2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Biggins

He really needs to start ahead of Antony. At least we have some right winger in him who will cross the ball.

RedIan

I like him a lot, i really think with a run of games we will start to see his real quality. Pellestri in Anthony out !

Great assist !!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He might not make it here but I'd rather he played over Antony.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I agree he's probably not starter calibre, but I think he's an excellent asset off the bench if we had a better RW in front of him.

ti vu

Great timing..
What he said is not wrong though.

The goal is still very much a moment of individual brilliance from Bruno from a very difficult position. Leno even got a touch on it. Not a well worked goal. Replicate this goal 100 time and unlikely able to replicate the goal. That is not talking about the sequence where Fulham failed to clear the ball off, which Martial also showed some effort.

Credit where it's due today, but let's not pretend same kind of impact would be easy replicate good result against other teams. We already saw those situations where Pellistri didn't provide nothing.

I don't think he's good enough long term but I think he's the option on the wing most compatible with Hoijlund. He is capable of getting to the byline and providing crosses and cutbacks. Our other wingers all want to cut in and shoot. I hope he and Hannibal start in Denmark.
The issue is Pellistri rare beat his man to cut back, nor good at crossing. You're purely talking about profile not describe the actual players. It's like saying Maguire is comfortable with the ball, so would fit high line, but forgot he lack pace and is awful at playing an high line offside.

Sylar

Expecting him to start next game, not be great for 45 mins, be subbed off and not see another minute until the fa cup ...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Desperately needs to hit the gym - so slight and is unable to impose himself due to that
You think so? Showed far more physicality and ability to compete athletically than Antony. Turned the ball over because of doggedness too. He looks like a terrier and has gotten quite a bit stronger than he used to be!

Think his issues are more that he needs end product, not struggling to get into the positions in the first place.

ti vu

I agree he's probably not starter calibre, but I think he's an excellent asset off the bench if we had a better RW in front of him.
If our team are up to standard, we would need much better option off the bench to back them up. Else we would do formation, shape change rather do like for like replacement with significant worse players.

People are currently blind by Antony in his current form. If they look at things objectively, no way people would think Pellistri would be good enough. He would be compared unflavored to Dan James, Lingard, Ashley Young, Park Ji Sung if we talk purely on back up players. Trossard is not that expensive when Arsenal sign him and he was signed in less than a year. Even Antony would be still involved in some nice play like the chances he created for Bruno, the sequence when he released Dalot to cross to Mount who handballed, or again released AWB whose square ball got Martial a half chance in narrow angle at near post against Newcastle. If those players could provide the same amount of brilliance Bruno pulled off today, those goal would have been better worked goals.

Credit where it due for his cameo impact nonetheless, but let's not pretend if Bruno, or any other players keep produce individual brilliance moment, other players can't benefit from just provide scrappy assists. It's the same as Weghorst got praise for effort, not actual performance most of his time here last seasonbecause Bruno, Rashford carried the team.

Last edited:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I don’t think he’ll make it here long term but should still be given an opportunity to show what he can do given Antonys terrible form, he really can’t do any worse. I hope/predict that Amad comes back and claims that spot but until then Pellestri deserves a few chances, he’s waited long enough and likely turned down loan opportunities for this moment, give it him ffs.

ti vu

You think so? Showed far more physicality and ability to compete athletically than Antony. Turned the ball over because of doggedness too. He looks like a terrier and has gotten quite a bit stronger than he used to be!

Think his issues are more that he needs end product, not struggling to get into the positions in the first place.
Chasing, harassing he may has it. However, shoulder to shoulder, getting tackled or being chased is different matter. I didn't watch the qualifier game, but even from highlight, he bounced off a Brazil player trying to challenge him in a shoulder to shoulder. It's a theme with him.

Last edited:

redshaw

Like him pretty much every time he's played, he tends to make things happen and was probably key for the Palace league cup game fluidity and a goal came from his receiving a ball out wide.

If you watch his games, we're able to switch the play and generate chances, he can bring others in, do cut backs and other traditional wing play. I don't think he's top level and the Antony of last season was certainly working harder and tracking back more.

