Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
One moment when he created Lukaku's chance in the 2nd half, otherwise rather disappointing.
Even that wasn't anything special in all fairness, any attacker worth his salt could have made that pass.

Still I prefer him over Mata if one of them has to be dropped.

Yagami

Good post resistant
One of the most annoying players I've ever watched. Him and Mata need upgrading bad.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Pretty much the same frustrating performance with his poor decision making as in previous games, just didn't get an assist to save his blushes.

He just isn't that good.

Rajma

We're coming into the territory where I almost rather see Lingard. In fact, we should try Rashford behind the Lukaku as an experiment, really think it could work well and Martial can occupy the left hand side.

ti vu

We're coming into the territory where I almost rather see Lingard. In fact, we should try Rashford behind the Lukaku as an experiment, really think it could work well and Martial can occupy the left hand side.
I don't see Rashford with Lukaku centrally would work. Agree that Mkhi is annoyingly crawl closer to being benched for his lackluster performance. Mata as no 10 and Lingard on the right wouldn't be bad

izec

I don't see Rashford with Lukaku centrally would work. Agree that Mkhi is annoyingly crawl closer to being benched for his lackluster performance. Mata as no 10 and Lingard on the right wouldn't be bad
Rashford on the right, Martial on the left is what i want to see.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why is he getting so much game time and Martial has to bust his gut to get 15 minutes?? He really has been disappointing. I'd rather see Fellaini on the pitch than Mkhitaryan at the moment, which says a lot.

ti vu

Why is he getting so much game time and Martial has to bust his gut to get 15 minutes?? He really has been disappointing. I'd rather see Fellaini on the pitch than Mkhitaryan at the moment, which says a lot.
Because he has been productive with his end ball until today in no 10 role. Martial can be good as left wing forward, but Rashford ain't far off and offered different dimension. Mata strangely lack end product this season so Mkhi has not had enough competition for his position. This could be changing now if he continues this kind of performance while his end product dries up.

Silverman

He is struggling a bit, he loses the ball and takes the wrong option too often. However, his pace and dribbling is a big asset when we counter attack even if his decision making isn't great. Hopefully he finds his feet as the season goes on.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Because he has been productive with his end ball until today in no 10 role. Martial can be good as left wing forward, but Rashford ain't far off and offered different dimension. Mata strangely lack end product this season so Mkhi has not had enough competition for his position. This could be changing now if he continues this kind of performance while his end product dries up.
He's been poor for most of the season. The odd flash of brilliance and assist is what has been saving his ass this season. I'm just saying that Martial has been playing out of his skin this season. For me he's been better than Rashford, yet he still has to prove himself for a starting place.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Any Dortmund fans here?

If so, was he like this in Germany?

For me, he is often incredibly frustrating to watch and certainly not the player I thought / hoped he would be.

Robertd0803

No middle ground with him really is there? Either he is assisting and scoring or he makes you want to scream in frustration.

ti vu

He's been poor for most of the season. The odd flash of brilliance and assist is what has been saving his ass this season. I'm just saying that Martial has been playing out of his skin this season. For me he's been better than Rashford, yet he still has to prove himself for a starting place.
Let's not start Rashford vs Martial debate in this thread. It's up to personal opinion

My point was that Mkhi position is not as competitive due to Mata not being productive enough this season. Beside Mata, there is no alternative unless changing the whole approach by doing away with play maker behind forward tactic. Mourinho always prefers a no 10.

Any Dortmund fans here?

If so, was he like this in Germany?

For me, he is often incredibly frustrating to watch and certainly not the player I thought / hoped he would be.
Not Dortmund fan, but he seems to be similar to Ozil that he is not the one who run the game, but the cutting edge on a well oiled team.

Donsangre

Drop Mkhi, drop Mata, Drop Lukaku, Drop them all and bring Ronaldo, Grizmann, Bale, zidane. Sack the whole team. We suck!!!
Morata is the best and of course de bruyne is number 1 in the world. How did i forget about those. For gods sake. In every players forum there is criticism. You guys have nothing else to do? If we had lost, id say,ok, criticise. Whats the point when we are winning?

Last edited:

Donsangre

One of the most boring games I ve ever watched. One thing that i couldnt understand.why in the heck southhampton had so much ball. We were so bad coming off defense.
You critisize Mkhi, id say he barely had anything to do in the game, par a couple of runs ans passes where there wasnt much of a continuation. Very bad linkup play from everyone. It felt like united were playing Madrid. Game won, moving to the next.

AdnanRED

He frustrates me a lot when he tries to ran past a fullback pacier than himself or when hes in the final third and wants to nutmeg a player, I would rather he held it a bit and try play Lukaku or a player coming right or just take the shot.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That one occasion when he had Lukaku to his right and Rashford to his left and played Lukaku through was the wrong decision. A stupid decision.

Donsangre

That one occasion when he had Lukaku to his right and Rashford to his left and played Lukaku through was the wrong decision. A stupid decision.
You wouldnt be saying that if Lukaku scored or passed back to Mkhi for Mkhi to score. Its a ball game, bad or good decisions are relative.

Atze-Peng

Dortmund Fan
Not Dortmund fan, but he seems to be similar to Ozil that he is not the one who run the game, but the cutting edge on a well oiled team.

You are correct. He isn't a playmaker in terms of changing a game just by his mere presence, but he is an insane scorer and tactically smart. That being said - he always had periods where he was utter shit even despite scoring. And then he has games that are absolute bonkers at everything going well.

Ashley R1+O

I had thought it in regards to Martial that he is a 'Fifa Loading Screen' player. Where he wants to just restart getting the ball in attack on a break over and over again. It is similar to Martial being played in on the break with players to beat around the area. These players want to do just one thing as their bread and butter over and over but the rest of the football doesn't quite come together in unision.

