4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocho

Stop saying he was better thann Rashford, my blind dead dog would've been better than Rashford tonight

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was wasteful and almost allowed them a goal with a brain fart, but we created way more with him on than we did in the entire first half of largely lovely football….

As others have said this is how we should be using him, but Rashford might force our hand. Hopefully Antony can marry the two styles, or at least get them closer

SirMonteyne

He obviously is the most participated player in most attacking scenarios of history of the football. That experience saved him today, still not fit. No confidence, no power, no pace and no final touches. No doubt he will bounce back though.

tomaldinho1

immediately started to create things when he came on in fairness. I guess he’s staying then.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He basically forces chances to happen with his desire. Can’t ever fault that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Showed desire, had some good passes and moves. If Martial is not fit, he must stsrt vs Arsenal.

Bobski

He did ok actually, bar a couple of odd moments. The ball was actually sticking after 30 mins of every ball coming back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We looked much better with him on today, very pleased with his cameo. I think he starts on Sunday.
I’d be surprised. We’ll be playing on the counter in a way we played against Liverpool vs a red hot Arsenal side. The type of game that actually suits Rashford

KeanoMagicHat

I’ve been a critic but I thought he was sharper and we have to make do so he can actually be very useful off the bench like that, fancy he’ll get a few goals, as long as he doesn’t complain and accepts his role as a bench player, he can be useful.

Biggins

He can be a very effective super sub but he should not be starting games. Unfortunately, he is 37 already and there is no chance to change his style of play.

Irwin99

Apart from the silly moment right at the end it was a good performance from him. If he can get his fitness back then he starts in that forward role in most games.

We didn't really aggressively press Leicester's defence either so i'm not sure what the objection would be when we play like this. Obviously he wasn't the right player for the Liverpool game.

MrEleson

He’ll be starting games soon enough. These first few fixtures are basically his pre-season.

Can’t count on Martial and Rashford for the length of the season.

Last edited:

troylocker

I think he looked positive and turned on when he came on. A couple of involvements in the last few minutes where he looked a bit slow. Maybe actually can be a good option from the bench.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm not sure what to make of him.

Maybe he is lacking match fitness, but there's bits and passages where he looks so slow and labored.

He looked sharper than he did against Southampton though.

IhabX7

I think he looked positive and turned on when he came on. A couple of involvements in the last few minutes where he looked a bit slow. Maybe actually can be a good option from the bench.
No he should start. The ceiling of this team, especially with the addition of Antony, is much higher with Ronaldo at the top than either Rashford or Martial.

Mmm-Qatarian

Much much better cameo tonight. Most of all his all round play was far more intelligent than it has been recently.

Scottynaldinho

I saw a lot of positives simply from his movement. When he came on you could see the play shift towards a central point of attack which wasn't there with Rashford.

He's still a very decent CF all things considered. With regular starts he'll still be a class above the rest.

The United

Playing him in the last 15-20 minutes while everyone is struggling, and defending is a bit useless for him and especially for us. Play him from the start and sub him early, or just don't play him at all.

We usually have Eriksen, who should be subbed after the first half, behind him and Bruno, who can make things better from the middle, playing on the wing in those late periods. That with having no one with pace to exploit the space behind the defense (Rashford was almost dead at that point as well). These are some strange substitutions and tactics in the final minutes of these games thus far.

Hopefully, having Antony will give him more options to use for late game periods.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Two games in a row he's come on and, while not being great, was obviously far better than Rashford had been before him. With him not having a preseason (his own fault) I fully expect that he will continue improving and be an important player for us throughout the season. A fit and in-form Martial is better for the team, but Ronaldo is still comfortably our second best option at striker.

IhabX7

If he was on the pitch in the first five minutes of the second half when our front three was pissing about, I think this game wouldn't have been so tight.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
No he should start. The ceiling of this team, especially with the addition of Antony, is much higher with Ronaldo at the top than either Rashford or Martial.
Rashford? Certainly. Not sure I agree with Martial. A fully fit Martial when he's playing well has the fantastic tendency to make all the other attackers around him play better.

Sviken

Looked far more threatening in the minutes he got than Rashford all game. He should start against Arsenal.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think I would rather have any of Elanga or Garnacho coming in on the last 15 mins. There's just so much space, and Ronaldo can't run.

Both him and Rashford don't do much off the ball anyway, so doesn't make much of a difference who starts games.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I feel ETH wants to get the other 10 players functioning before dropping Ronaldo in, problem is that'll likely take months

Djemba-Djemba

He looks old but we also looked ten times more threatening with him as the number 9 than we did with Rashford there.

NewYorkRed

Looked like a player who didn’t have a preseason and isn’t used to not starting. But of course since its Ronaldo the idiots will come out and say nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.