F1 2020 Season

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I really enjoyed him on Top Gear, id be interested to see him do more TV work- presenting maybe?
Im surprised he is staying in F1 he's seemed very downtrodden this season though im not surprised with that car. Even last season things were hard for him, id possibly even wonder if he's lost his confidence, at that level however slight it would affect him. He's also been racing for a long time.
I thought he'd possibly have a bit of time out or even retire. It's a shame seeing him limping round at the back. Do we think he will be their number one driver or will daddy's boy be? Vetted should but surely Daddy Stroll won't demote Lance?
I think Seb will still be the number 1 driver at Aston Martin next year and he would have more say in the development of the car and have a setup that's more suited for him.

He pretty much said that he and Ferrari had different directions on how the car should have been developed this year and it's affecting him in trying to get it to race consistently.

Can expect him to have a much better season when he's out of the shit and politics that comes with being a Ferrari driver.

United Hobbit

Interesting to read people's replies to my questions around Vettel, I agree he should be number 1 driver but wasn't sure if daddy would enable that, id imagine it's something they would have talked about.

Another pole for Hamilton, hopefully Max can get between them at the start to make the race more interesting

When do we think Hamilton will call it a day? Or do we think he will go to a different team for the next chapter of his career?
I'd imagine he will stay at Mercedes certainly next year, the way they are dominating could lead to him setting multiple records that will be very hard to break. I dont see him going to a lower team he's spent most of his careers at strong teams i could maybe see him doing one of the more "climate friendly" versions of motor racing? Isn't there a formula E? I follow him on Instagram and see he's very into Climate change so maybe he would do one of the forms that promotes this as he can use his reputation to raise awareness of it?

Though before he does retire I'd love to see him and Max in the same team think that would be great to watch!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Schumacher takes the lead in F2 championship. TBH, he's been the most well rounded driver this year in f2, with 7 podiums to his name. If not for the fire extinguisher in Austria and some average results there (despite him being one of the faster drivers on both weekends), he'd probably be running away with the title.

Also, Dan Ticktum proving why nobody has ever taken a punt on him in F1. His post race comments show of a self entitled prick.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
What I don't understand is why the FIA have decided to let this merc Merc dominance continue without stepping into neutur them. They have done it to every other dominant car, most famously Ferrari in the Schumacher era and half the rules about the driver being alone and unaided comes from them making half the things in the early 90s William's illegal because they where lapping is far ahead of the accomedation.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
What I don't understand is why the FIA have decided to let this merc Merc dominance continue without stepping into neutur them. They have done it to every other dominant car, most famously Ferrari in the Schumacher era and half the rules about the driver being alone and unaided comes from them making half the things in the early 90s William's illegal because they where lapping is far ahead of the accomedation.
They did. They tried small things that didn't work, but Mercedes has been too good at adapting to everything. So FIA now has a big rule change coming that forces everyone to create new cars. That was supposed to roll out next year, but it's now been delayed by a year due to COVID-19.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Interesting to read people's replies to my questions around Vettel, I agree he should be number 1 driver but wasn't sure if daddy would enable that, id imagine it's something they would have talked about.

Another pole for Hamilton, hopefully Max can get between them at the start to make the race more interesting

When do we think Hamilton will call it a day? Or do we think he will go to a different team for the next chapter of his career?
I'd imagine he will stay at Mercedes certainly next year, the way they are dominating could lead to him setting multiple records that will be very hard to break. I dont see him going to a lower team he's spent most of his careers at strong teams i could maybe see him doing one of the more "climate friendly" versions of motor racing? Isn't there a formula E? I follow him on Instagram and see he's very into Climate change so maybe he would do one of the forms that promotes this as he can use his reputation to raise awareness of it?

Though before he does retire I'd love to see him and Max in the same team think that would be great to watch!
Lance is still only 21, he's still got a lot of time on his side. Learning from Seb, especially on race strategy and car development is going to only do his career a lot of good.

Lewis talks a lot of crap but at the end of the day he's not going to give up his shitload of money in F1 to race in formula E and give up his private jet at his beck and call for his lavish lifestyle.