As an attacking footballer, Pellistri gives us some balance and trickery to the byline. perhaps with AWB behind we can afford to use Pellistri more. Antony is just petulant rather benefiting the team right now.

lex talionis

Forget about “the long term”. Right now Pellistri gives this club vastly more than Antony does.

Let’s see what Amad can do when he returns to fitness.

tob

One different thing with him, compared to Antony, is that Pellestri will challenge to go past a defender both on the outside and on the inside. I think with Pellestri, the attack will have a better chance of providing the service that Hojlund needs. He has good close control of the ball, but tends to have a heavy touch a bit too often, which keeps getting him in trouble.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Chasing, harassing he may has it. However, shoulder to shoulder, getting tackled or being chased is different matter. I didn't watch the qualifier game, but even from highlight, he bounced off a Brazil player trying to challenge him in a shoulder to shoulder. It's a theme with him.
Understood, but this is relative to Antony, to which, Pellistri is the superior athlete. We're severely lacking in terms of athletic prowess on the right flank: Antony, Sancho, Amad, Antony, Pellistri, Bruno/Mount - not a single one amongst them fast or strong, so it's basically a pick from an unblessed bunch.

Dan_F

It’s more of an indictment of Antony’s quality than an endorsement of Pellestri’s. Antony is basically done in the Premier League now, he’s so predictable that I don’t see where he goes from here. Pellestri is so raw that I’m not even sure he’s a Premier League footballer, but I’d back him to offer more than Antony going forward at this point.

Someone

Something
I know he isn't at the level we want, but at least he offers some sort of a threat. If he starts the next 10 games I guarantee you we'll see more end product than we'll see from Antony in the next 20.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Expecting him to start next game, not be great for 45 mins, be subbed off and not see another minute until the fa cup ...
Sounds about right. It's quite telling how after his last game everyone thought Antony couldn't be back soon enough and, even when he has been shite as usual, this thread got zero posts for weeks.

Given games I reckon he can offer more but he obviously won't transform us.

We will just carry on blaming those who play and those not playing will get better just through absence. Long season ahead.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We will just carry on blaming those who play and those not playing will get better just through absence. Long season ahead.
That's how we roll. Unless you're Donny of course. He remains the same.

Bwuk

Nothing against Pellistri, but it’s a sad state of affairs that he’s arguably our best actual RW atm.

lex talionis

Nothing against Pellistri, but it’s a sad state of affairs that he’s arguably our best actual RW atm.
But he really isn’t. Sancho is clearly superior, but of course he needs to get his head out of his arse. And then there’s Amad.

But in terms of who’s mentally and physically fit, Facundo is our best option.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't think he is good enough for us but he is clearly better than Antony so should start over him.

He works as hard which appears to be the only thing people can praise Antony for.

Add that to he actually does provide a threat attacking wise as he has pace is willing to get down to the byline and cross.

Says a lot that just being quick and wanting to cross the ball makes him our best right winger

Trequarista10

Does he play wing back for Uruguay? It's something I'd be curious to see us try. Like...

Rashford - Hojlund
Reguilon - Mount - Bruno - Pellistri
Casemiro
CB - CB - CB​

Or

Hojlund
Bruno - Sancho
Shaw - Amrabat - Eriksen - Pellistri
CB - CB - CB​

Personnel obviously just for example, could make several alterations. Not sure Pellistri has enough quality to ever be a starting RW but RWB? I dont know but the above systems may solve some of the issues with our midfield so I'm interested to see it tested.

RuudTom83

The hatred for Antony will always blind peoples views slightly to any alternative on the right.

Now I don’t think Pellistri is the answer, but I’m happy for him to get some minutes ahead of Antony and Bruno on the right.

Still need to try Mount and then Amad before we settle on any pecking order.

lsd

The Oracle
The hatred for Antony will always blind peoples views slightly to any alternative on the right.

Now I don’t think Pellistri is the answer, but I’m happy for him to get some minutes ahead of Antony and Bruno on the right.

