chance. He is absolutely USELESS!

Speak

Why? its justified I'd say. When he starts we are worse off by a margin and when he comes on off the bench even for someone having a shocking game we are noticeably worse off. He loses the balls several times in a match which can go from you having a scoring chance to you being on the end of a scoring chance. He is absolutely USELESS!
So how does abusing him (as many have done) make him suddenly a player who never loses the ball?
Blame whoever bought him, decided to pay him what he's paid, or decides to play him.

He's not very good. But does he go out trying to be as poor as possible? No.
Did he hold the United board members at gunpoint and demand they pay Villa money for him? No.

Is he supposed to refuse a spot on the team because he's not good enough?
If he's played and he's crap you have to ask what the club were thinking when they gave him one of the higher wages in the squad and what the manager's thinking by playing him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Getting all personal and pissy is just sad. He's a shite footballer, yes. But no real need to go as far as the odd 'young is shit' in a matchday thread.

Football fans in full flow are embarrassing.

Trizy

Getting all personal and pissy is just sad. He's a shite footballer, yes. But no real need to go as far as the odd 'young is shit' in a matchday thread.

Football fans in full flow are embarrassing.
When you're passionate about something competitive its very easy to get frustrated especially when the same player time and time again just does not cut it, clearly can't but yet still gets played.

Speak

When you're passionate about something competitive its very easy to get frustrated especially when the same player time and time again just does not cut it, clearly can't but yet still gets played.
Who's fault is that?
And who's fault is it that he's (reportedly) on such high wages that he's unlikely to move until his contract runs out?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't hate him, but he's a frustrating player to watch. I think he is talented, and his burst of acceleration is very dangerous, but so many times when he plays for us, he seems to look for an opportunity to win the foul than to beat his man and get a shot away. He gets into dangerous areas where he could score a goals quite consistently and win us all over, but he doesn't seem that way inclined.

I think he's an okay squad player (though if the reports about his wages are true, then he's a very expensive squad player) but I don't think he should ever be a starter unless he's covering injuries or key players are being rested for bigger games.

ottosec

He's just an easy target. Although outside of the field he always seems like a really nice guy, his playing style is a little hard to look at, to put it mildly. Dives, always does the same thing, plays with his head in the ground, also had this thing when he first came here, where he was pulling his pants down a little every time he took a corner or a FK(I dunno if anybody else noticed it, but it used to get on my tits by some reason). Anyway, probably even with all this shit he's more effective than Valencia, so it's not that bad I guess.

I also think the he somehow got in the middle of the long Nani vs Valencia war. Basically people couldn't agree which one of Valencia or Nani were the best and they just settled to agree that Young was shit. :lol:

Our fan base was always split between Nani and Valencia, if one likes flair and trickery - they will like Nani, if they like Pace and strength, they like Valencia. Young, unfortunately for him, doesn't really have a style, or maybe I should say something that he excels at, that means that he doesn't have many fans either, as nobody loves a average Joe.

What I am trying to say is that both Nani and Valencia have their fair share of haters, but they also have their fanbois to balance things out, but unfortunately for Young, he doesn't really have any fanbois to defend him when the haters are in full force.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Wingers usually tend to play better when the team tempo is good and they are released early with the fullback already on the backfoot and they can go 1 on 1. We did not have that last season and Young actually looked like he belonged under Fergie. I'm far from a fan of his but I wouldn't be surprised if both him and Tony V were vastly better under Van Gaal.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I'd been browsing this forum for years before I joined and there's always at least one scapegoat that gets a load of criticism. Past players have and still include Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Rooney, Fellaini, Valencia and more. Young just happens to be one of the current ones, if he leaves others will take his place.

Y2A

Tbh he has more to his game than Valencia. As a squad player I don't think there is any problem. At least he can use both feet and try a couple of different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.