Balljy

They're trying constantly. Even last week there was an attempt by stopping different engine modes being used over the racing weekend. The problem this time is that Mercedes seem too good at adapting and their base car is so much better than the others.

Leg-End

Think Bottas has a chance today, long run into Turn 1 and I don’t think Lewis is as hooked up here as normal.

Tuscan GP

pauldyson1uk

Starting Grid.

1. Lewis Hamilton

2. Valtteri Bottas

3. Max Verstappen

4. Alex Albon

5. Charles Leclerc

6. Lance Stroll

7. Sergio Perez (one place grid penalty taken)

8. Daniel Ricciardo

9. Carlos Sainz

10. Esteban Ocon

11. Lando Norris

12. Daniil Kvyat

13. Kimi Raikkonen

14. Sebastian Vettel

15. Romain Grosjean

16. Pierre Gasly

17. Antonio Giovinazzi

18. George Russell

19. Nicholas Latifi

20. Kevin Magnussen

pauldyson1uk

Tuscan Grand Prix the first of the season to be held with fans at the track.

2,800 spectators have been allowed into Mugello on each day of the grand prix.

There will be 1,000 fans in the Tribuna Centrale grandstand on the start-finish straight, another 1,000 in the stand between Turn Three and Turn Four and 880 tickets were also made available for Ferrari club members in the stand on the exit of Turn Eight.

starman

How does Lewis compare to other legends? Will he be considered the greatest if he breaks all the records or will there be a asterix by his name given hes had the best car for the most of his career?
I have always been a casual F1 fan but did watch it a lot more in the 90s and seemed a lot more competitive

pauldyson1uk

How does Lewis compare to other legends? Will he be considered the greatest if he breaks all the records or will there be a asterix by his name given hes had the best car for the most of his career?
I have always been a casual F1 fan but did watch it a lot more in the 90s and seemed a lot more competitive
why an Asterix ?? I don't get it, he has broken most of the records there to break, Sch had the best car at the time Seb had the best car at the time, is that not F1 is, the best driver in the best car ?
Is he the GOAT , now that's the debate.

starman

why an Asterix ?? I don't get it, he has broken most of the records there to break, Sch had the best car at the time Seb had the best car at the time, is that not F1 is, the best driver in the best car ?
Is he the GOAT , now that's the debate.
As I said i am just a casual fan, but Lewis always seemed to be in the best car, his only real competition has been his teammate.
My recollection were teams were more competitive previously. Ferrari, Williams and Benetton were all in contention iirc

pauldyson1uk

As I said i am just a casual fan, but Lewis always seemed to be in the best car, his only real competition has been his teammate.
My recollection were teams were more competitive previously. Ferrari, Williams and Benetton were all in contention iirc
I can see your point, but you can only beat what is put in front of you.
For me, I can decide between Sch, Lewis or Senna, of Senna had lived we would not be seeing so many records broke, Senna would have them all.

Skills

Snitch
He didn't have the best car when he was his first world championship. It's worth remembering he came into F1 and finished 2nd in the WDC (should've won if it wasn't for the retirement in the penultimate race) finishing level with Fernando Alonso.

That's why any criticism of his talent or ability doesn't really hold any weight. He was that good as a rookie.

F-Red

Restart is probably going to favour Hamilton now.
All the support races this weekend has seen corner one be an easy overtake for 1st/2nd. Bottas will feel like a sitting duck with that headwind as well.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Entertaining first lap, though Max going out isn't the best for any chance of a race at the front. At least Bottas managed to get into the lead from the start

Tiber

I suppose the crash doesn't even matter if his engine was broken, but still gutted for Max.

F-Red

Schumacher takes the lead in F2 championship. TBH, he's been the most well rounded driver this year in f2, with 7 podiums to his name. If not for the fire extinguisher in Austria and some average results there (despite him being one of the faster drivers on both weekends), he'd probably be running away with the title.

Also, Dan Ticktum proving why nobody has ever taken a punt on him in F1. His post race comments show of a self entitled prick.
Don't often agree with your posts, but Schumacher has been hugely impressive and consistent this year. Feels like he's a shoe in for an Alfa seat next year.

As for Ticktum, he's paid for the seat this year & hopefully we never see him in a single seater formula again with any luck. Horrible personality outweighs any driving talent.