Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Keeps scoring and assisting while out of form? Ill take it

But i hope we can see the best of him soon

Footballsaurus

One of the few United player that does not deserve criticism.
Yeah. I don't understand critism.

Remember the way Cantona / Van Nistelrooy / Ibrahimovic would do the square root of sod all for 89 minutes, and then either score or set up a vital goal? That's Mkhitaryan for you.

Actually, with a return like his (even if he doesn't always play fantastically), is there a case for making him the new #7?
Yeah. I don't get the critism. For this game complaining he doesn't deliver then he scores a goal to kill the game then some say he should be bench player? It is unusual unless there are paid trolls here?

Obiorahking_

Its amazing how Miki can easily mask a poor outing with a big time play. He did in the Europa League final aswell after having a shocker in the first half before biking it to make it 2-0 after half time.

At the end of the day, the goal is all that matters

Utdstar01

It was annoying because he had 2/3 crucial chances to create a 1v1 or score himself in the first half when it could've been much easier for us. Wasn't too bad in the last 15 minutes of the game though, kept trying.

Skills

Snitch
Last season we were 'playing well' but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Now they're calling to drop the most productive player in the league.

Hed Zitin

Again over the course of the game he was dire, but he got a goal so we role on.

We need way more over 90 mins than him and Mata are offering. They should be contributing in the final third far more often. They make us less exciting because of it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Outside of the goal it was a thoroughly frustrating performance. Over dribbling, missing through ball chances etc. I guess the brightside is that we're most likely to get Griezmann in that role next season.

el3mel

Nice goal but won't cover his absolute shite performance and selfishness today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The major problem I have with him is how long he takes to release the ball. It's infuriating.

mu4c_20le

Its amazing how Miki can easily mask a poor outing with a big time play. He did in the Europa League final aswell after having a shocker in the first half before biking it to make it 2-0 after half time.

At the end of the day, the goal is all that matters
Not just the final, but the entire europa run, he has had games like this but still managed to score and drag us to the final.

izec

Mourinho keeps playing him, could easily bench him for Lingard or Martial. I think he could do with a break here and there, but generally should play. Good player and it is a game of numbers. If Mkhi can score 10 and assist 15 goals this season, fantastic.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Glad he scored a goal, but his overall performance was awful. He really needs to learn to release the ball earlier.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Outside of the goal it was a thoroughly frustrating performance. Over dribbling, missing through ball chances etc. I guess the brightside is that we're most likely to get Griezmann in that role next season.
Whats the bright side to 1 goal and 6 assists in 7 games? How many players could actually rack those numbers up?

I really dont get the criticism from some. It was literally the opposite last season where we struggled for productivity. This season, our No. 10 is doing exactly what we have missed for, god knows, how long and its frowned upon??

Dave46

Mike shuts you guys. Calling absolute shit performance is stupid, really.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Could have been at least another goal up if he had managed to get the ball away, but he either dallied or took a heavy touch and lost the ball. Frustrating, but I wouldn't bet against him getting it spot on at some point.
Called it. :cool:

Dave46

7.96 rating on who scored. Can somebody post his passing and other details to witness that absolute, horrible performance?

Home&Away

I feel like mata and mlkhitarayn get in each other's way - Mhikitarayan becomes much better when mata leaves for the bench. Saying that; mlkhitarayn when he starts by himself doesn't control the game in the final third for us like mata does.

Both great players but I don't feel they help each other out & they would be absolutely wonderful if they were one player.

It's the one difference between us and some of the other top clubs in the PL; we lack a single playmaker that can do the job of both mata and mlkhitarayn in de bruyne, eriksen, silva etc.

Dir Wangem

I don't get the criticism. He has 5 assists and 1 goal already, ffs.

The no.10 position is the hardest position on the field. There should be room for some silly mistakes, as long as chances, assists and goals keep rolling in.

Last edited:

AXVnee7

I don't get the criticism. He has 5 goals and 1 assist already, ffs.

The no.10 position is the hardest position on the field. There should be room for some silly mistakes, as long as chances, assists and goals keep rolling in.
5 assists and 1 goal :p

But I agree he is producing. Personally I think there is room for improvement in a couple of areas. First off that he seems to have a habit of letting the ball run when it's passed to him only to then get shrugged off the ball too easily, and secondly is lingering on the ball too long when he needs to make a decision and execute quicker. He is very much like all our attackers at the moment phasing in and out of the game at various moments. But such is the quality in that when he's switched on, he is putting numbers up.

pacifictheme

In the attacking third hes our best player but occasionally he does risky stuff in the wrong areas. A poorer game today but he tries high risk high reward stuff, so hes bound to frustrate. If he continues his current stats all season he'll be a potential poty though. Brilliant start to the season.

Devil81

Gives the ball away far too easily at times, I wish Mourinho would get him to release the ball earlier in our half of the field.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Keeps running into defenders or even groups of defenders. Often instead of an obvious attacking pass.
If he sorts that out he could be a really great player to watch, because he clearly has ability.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Hate to pick on him again but with a bit more decisiveness he can be so much better , just doesn't release the ball fast enough so many times

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he'll get it right eventually and at least he is producing, this time last year he couldn't even get in the starting XI.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Sometimes he held on to ball rather than passing and lost possession but his ability to turn simple passes into counter attacks is very good. Shame about his final passes.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
His first touch has been quite poor lately and he is always over dribbling and losing the ball instead of playing the pass. He needs to get his head up more often and unleash the killer ball. If he did that he would have more assists than he already does.

Dante

Average bang
I feel like mata and mlkhitarayn get in each other's way - Mhikitarayan becomes much better when mata leaves for the bench. Saying that; mlkhitarayn when he starts by himself doesn't control the game in the final third for us like mata does.

Both great players but I don't feel they help each other out & they would be absolutely wonderful if they were one player.

It's the one difference between us and some of the other top clubs in the PL; we lack a single playmaker that can do the job of both mata and mlkhitarayn in de bruyne, eriksen, silva etc.
I agree with this.

Eddy_JukeZ

Typical Mkhi performance.

This is the norm for him.

Can't complain with that production though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Keeps scoring and assisting while out of form? Ill take it

But i hope we can see the best of him soon
I don't recall one game this season where he's actually played that well, but his goal scoring and assisting stats are fantastic.

SteveW

Playing absolutely horribly but scoring and assisting. Strange player

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
For a player I don't like, he is really impressed me today. Funny people complaining about a 10 being dispossessed. If he is not getting dispossessed it'll mean he is not getting into dangerous enough areas or trying to make game deciding passes.
All the things people are complaining about would have been an issue if he was a CM.

Last edited:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I want players who are productive and contributing to goals scored.

So far his wastefulness hasn't cost us anything in terms of points, and his productivity last season arguably got us in the CL.

As others say, it's weird. He's also weirdly entertaining and frustrating. Can't argue with what he's putting on paper though. His numbers are helping us maintain top spot (joint for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.