Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Its all gone Shane Long

Seems Sir Jim is no better than the Glazers, or was it the glazers pulling the strings as they are majority owners after all? Either way not a very good start Jim. Get your act together, as for ETH, thank you for some fond memories and for some nightmares. Really wanted it to work out but it hasn’t

Infra-red

Reckon McKenna is next in and Chelsea/Brighton making moves for him has forced our hand
Probably. Looks like Chelsea have shifted focus to Maresca, which is probably indicative of the direction the wind is blowing re McKenna.

Rolaholic

Worst kept secret in football but I do wish we didn't leak it prior to the Final ala LVG...

Let's let Kieran give it a go then

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
2016 all over again but likely without the cup win ffs.

Surely they'd gave been better saying something after the match on Sunday
.....or letting him go after the CL campaign instead of letting it get worse and worse for him. Instead the guy has to walk out in front of the world knowing what is going to happen.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
No happiness. No relief. I liked him a lot and wanted him to succeed. But ultimately 8th and the CL campaign was too dire to defend
Exactly this. Seems like a good guy, good coach and sad things didn't work out.

Kinda disgraceful this is coming out today though. Just hold for the weekend ffs.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Probably. Looks like Chelsea have shifted focus to Maresca, which is probably indicative of the direction the wind is blowing re McKenna.
As long as we do not do what Chelsea did with Poch and give him a young experienced side. They need to judge well who to keep to give the side experience and character.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Look it's obviously the correct decision but the way it's all playing out in the media the day before the cup final is pretty distasteful.

MalaysianRed7

I’m really not a fan of the timing of this leak. If we planned to sack him at the end of the season, it should’ve been announced after the Coventry debacle to show the man some respect and galvanise the players for the rest of the season. I refuse to believe that the decision has just been made, because there was ample evidence that he was not the right man long before, I assume, the loss to Palace.

Having said that, now that everyone knows he’s gone after tomorrow, they have to announce it before the game.

Rojofiam

I don't like the timing either, but I guess there could be some rationale behind this

Would also mean that McKenna is nailed on to be the new manager as I don't see him rejecting us for Brighton or Chelsea

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel bad for him, not so much for the decision but for how it'll come about. It should've been announced a month ago if not longer ago. We all knew it was going to happen if we're honest, but just have the conversation, put out a report saying well move on after the season and we'll focus on the season like Bayern did, and go into the cup final normally. This coming out the day before the final is idiotic.

L1nk

I think it would be weird to suggest INEOS has leaked this. But they have a problem in that there are still leakers at the club who pull stunts like this.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He quotes a well placed source at the club though, not someone at Chelsea or elsewhere. My money is on someone who’s been told this is their last game
He could quite easily say that couldn't he to cover his tracks a bit.
How? At the biggest club in the world?
We could handle it with a bit more class and not give it the opportunity to leak out the day or two before the cup final. Make the decision, control the narrative and announce it officially and not scurry around in the background.

Before you start talking about what you did yesterday, his position is now untenable and they have no choice.

Infra-red

As long as we do not do what Chelsea did with Poch and give him a young experienced side. They need to judge well who to keep to give the side experience and character.
If it is McKenna, I guess he'd want to keep a lot of the more senior guys around as he'll know them well having coached them under Mourinho/Solskjaer/Rangnick (Dalot, Maguire, Bruno, AWB, Lindelof, McTominay, Rashford, Shaw).

crossy1686

career ending
He could quite easily say that couldn't he to cover his tracks a bit.

We could handle it with a bit more class and not give it the opportunity to leak out the day or two before the cup final. Make the decision, control the narrative and announce it officially and not scurry around in the background.

Before you start talking about what you did yesterday, his position is now untenable and they have no choice.
Well you invite this when you say absolutely nothing after the worse season in 50 years. They should have sacked him ages ago, that’s what we’ve been crying out for to avoid this situation going into his last game.

It doesn’t make any sense for anyone at United who has something to lose to inform the journalists that he’s leaving, unless the manager himself or one of his sacked staff have confirmed it to a journalist they’re close to. As I said before, I’m sure Ten Hag would like another job after this one and his agency will be busy making sure everyone knows he’s soon to be available so hold your horses before you appoint someone else.