g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave46

Here's my issue with Mkhitaryan so far: he doesn't kills teams, he beats them when they're already dead. The rest of the time, his influence on our play is too peripheral for a player in his position. He has the potential to improve in both scenarios, but there's not enough evidence up till now to conclude that he will.
Your issue is your biased approach from day 1.
So you don't consider second goal as a killer?

Dante

Average bang
Your issue is your biased approach from day 1.
So you don't consider second goal as a killer?
I have 11,000+ posts on this forum and the vast majority of them contain the word 'system'. I have no bias for or against any player, I just assess them according to how I think they'll function in the team or with each other.

Read my post. I've judged him by what he's done, but want to see more composure before I'm convinced. That's just about as open-ended as you can get.

Dave46

I have 11,000+ posts on this forum and the vast majority of them contain the word 'system'. I have no bias for or against any player, I just assess them according to how I think they'll function in the team or with each other.

Read my post. I've judged him by what he's done, but want to see more composure before I'm convinced. That's just about as open-ended as you can get.
Number of posts means nothing if one makes up his mind about a certain player.

Dante

Average bang
Number of posts means nothing if one makes up his mind about a certain player.
Here's my issue with Mkhitaryan so far: he doesn't kills teams, he beats them when they're already dead. The rest of the time, his influence on our play is too peripheral for a player in his position. He has the potential to improve in both scenarios, but there's not enough evidence up till now to conclude that he will.
He has the potential to improve in both scenarios, but there's not enough evidence up till now to conclude that he will.
but there's not enough evidence up till now to conclude that he will.
not enough evidence up till now
Yeah. I've totally made my mind up.

Dante

Average bang
You should post you previous comments. Always negative.
I'm not going to spam this thread just to make you feel better. But, by all means, search through what I've posted. There's a mixture of positive and negative in there. But in almost every case, there's hopefulness that he can make it everything click.

Dave46

From my 591 posts, only on was somewhat critical of Lingard, something like, "he does move around well". I don't know what it would take me to criticize the most productive player of the team after 4:0 win, where he did kill Everton with his second goal.

Dante

Average bang
From my 591 posts, only on was somewhat critical of Lingard, something like, "he does move around well". I don't know what it would take me to criticize the most productive player of the team after 4:0 win, where he did kill Everton with his second goal.
I won't apologise for having more insight than you.

Dave46

I won't apologise for having more insight than you.
So say Miki does not change. He does his risky passing, runs onto defenders sometimes, but finishes with 15 assists and 10 goals in the league. Would you be ok with that? And speaking of the system, Miki is very much system oriented. He has the tools.

Dante

Average bang
So say, Miki does not change. He does his risky passing, runs onto defenders sometimes, but finishes with 15 assists and 10 goals in the league. Would you be ok with that? And speaking of the system, Miki is very much system oriented. He has the tools.
Yes, a different, more open system. He's yet to show he can adapt to a patient, defensive system like the one United operate for the first 75 minutes of every match.

He does have the tools. Almost every single post I make about him praises him for it. Why are you ignoring that? Now he needs to start putting that together for the entire 90 minutes for me to be fully convinced.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
As a neutral it is astonishing seeing Henrikh Mkhitaryan's average rating is a 6.5 on here :lol: the guy is an integral part of United's great start to the season.

Footballsaurus

Against Everton he had the second goal? Are you claiming he should be scoring more goals? But his role is more as a playmaker? Also, if stats are meaningless, couldn't you extend same argument to all players in the history of football? When do stats matter and when do they not? Can you provide an exact rule when you can leverage stats to claim and when can you not? If Antion Greizmann had a bad season would he be shit in your eyes?

This opens up an interesting Segway (mods please move my post to another place where you think it fits). So, suppose HM has better stars than Antione Greizmann at season end (or January), would you still pay $200 mil release clause for AG? Also, do you think HM would stay as a super sub? I bet you if AG is bought he will leave MU (probably to Juve as Riola has strong connections there).

I think most are anticipating an AG move and are comparing every attacker in the team to an unproven EPL player (AG). That is my opinion. I just say unproven as it is not clear how successful an unproven EPL player will be as past history has indicated that a top player in non-EPL could struggle (e.g. Angel Dimarie). So, it's going to be a good season this year possibly but MU may have to gamble if they go with AG for HM (supposing he keeps form) or any other attacker on team.

No time is being for any MU team to coalesce. They speak of a MU "core", but no core is being allowed to develop.

Yes, AG release clause was supposedly raised since Barca made a move for $125 mil. It will be back down in January.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What do you mean by bold part? That he doesn't impact games when it's tight and only scores or assists when the game is already won?

Vs West Ham - Assisted 2nd and 3rd goal when the score was 1-0
Vs Swansea - Assisted 2nd and 3rd goal when the score was 1-0
Vs Leicester - Assisted first goal.
Vs Stoke - Rashford scored from Mkhitaryan's corner and second goal Lukaku scored, Mkhitaryan created the chance.
Vs Everton - Scored 2nd goal when the score was 1-0.

It's very clear that Mkhitaryan played decisive role in very league game so far. If this isn't killing teams when the game is tight then what is?

Godfather

As a neutral it is astonishing seeing Henrikh Mkhitaryan's average rating is a 6.5 on here :lol: the guy is an integral part of United's great start to the season.
He gets stick albeit being one of our biggest matchwinners so far this season. It's strange

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's probably he looks great in highlights, but has been very "on and off". Some games he has deserved a low rating despite getting good numbers.

