Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Counter-attacks which he often instigates. He's not infallible, players will make mistakes in those positions - making the correct decision playing at the level of speed and intensity isn't particularly easy, you know. It's sort of similar to people getting angry at strikers for not scoring every chance when the average conversion rate is about 20% odd.

wr8_utd

:'(
Another poor performance which he'll cap with an assist or two after 80 mins.

el3mel

He's really good today. Just don't understand his obsession with doing nutmegs, though.

NinjaFletch

Typical Mkhitaryan performance which will mean a typical goal or assist in the second half.

fecked up 2 or 3 fantastic counter attacks, if he was brilliant well your standards are fecking low.
He's not the problem, he's been decent. Lukaku and Rashford are both making straight, predictable runs and getting in each other's way. One of them needs to pull the defence away for the other.

izec

He is one of the reasons we have counter attacks in the first place. If everything clicked, he would be one of the best players in the league. There is a reason Jose plays him every time

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doing fine. Some sloppy passes, but always being a key part in our attack with his turns and touches. People will be annoyed with him because he has sloppy moments but hes so instrumental in our play, both offensively and defensively.

Akshay

Staff
Doing fine. Some sloppy passes, but always being a key part in our attack with his turns and touches. People will be annoyed with him because he has sloppy moments but hes so instrumental in our play, both offensively and defensively.
Yep, he's the outlet for our counter-attacks, Jones and Matic are always looking for him. Has been a bit sloppy so far, but nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With the amount of promising positions he found himself in during that 1st half we should expect more. He should have a short leash in the 2nd half IMO.
Take him off and our attacking play will go to shit and we just wont have counter attacks. People dont realize that even though he fecks up his final ball occasionally, his movement, touches, work rate and two footedness is key to Mourinhos tactics.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

I’m not watching the game, I’ll catch it later but you guys are painting a very different picture to what’s generally on Twitter and other social media.

automaticflare

He's not the problem, he's been decent. Lukaku and Rashford are both making straight, predictable runs and getting in each other's way. One of them needs to pull the defence away for the other.
Straight runs by forwards were really the problem when he booted the ball straight out of play yeah

AshRK

Needs to do much better than that. He needs 4 chances to get it right. In big games he has to be more clinical with his decision making.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Doesn't play the right pass on the counter often enough.

AR87

Take him off and our attacking play will go to shit and we just wont have counter attacks. People dont realize that even though he fecks up his final ball occasionally, his movement, touches, work rate and two footedness is key to Mourinhos tactics.
This may even be true though, I don't believe it, but he simply has to produce more than he did in that first half considering the positions he got himself into. Getting yourself there is only half the battle.

He's proven multiple times this season that if you give him a full 90 he'll produce something though, so if you want to err on that side I'd understand. I get extremely frustrated with his decision making at times tbh. I feel he always tries to cut straight through the middle be it with his dribble or a pass instead of laying it off to wide options at optimal times.

Just my two cents.

Footballsaurus

He is doing good. He is key to MU attack. It's his role to take chances. The conversion rate should be the focus. He would have had one more assist to his 5 if they counted the Lukaku goal that he initial missed when Mkhi assisted (previous game).

Another thing to consider, Jose would have had sold him this past summer if Mhki was not performing. For what MU paid for him (25 mil) they would have stood to make a profit. If my job and honor was on the line (versus Pep), the first position I would fill is #10. Second, they could always rely on Mata if Mkhi was shit. Seeing as this didn't occur, Mkhi's performance must be really good and MU is very satisfied starting him given Mata as an option. Again, I think most comments resonate from too much FIFA.

Was he the one who fecked up that late counter attack with that ridiculously overpower volley pass ?
So let me get this straight, you are commenting on performance and you can't even sort out who did what in the game?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not having a great game but will probably grab an assist or two by the end of the game.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
His decision making has been utterly woeful this game. Feck me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is doing good. He is key to MU attack. It's his role to take chances. The conversion rate should be the focus. He would have had one more assist to his 5 if they counted the Lukaku goal that he initial missed when Mkhi assisted (previous game).

Another thing to consider, Jose would have had sold him this past summer if Mhki was not performing. For what MU paid for him (25 mil) they would have stood to make a profit. If my job and honor was on the line (versus Pep), the first position I would fill is #10. Second, they could always rely on Mata if Mkhi was shit. Seeing as this didn't occur, Mkhi's performance must be really good and MU is very satisfied starting him given Mata as an option. Again, I think most comments resonate from too much FIFA.

So let me get this straight, you are commenting on performance and you can't even sort out who did what in the game?
I did only ask a question after all :rolleyes: , better to directly assuming no ?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good, I thought for a moment he has something on Mourinho.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Doesn't even provide the defensive work Mata does. Once those late goals and assists dry up, questions are going to be asked of him.

el3mel

I still think he was good in the first half, but became absolute shite in the second one, though.

Esquire

Very very poor today. Poor decisions and despite buffing up so lightweight on the ball. I like him but he's got to have better ball retention as a no. 10.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Despite his assists so far I am certain we would look like a better team with him on the bench and Mata or Pogba in that advanced role.

Status
Not open for further replies.