6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

Very good performance . nice touches good link up play . but I was most impressed with the positions he was getting into once the players start reading those runs he is going to run riot .

AndyJ1985

He played like someone who wanted to impress. Deserves a start against West Ham.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This guy and Mata would be fecking mental in a diamond.

..back four
....carrick
ander..pogba
.mata.mkhi
....striker

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Mata has been good this season but as to whether I am wrong on Mata.. we shall see in the long term.

My argument has always been for us to return to CL winning ways and win the EPL, Mata wouldn't be in my first XI. I still stick by that statement even though he's one of the best players in the current squad.
Nice get out clause for your opinion.

Until we win the League and CL double you can keep on doubting him.

jackofalltrades

Very pleased with his performance.Looked like an ex-BD player today. We even got a bit of luck, Rooney was just on side I think, but it could have been called the other way. I thought they were lucky not to have that defender sent off, looked like a foul to me. And the own goal went our way as well.. The tide turns;)

podurban2

Excellent technique, dont really remember him having a bad touch today. Jose can't ignore him anymore
He had a couple of sloppy moments; lost possession of the ball too easily once and also misplaced a simple pass. May have been some other moments too, can't remember.

Donut

This performance just showed the stupidity of freezing him out before. Those who have seen him play knew what he is capable of. We'd probably have a few more points and a more fluid attack. Hopefully he gets a run if games now.

C'est Moi Cantona

His moves so quick it's like he's on wheels.

Shame he's supposedly a bit fragile mentally because he could be as good as we've got if he can kick on.

Witchking

Looks good. Hope Jose saw what he wanted to see in Mkhi and continues to start him. Well played today.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
My argument has always been for us to return to CL winning ways and win the EPL, Mata wouldn't be in my first XI. I still stick by that statement even though he's one of the best players in the current squad.
Even though he's one of the few, ever dwindling players in said squad to have actually won the CL? Created a goal in the final, no less!....In fact created or scored a goal in every final he's ever played, including one for us, and the winner in this very competition? (I bring this up a lot, cos it's a really, really great stat, innit?)

Eitherway, wrong thread. Mkhis pretty good though, ain't he?

Member 99369

If he can't get into your first eleven as one of the best players in the squad, surely you mean nobody in the squad is good enough and a total total overhaul

I don't particularly agree with Raees on Mata, but why is it so outlandish to suggest we'd need a complete overhaul to win the EPL or Champions League?
If it was possible to start from scratch there's only 2 or 3 I'd choose to keep at all cost.

Kag

I don't particularly agree with Raees on Mata, but why is it so outlandish to suggest we'd need a complete overhaul to win the EPL or Champions League?
If it was possible to start from scratch there's only 2 or 3 I'd choose to keep at all cost.
Well that's daft.

lostcauz

Great tonight but can't see Jose overlooking zlatan, rooney and Mata as the front 3 (with Carrick, Pogba and Ander behind) at the weekend.

I hope I'm wrong.

Irrational.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why are people so incapable of understanding that there is more to what goes on in a football team than the 90 minutes or less we see on the pitch from week to week?

Just because he's done well tonight doesn't mean Mourinho has been wrong and there's been some kind of feck up to not have him play every minute.

Injury niggles, time to settle, managing the players needs, getting him fully comfortable. There's more to this shit than you see on FM ffs.

mu4c_20le

He had a couple of sloppy moments; lost possession of the ball too easily once and also misplaced a simple pass. May have been some other moments too, can't remember.
I mainly meant his first touch, anyone can misplace a pass especially if the teammate doesn't time the run properly. But ball control is very important in order to keep the attack flowing and I think he's got that in spades.

podurban2

A disgrace he has not been involved until now. If we needed any proof Mourinho has failed so far then just play him a video of Mkhs second half game today.
He has also been really poor. There may be a reason Jose wanted to hide him from the spotlight and let him get comfortable with his teammates before bringing him out on display. You simply don't know.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I still can't believe the likes of Memphis, Lingard and Morgan have gotten on the bench ahead of him all season.
It's weird, particularly since he seemed excited to sign him.

the hea

He was very good in the second half and considering the time he has been without first team football the future could be very bright for him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If Mata isn't good enough for a team in the CL then we're in serious trouble, because he's easily one of our best players.
Well we are in serious trouble in the context of being CL winning standard, or even EPL winning standard.

Can the current side win the Europa League? I hope so. Is this side EPL winning material or capable of reaching CL semi finals - no fecking chance in its current state.

If he can't get into your first eleven as one of the best players in the squad, surely you mean nobody in the squad is good enough and a total total overhaul is required?
Yes an overhaul in attack is required. You can't have Wayne Rooney and Ibra as your main CF's if you want to win the CL or win the league.

Nice get out clause for your opinion.

Until we win the League and CL double you can keep on doubting him.
Well surely that is what a club of this standard should be striving for.. to win the league and challenge for CL honours. Otherwise if it isn't are we just another Arsenal?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Hope he starts at West ham. Surely Mourinho cant leave him out after this performance?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really really pleased for him.

Got better and better as the game went on, was unlucky not to score tonight.

Passed and moved really well and his dribbling through the middle is something we haven't had in a long time.

Can't wait to see him play more.

MrBest

don't understand why he had not started already (excusing the injury). Not sure what the great surprise is with his performance, he was doing this week in and week out in Germany. He just needed a little push about 2 months ago and things may have been different. He is a more important signing for me than Pogba!

Billy Jim

Think him and Rooney both earned starts against West Ham with tonight's performances.

Not sure if either will get them though...

Camilo

I'm not really seeing it... His touch was generally nice, but he didn't do all that much.

Nice to see him playing though. Certainly nowhere near motm for me today, but decent. Here's hoping he gets a few games now, and shows a bit more.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Well we are in serious trouble in the context of being CL winning standard, or even EPL winning standard.

Can the current side win the Europa League? I hope so. Is this side EPL winning material or capable of reaching CL semi finals - no fecking chance in its current state.

Yes an overhaul in attack is required. You can't have Wayne Rooney and Ibra as your main CF's if you want to win the CL or win the league.

Well surely that is what a club of this standard should be striving for.. to win the league and challenge for CL honours. Otherwise if it isn't are we just another Arsenal?
You do know Mata has won the CL don't you and was his team's player of the year?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Good classy game. One touch, quick play really set the tempo for the attack. Very Impressed. I feel like he has a few more gears in there as well.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very good in the second half. Maybe could have passed instead of shooting. Looks like he wanted a goal badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.