g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Best #10 on our books and key player in what makes our 4231 tick. Great work rate and as soon as he gets the ball - namely during defence>attack transition - he's looking to drive the team up the pitch with pace making him a constant threat on the counter. Yeah he loses the ball more than others players but you kind of have to accept that with forward thinking flair players - it's high risk high reward stuff of fine margins. Hopefully Jose can polish him up on the shite decision though. Can do with fewer URGHH FFS during games :lol:

I would refrain from putting him out wide though. It's #10 or nothing.

Vaibhav Raj

For someone who is so productive and technically gifted, Mkhitaryan, a lot of times, can be so ridiculously casual with his dribbling and finishing. People find him frustrating not because they think he doesn't do well. I think it's more to do with the fact that we all want to see him control games with the kind of passing and dribbling abilities he has. Instead, we see him make bad decisions after bad decisions only to suddenly switch on and do something brilliant.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Reminds me a bit of berbatov in the way that they play so casually it almost looks like they're not putting in effort on the pitch. Which seems to irritate the premier league fan who is used to watching players burst their lungs out for 90 mins yet they seem to overlook his efficiency and importance to our attack. His style of play, always looking to make the killer pass in indusive to losing the ball which some can't seem to grasp. He's been way better than Mata yet gets way more criticism

MeUnited

Reminds me a bit of berbatov in the way that they play so casually it almost looks like they're not putting in effort on the pitch. Which seems to irritate the premier league fan who is used to watching players burst their lungs out for 90 mins yet they seem to overlook his efficiency and importance to our attack. His style of play, always looking to make the killer pass in indusive to losing the ball which some can't seem to grasp. He's been way better than Mata yet gets way more criticism
He is anything but efficient. He loses the ball 4 times out of 5, not through trying anything special, just by getting pushed off it within two touches or making an inaccurate pass, or letting it roll across his body straight to an opponent.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
He is anything but efficient. He loses the ball 4 times out of 5, not through trying anything special, just by getting pushed off it within two touches or making an inaccurate pass, or letting it roll across his body straight to an opponent.
The assist numbers speak for themselves. So do the chances created. He's obviously not without flaws, his dribbling is suspect as we saw how many times he lost the ball with his dribbling, but I don't see another one of our creative players create what he does. Mata goes missing for games at a time, Martial seems to only play well when off the bench, Rashford is inconsistent yet our most creative player gets the most stick I don't get it

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
For someone who is so productive and technically gifted, Mkhitaryan, a lot of times, can be so ridiculously casual with his dribbling and finishing. People find him frustrating not because they think he doesn't do well. I think it's more to do with the fact that we all want to see him control games with the kind of passing and dribbling abilities he has. Instead, we see him make bad decisions after bad decisions only to suddenly switch on and do something brilliant.
I agree but I think he's one of the few players we have capable of pulling off the magic needed to change games. I don't think he works all that well under instruction and much prefer him trying something different. I think every team needs one of them but worry Mourinho doesn't like the way how both him and Pogba can have license to roam. I think the discipline of other players more than makes up for it but I don't know if Mourinho agrees.

Vaibhav Raj

I agree but I think he's one of the few players we have capable of pulling off the magic needed to change games. I don't think he works all that well under instruction and much prefer him trying something different. I think every team needs one of them but worry Mourinho doesn't like the way how both him and Pogba can have license to roam. I think the discipline of other players more than makes up for it but I don't know if Mourinho agrees.
Which is why I am always happy for him to start despite the valid criticism he's been getting. It's a gurantee that he will rake up assists no matter how he plays (a bit like Di Maria in in his sole season with us). What agitates me (albeit slightly) is that I personally believe he's gifted in terms of dribbling and vision and has the potential to really control the games for us if he just starts focusing that little bit more, which I am sure he will eventually. Think Mourinho has shown a lot of belief in him too.

Natener

Really? What did you base that on? His 86% passing accuracy, 1.8 unsuccessful touches or 2.4 times dispossessed average per game?

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
He is an effective player. If he can create good chances with us scoring goals from them. He should be in the side, no doubt. He wasn't bought to play safe.

Donsangre

Really? What did you base that on? His 86% passing accuracy, 1.8 unsuccessful touches or 2.4 times dispossessed average per game?
He is just one of those whinnies:) Just watch His highlights for the last several games. He lost a couple of times during the last game but only because we were winning and he was trying to do something new, which didn't work, but we won and that's why it does not matter.
Watched the highlights again. He could do a little better in the second half. I still don't see a problem, he had 3-4 players on him every time he lost it (3 times where he could've passed but decided not to), except for a misplaced pass. I think, he was trying to be a Messi))

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Whys he so sloppy with the ball? He gets into good positions a lot and then gets stuck with the ball at his feet.
I wouldnt say he's sloppy as such, he looks indecisive and seems to take an extra touch when he should release it. Very frustrating and could create a lot more if he played it sooner.

Obiorahking_

I don't get the sudden indecisiveness he is showing all of a sudden. In all of our previous games the moment he gets onto the ball in space he is playing someone through. We need that Miki today

acnumber9

Highlights player without the highlights so far. He's fecked up every opportunity he's had with shit decision after shit decision.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Could have been at least another goal up if he had managed to get the ball away, but he either dallied or took a heavy touch and lost the ball. Frustrating, but I wouldn't bet against him getting it spot on at some point.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Needs to be on it for the full 90 mins. Getting slightly fed up with his inconsistent performances. I like the lad but he's got to do more imho.

mu4c_20le

He plays like a kid, our Miki. Unfortunately that's just how he is, don't see him changing much at this stage of his career.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The kind of player that makes you pull your hair out.
Would never realise he's a seasoned pro. He plays like a kid.
So frustrating. From sublime to rubbish in an instant.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Highlights player without the highlights so far. He's fecked up every opportunity he's had with shit decision after shit decision.
Yep. He's been especially shite today. Some decision making has been daft.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not playing well, though he usually produces something when I say that......

finneh

He's a real weakness in our attack. Mata should play centrally and Martial should be on the left with Rashford on the right.

Should be an impact player from the bench.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The kind of player that makes you pull your hair out.
Would never realise he's a seasoned pro. He plays like a kid.
So frustrating. From sublime to rubbish in an instant.
It's mostly rubbish, though

Castia

Why does he always hit the ball at the defender and hope he gets a nutmeg? Fecking infuriating.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He has this habit of scoring/assisting when playing shit... shouldn't mask the fact he was really poor today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Stat padding on a level not seen since Rooney left United! :lol:

Traub

He has this habit of scoring/assisting when playing shit... shouldn't mask the fact he was really poor today.
Yeah he does. It's weird tho, because ultimately he is still adding value to the team.

Nick.

I think he will be a useful squad player but he's not first XI material for an elite side. We just don't currently have anybody better.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
Remember the way Cantona / Van Nistelrooy / Ibrahimovic would do the square root of sod all for 89 minutes, and then either score or set up a vital goal? That's Mkhitaryan for you.

Actually, with a return like his (even if he doesn't always play fantastically), is there a case for making him the new #7?

Status
Not open for further replies.