F1 2020 Season

Leg-End

Ah, ok, cheers. They were going on about deleting a lap time and had my wife yammering at me, so couldn't hear exactly what was going on.
Yeah it was for Q1 and Q2 I think. Not a big deal.

pauldyson1uk

Hamilton to report to stewards

Hmmm...maybe pole position isn't done and dusted yet?

Lewis Hamilton is one of four drivers to be summoned to the stewards for not returning to the track in the correct manner at Turn Two during Q1.

'Alleged failure to follow the Race Directors’ Instruction (item 22.1 a) in turn 2 at 15:04:43, alleged breach of Article 12.1.1.(i) of the FIA International Sporting Code.'

Magnussen, Grosjean and Latifi are the others.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Albon must know a dark secret about Horner. So odd how they ve defended him and basically committed to keeping him in the seat for next season.
Are you saying this based on usual practice in F1 or based on how Red Bull treated Gasly? Cause I feel it isn't all that common to swap drivers mid-season for this kind of performance (Albon isn't terrible, just a bit disappointing); but that Red Bull might have set a pretty harsh standard for themselves. Maybe Red Bull have toned that down a little? They got a lot of criticism over Gasly's demotion, plus Gasly is showing this year that he's better than he seemed, suggesting that maybe he should have received more (mental) support and time.

vangagal

Gasly was way worse than Albon in that 2nd seat performance wise. Unless its great talent like Ricciardo level, they would all pale in comparison to Max.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gasly has a 2nd and 1st place to his name in a Toro Rosso though. Albon has been average throughout his F1 career.

Tiber

Excited to see Mick Schumacher in F1 next year. Hope he ends up at Alfa rather than Haas

pauldyson1uk

FIA bans T-shirts from podium ceremonies
And some other early news concerning the post-race procedure, with the FIA now banning drivers from wearing unofficial clothing on the podium - following Lewis Hamilton’s Tuscan GP T-shirt urging action over the death of Breonna Taylor.

An FIA communication this morning reads: "For the duration of the Podium Ceremony and Post Race Interview Procedure, the Drivers finishing in race in positions 1, 2, 3 must remain attired only in their Driving Suits, 'done up' to the neck, not opened to the waist.

"For the avoidance of doubt this includes a Medical Face Mask or Team Branded Face Mask."

Wicked_Badger

Lewis Hamilton under investigation before Russian GP for doing a practice start outside the designated area.
I see a penalty coming his way, grid drop or time penalty ?
He’s had a scrappy weekend! Maybe he really doesn’t want pole today and wants to gain the slipstream rather than give it! :lol:

Leg-End

Nearly lights out, could be a classic or a borefest.
All about Turn 1,2 and 3. I think Max or Bottas have the best chance because of the long run, after that I don’t see much change in the order but we shall see.

Dan_F

Almost got completely caught out by the start time. What’s the point in starting it two hours early? Sochi is only two hours ahead right?