Still need to try Mount and then Amad before we settle on any pecking order.

People want the best player in each position to play. What's wrong with that?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Pellistri had a massive role in the match winner. I understand the “he’s shit” argument and yes of course he’ll never be a Ronaldo or Beckham, but my god he’s vastly more effective than Antony.
A squirrel in a k hole would be

RuudTom83

People want the best player in each position to play. What's wrong with that?
Not sure how this question relates to my post.

But sure, sounds good, let’s agree to give Pellestri some more minutes.

lsd

The Oracle
Not sure how this question relates to my post.

But sure, sounds good, let’s agree to give Pellestri some more minutes.
He deserves it at present but hopefully someone better will come along.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Great clip of how his workrate played a big part in the goal yesterday.

lex talionis

Great clip of how his workrate played a big part in the goal yesterday.
Definitely not peak samba football, but magnificent in its own gobsmackingly glorious way.

Hopefully Antony, Sancho and Rashford were all watching it live and that ETH makes them watch the work Pesllistri put into that goal over and over and over. If that alone doesn't compel the manager to start Facundo for both Copenhagen and Luton Town serious questions need to be asked what he sees in Antony.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Definitely not peak samba football, but magnificent in its own gobsmackingly glorious way.

Hopefully Antony, Sancho and Rashford were all watching it live and that ETH makes them watch the work Pesllistri put into that goal over and over and over. If that alone doesn't compel the manager to start Facundo for both Copenhagen and Luton Town serious questions need to be asked what he sees in Antony.
Antony was grim yesterday and has been pretty terrible in general post return. That doesn't mean Pellistri should start as industry alone isn' enough, Mjebri is a good example of that. I'm just not sure he's very good.

I'd rather see an alternative like Mount with Pellistri there as a deserved plan B.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I hope Pellestri get to play with clever player, I think he has got Silva vibe where he moves into space and play quick 1-2. I think he keeps the ball better than Bruno. Hopefully he get a chance in the middle and Amad on the right.

ti vu

You're OTT with your praise here.

First thing to get out of the way first is it was the failed dribbling attempt by Pellistri. Even after the tackle Pellistri still got screened off the ball. The error from Ream is the type that make you fumed if it were your own players.

This goal made the build up for many chances and the two goals against Sheffield look well worked in comparison. For example Antony pressed ad won the ball back which led to the chance/bad shooting decision for Rashford in 57th minute against Sheffield United.

You're advocating for the wrong cause if you think just this is a case for study to improve our team. This is the kind of unsustainable football and that worries people. Too reliant on luck with individual brilliance of Bruno in this instance to get the goal. We missed better chance than this in this very game, against City, Newcastle, let alone Copenhagen.

If these goals happen that abundantly, almost anyone can become football coach because it's too easy to just ask players to run a lot, hope for opposition to make mistakes. You think better teams with better players would allow such error on regular basis?

Last edited:

Stadjer

Let be honest, Antony has many flaws but his workrate isnt one of them. Workrate isnt any reason to put Pellistri in over Antony. Antony wouldnt have given up at any point where Pellistri keeps on going in that clip. Rashford and Sancho might but not Antony.

However if Pellistri has lady luck following him which causes opponents to make that many mistakes in such a short amount of time than he should be playing every game.

Kostov

Let be honest, Antony has many flaws but his workrate isnt one of them. Workrate isnt any reason to put Pellistri in over Antony. Antony wouldnt have given up at any point where Pellistri keeps on going in that clip. Rashford and Sancho might but not Antony.

However if Pellistri has lady luck following him which causes opponents to make that many mistakes in such a short amount of time than he should be playing every game.
Antony also carries some dislikable arrogance and energy that is a handicap when your are not Neymar. In contrary makes his opponents to want to beat him so hard in every duel and they very much do so. He brings absolutely nothing and Pellistri should be in the team based on that thing alone.

Winrar

Not saying much on its own, but he deserves to start ahead of Antony at the moment.

Sparky Rhiwabon

In a strong Manchester United squad I’m not sure he’d be near the first team, or at least not yet. But here we are.