Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mkhi is on 140k a week according to loads of different sources. 200k might be his wage demands at Arsenal.

Mr PG

People have short memories. We won Europa largely because of Miki and United would be crazy to get rid for the reputed 30m quid when defenders are going for 75m. Quite a few People doubted Rashford, majority accused Lingard of stealing a living..heck people even doubted Martial when he struggled a bit last season...despite him showing what he can do in his first season. Players are not robots and patience pays in this game. Remember Gareth Bale and Kane were not always favorites at their clubs but patience paid big. I know some will say Mikitaryan is 30yrs but my retort is....he's proven himself before and we got him for a pittance in today's prices.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
People have short memories. We won Europa largely because of Miki and United would be crazy to get rid for the reputed 30m quid when defenders are going for 75m. Quite a few People doubted Rashford, majority accused Lingard of stealing a living..heck people even doubted Martial when he struggled a bit last season...despite him showing what he can do in his first season. Players are not robots and patience pays in this game. Remember Gareth Bale and Kane were not always favorites at their clubs but patience paid big. I know some will say Mikitaryan is 30yrs but my retort is....he's proven himself before and we got him for a pittance in today's prices.
We most definitely did not win the EL 'largely' because of Mkhi. Just because he was good in it doesnt mean that.

Ibrahimovic was clearly our most important player in the EL. He got more goals+assists than Mkhitaryan which also contributed to more wins than Mkhitaryan.

The EL final was also largely down to Fellaini and Mourinho's tactical instructions. Of course he deserves credit for the goal; but Mkhitaryan did not do much except score in the final.

KYcinco

He will suit Arsenal's football to a tee.

Will be a joy to watch if he goes there.

Nanotron

Yeah i sure wish we showed more patience with cleverly, wallwork, greening, macheda et all.

keener

Man I was wrong about Mkhitaryan. I thought he was the most important bit of business that we've done over the last few years (except Pogba) and he has not shown to have the ability to step up to a world class level. I'm very disappointed that I was wrong.

I thought he looked good at times last week but the ONE thing that drives me the most crazy about his game is that he is the MOST wasteful player on the field. He will give the ball away often when it matters most and my kids are getting tired of hearing me complain about it.

The ball will come to him early on a counter attack and he will try to take on a defender in midfield instead of keep moving the ball to an open player.

Jib

We most definitely did not win the EL 'largely' because of Mkhi. Just because he was good in it doesnt mean that.

Ibrahimovic was clearly our most important player in the EL. He got more goals+assists than Mkhitaryan which also contributed to more wins than Mkhitaryan.

The EL final was also largely down to Fellaini and Mourinho's tactical instructions. Of course he deserves credit for the goal; but Mkhitaryan did not do much except score in the final.
Pogba and Romero were our most important players. And after them, it was Mkhi.

Ibra was injuried and missed a lot of important games...In fact, we won the EL without him !

CA_vampire

Riaola his agent, could be true...
This also explains why we got this player. For me, it was obvious from the beginning that he is not United material. Too many excuses for his mediocre performances, too many months of "transition time", and so on. We are trying to climb back to the top. We need players with *strong* mentality. Skills are important, but without the proper mentality they are irrelevant.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've never realised how much he actually suits Arsenal.

Technically proficient player with a fragile mentality who's easily bullied. Yep. Arsenal, alright.

Redman24

he is arsenal through and through, a bottler that will suit arsenal perfectly. i hope he goes there.

Djemba-Djemba

He scored a lot of crucial goals in the Europa League including the clincher in the final.

That is pretty much it for positives from his time at Utd. He's a been a huge let down.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even if Alexis comes, we shouldn't sell him.
We need depth.
Sell in the summer.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Guardian Reckon he is wanted by Arsenal,Him and malcom both . Looks like they are accepting Ozil will leave as well.

Idxomer

Even if Alexis comes, we shouldn't sell him.
We need depth.
Sell in the summer.
Mata, Alexis and Jesse all could play in his position and to a much greater effect than him.

I think if there's a possibility to sell him, it would be an easy decision for Mourinho.

LeftyBlaster

Unpopular opinion.

If he does end up doing a swap to Arsenal I think we will see a much better Mkhi under Wenger simply because the style of football suits him. Far more movement and tempo in the Arsenal teams. Same problem we’ve had with playmakers in the past like Kagawa.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Unpopular opinion.

If he does end up doing a swap to Arsenal I think we will see a much better Mkhi under Wenger simply because the style of football suits him. Far more movement and tempo in the Arsenal teams. Same problem we’ve had with playmakers in the past like Kagawa.
LOL

Messi Lingard is showing Mkhitaryan how it's done. Despite fans crackpot theories attack players actually thrive under Mourinho because they are always given space on the counter attack.

Mkhi will be the exact player Arsenal are about; plays well when everything is rosey; a nothing player when things get tough.

LeftyBlaster

LOL

Messi Lingard is showing Mkhitaryan how it's done. Despite fans crackpot theories attack players actually thrive under Mourinho because they are always given space on the counter attack.

Mkhi will be the exact player Arsenal are about; plays well when everything is rosey; a nothing player when things get tough.
I think you’re forgetting how good he was at Dortmund.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I think you’re forgetting how good he was at Dortmund.
You mean under a positionally obsessed manager like Tuchel? You want to compare a micro manager like Tuchel with a manager like Wenger?

He was also shite like he is now under Klopp.

This guy has had two good seasons in his whole career, of which one was in a feeder league. He is 28 years old!

He is not a promising youngster, he is the player he is now, he will not develop any more.

Last edited:

Donsangre

I'm not sure Mkhitaryan will accept the swap, if indeed it's on the table.
Why shouldnt he? I get that he has a point to prove. But, hey. Of he gets the salary and the freedom in Arsenal, he will. He needs to prove to everyone that he is better than what everyone thinks of him. He will join Arsenal. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Trophy Room

Unpopular opinion.

I agree with you. If Arsenal get him, Malcom and Aubemeyang then they would have done very good business in my opinion.

haram

Unpopular opinion.

What style of football did Arsenal have today?

Utdstar01

Sad case. Thought he would be a cracking player for us but he seems to have a mental block there and he's definitely lost a couple yards of pace in the last year or so. No way he makes the run now that he did for his goal against Tottenham last season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a shame how it's gone for him here, but in only 1 1/2 seasons, he's had to have 2 pretty long spells out of the team sorting himself out.
We can't afford that.

And put even more simply, if we need to lose him to get Sanchez, it's not even a slight concern.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
LOL

Aargh would have loved for Mkhitaryan to thrive here (as we all would), but you’re spot on.

JMack1234

I do like Mhki and I have a good deal of respect for him because of how important he was to us when he won the Europa league.

However, this season he's been poor apart from those first few games he's been a shadow of himself and when it went to Old Trafford for the Southampton and Derby games it really felt like an ending. The fans sounded like they'd had enough of him and if we can use him to get Sanchez that's an amazing piece of business.

I think he'll do okay at Arsenal because he's an Arsenal player because he's inconsistent and I think a bit of bottler.

That said if he goes then I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.