I know it is a harsh way to view it but it is the only explanation I can give, he does some parts of the overall 90 minutes really well and they are right in his comfort zone and then there are some parts where you wonder how he is a professional footballer, even if that is being a little hyperbolic. Namely above like the 50/50's, this is the PL and if you can't bulk up and keep the ball with a player at your back in tight spaces then you aren't going to thrive as a playmaker in the PL. It is as simple as that, there is still time for Mkhi though.

Hope he doesn't start the next game
Against Palace? I expect he will, and he should. In the 10 role where he is allowed to lose the ball he shines. Against Palace he will have a lot of space and little pressure.

ManuMou

He frustrates me a lot when he tries to ran past a fullback pacier than himself or when hes in the final third and wants to nutmeg a player, I would rather he held it a bit and try play Lukaku or a player coming right or just take the shot.
Agree. He took risk and failed. Unfortunately, that's what separate a good #10 from a bad one.

He better starts regaining his form, otherwise Jose will surely drop him sooner or later. He shouldn't have any complaint this time because Jose has been playing him in his favourite position #10.

Last edited:

AndyJ1985

Agree. He took risk and failed. Unfortunately, that's what separate a good #10 from a bad one.

He better starts regaining his form, otherwise Jose will surely drop him sooner or later. He shouldn't have any complaint this time because Jose has been playing him in his favourite position #10.
Regain what form? He's playing pretty much the same now as he was last season. He's just not that good unfortunately.

Lentwood

I can understand why posters are frustrated at Mhiki, I saw him play for Dortmund a few times and thought "this guy is incredibly wasteful" and my opinion hasn't changed much. However....

What I will say in his defence is that Mhiki tries things. OK they don't always come off and OK sometimes you wish he wouldn't try to nutmeg people in our own half etc...etc...but still, one moment of magic leading to a 1-0 win could be the difference between 1st/2nd/3rd place.

I am often highly critical of Mata on here for exactly the opposite reason. Very safe player, very technically sound, rarely loses the ball but spends the majority of the game passing the ball backwards and can't carry the ball forward at all - something Mhiki does have in his locker. Therefore it would be hypocritical of me to be too harsh on Mhiki for doing what I criticise Mata for not doing.

Ultimately though, we need an upgrade on both so roll on AG#7 and whoever else Jose has up his sleeve!

shield

Noticed this thing about him that he can't actually dribble that well. He can move it neatly when given space, and has good close control, but if he is crowded then he just tries to nutmeg them, or knock it ahead and hope that the ball has cleared the players. Like, Sanchez, Martial, Coutinho (even Mata ) can actually change the direction of the ball and hence beat their man. Whenever I have seen Mikhi being challenged, he simply pushes the ball ahead and then mostly loses it by getting overpowered.

Redlyn

I've decided I've seen enough to come to a conclusion. He is not good enough for us. Too many attacks just die at his feet and he is lightweight. We need a better no 10 to compete at the highest level.

Donsangre

I've decided I've seen enough to come to a conclusion. He is not good enough for us. Too many attacks just die at his feet and he is lightweight. We need a better no 10 to compete at the highest level.
I think Jose will read your post and drop Mkhi from the next game.

BigCaine

Drop Mkhi, drop Mata, Drop Lukaku, Drop them all and bring Ronaldo, Grizmann, Bale, zidane. Sack the whole team. We suck!!!
Morata is the best and of course de bruyne is number 1 in the world. How did i forget about those. For gods sake. In every players forum there is criticism. You guys have nothing else to do? If we had lost, id say,ok, criticise. Whats the point when we are winning?
So now we can only criticize if we lose, thanks for clearing that up. It's funny how people are pardoning yesterday's performance with we won or winning while being poor is show character bs.

Fact is that was a rubbish performance and mkhi was an integral part of why it was rubbish. We played much of the second half like a relegation fodder team that used to come to OT under Fergie and hang on for dear life. But hey don't criticize that we won.

Mkhi has been this season's shit version of Zlatan, look at his stats they look wonderful look at performance and you see he has been rubbish. The amount of times he runs with the ball into 2-3 players trying to dribble his way out and loses the ball doing it is unbelievable, he needs to be told he isn't messi stop acting like he is.

Frankly he needs to be dropped for martial, play mata as no 10 or better go with mf 3 until pogba's back because he is proving a massive liability to the team with his performances regardless of his assists.

Donsangre

So now we can only criticize if we lose, thanks for clearing that up. It's funny how people are pardoning yesterday's performance with we won or winning while being poor is show character bs.

Fact is that was a rubbish performance and mkhi was an integral part of why it was rubbish. We played much of the second half like a relegation fodder team that used to come to OT under Fergie and hang on for dear life. But hey don't criticize that we won.

Mkhi has been this season's shit version of Zlatan, look at his stats they look wonderful look at performance and you see he has been rubbish. The amount of times he runs with the ball into 2-3 players trying to dribble his way out and loses the ball doing it is unbelievable, he needs to be told he isn't messi stop acting like he is.

Frankly he needs to be dropped for martial, play mata as no 10 or better go with mf 3 until pogba's back because he is proving a massive liability to the team with his performances regardless of his assists.
Lol. Lots of teams wish to have a liability like him. The team played shit and I dont have an explanation. But saying "hey Mkhi it was your fault" is wrong. It was a boring physical game. We just gave the ball away in the second half. I dont even wanna talk about all the players who were shit in the game. We won a bad played game, let move on. Im pretty sure the coach will figure it out. Whatever you say here wont change shit. 2/3rds on this forum have never even kicked a real ball here in their life and yet talk like they are pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.