Siorac

It's because he's the type of player who can be invisible or even downright detrimental to the team for 80 minutes and then pop up with a goal or an assist out of nowhere. He can be quite frustrating to watch sometimes because you know he's capable of spectacular things so you're excited when he gets on the ball - only for him to give it away cheaply or get dispossessed or run into a defender...

Still, a goal and five assists so far is not too shabby.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
What do you mean by bold part? That he doesn't impact games when it's tight and only scores or assists when the game is already won?

Vs Stoke - Rashford scored from Mkhitaryan's corner and second goal Lukaku scored, Mkhitaryan created the chance.

It's very clear that Mkhitaryan played decisive role in very league game so far. If this isn't killing teams when the game is tight then what is?
Aye, agreed. Was a bit of a odd thing to criticise him about, especially in this productive moment in time.

Dante

Average bang

He deserves credit for all of those assists/goal. But it's clear from watching games that he doesn't impose himself on matches like the best #10s do (which is surely the standard we should be aiming for).

He's had 6 contributions so far this season. 4 have been after minute 80 when we've already been leading and the other team has started getting stretched. The other 2 have come from set-pieces. Again, all of that is credit-worthy, but it's not enough of a sign that he deserves to be in the upper echelons of playmakers. He can improve, but he needs to open up teams to be convincing. Matt Ritchie is one assist behind, but he hasn't shown enough to be classed as a top player yet either.

I've been very hopeful in every post about the fact he can do it. He simply hasn't done enough when the games have been tight yet.

Dave46

He deserves credit for all of those assists/goal. But it's clear from watching games that he doesn't impose himself on matches like the best #10s do (which is surely the standard we should be aiming for).

He's had 6 contributions so far this season. 4 have been after minute 80 when we've already been leading and the other team has started getting stretched. The other 2 have come from set-pieces. Again, all of that is credit-worthy, but it's not enough of a sign that he deserves to be in the upper echelons of playmakers. He can improve, but he needs to open up teams to be convincing. Matt Ritchie is one assist behind, but he hasn't shown enough to be classed as a top player yet either.

I've been very hopeful in every post about the fact he can do it. He simply hasn't done enough when the games have been tight yet.
You do realize that he is at his best in an open, fast moving game. He is not technical tight spaces dribbling 10, but that does not mean he is not effective by stretching the defense, linking up, etc.

Anduin

Slightly off topic, but 6.5 is actually a very good average rating. I seem to remember last year my highest rated player was Romero with 6.8, and he had a cracking season. Expectations are high, and Miki for all his worth can easily split opinions with his performances IMHO.

Dante

Average bang
You do realize that he is at his best in an open, fast moving game. He is not technical tight spaces dribbling 10, but that does not mean he is not effective by stretching the defense, linking up, etc.
I very much realise that. I also realise that's not the system Mourinho employs.

I have no issue with Mkitaryan's top level. I only have an in issue with his average level in this team. I want him to raise his average level to try and meet his top level, if possible. I'm just not convinced he can get close.

Dave46

I very much realise that. I also realise that's not the system Mourinho employs.

I have no issue with Mkitaryan's top level. I only have an in issue with his average level in this team. I want him to raise his average level to try and meet his top level, if possible. I'm just not convinced he can get close.
What system does Jose employ? He has been a counter attacking coach by large and Miki fits into that system. Now, you may want Isco like 10, fine, but Miki would never play in that style.

Dave46

Typical Mkhitaryan-hater.
Dude, there are players that have certain style. Isco, Kagawa, Mata and a few others do better at tight spaces. Miki is not one of them. He had some difficulties against parked busses at Dortmund too. But he is a very good counter attacking player, who can always connect with a right pass, stretch the defense with his runs and so on.
Now, if you don't like his style, fine, you can say that he is not a right 10 for the team. But to come out and say that he has been average this season is not right. He was the most productive player in the preseason, 3 goals and 3 assists, and he carried that form into the league with 1 goal and 5 assists.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Dude, there are players that have certain style. Isco, Kagawa, Mata and a few others do better at tight spaces. Miki is not one of them. He had some difficulties against parked busses at Dortmund too. But he is a very good counter attacking player, who can always connect with a right pass, stretch the defense with his runs and so on.
Now, if you don't like his style, fine, you can say that he is not a right 10 for the team. But to come out and say that he has been average this season is not right. He was the most productive player in the preseason, 3 goals and 3 assists, and he carried that form into the league with 1 goal and 5 assists.
So you agree with me, then. He's great in open games, but needs to step it up in the kind of tight defensive games that Mourinho sets out for.

So you agree with me, then. He's great in open games, but needs to step it up in the kind of tight defensive games that Mourinho sets out for.
Since when did Mourinho like tight defensive games for our attack? He likes to draw the opposition out and break quickly on an open pitch, which is perfect for Miki.

Dante

Average bang
Since when did Mourinho like tight defensive games for our attack? He likes to draw the opposition out and break quickly on an open pitch, which is perfect for Miki.
Games open up in the last 10 minutes. That's when Mkhitaryan is great. He's nowhere near as influential in open play before that. I want him to show he can be. I think he has the potential.

haram

Games open up in the last 10 minutes. That's when Mkhitaryan is great. He's nowhere near as influential in open play before that. I want him to show he can be. I think he has the potential.
I just think he struggles with tighter physical play. I agree he is much better on counter attacks where there is space for him to skip past people.

Sigma

Another game where he really hasn't been that good but will probably score or assist in the 2nd half.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He should count himself lucky for the assists he pulls out of the hat, because for general play he should be the first guy on the bench.

Just fecking release the ball quickly for once.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Seems to waste some good opportunities but he hasn't been too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.