5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

He's been excellent in both our CL games too.
True he was. I thought both opponents were so poor though. Interesting to see how he does when the opposing teams give us a test you'd expect in the ECL. Then I think we can judge if he's suited to europe or just playing better due to a lower standard.

I don't really know anything about Benfica but from what I've read they're not particularly good.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
True he was. I though both opponents were so poor though. Interesting to see how he does when the opposing teams give us a test you'd expect in the ECL. Then I think we can judge if he's suited to europe or just playing better due to a lower standard.

I don't really know anything about Benfica but from what I've read they're not particularly good.
Just exchanged emails with a colleague of mine from Portugal who will be at the game tonight. She said “we are in terrible shape”. Which is encouraging. Now watch us make hard work of it!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Honestly, happy for him to go at the end of the season if he doesn't improve to the consistent standard we need.

He's not a Martial who can survive seasons of not doing much because they're young and could be incredible.

He's in a crucial position that dictates what our chances are like and plays a major part in the intensity of a game. Someone world class here changes the way others play.

Good player, but not delivering enough at the moment.

Emrethis

Good player but too often the game passes him by and he struggles to impose himself on the game. It feels like he's always chasing the game.

That being said, he has racked up the goals and assists this season. But I'd like to see someone else have a go at no 10, just to see whether its the player, or whether the tactics make it difficult for a no 10 to operate. If he doesn't perform for the next few games, maybe we can try lingard or mata in the no 10 role and see how they perform.

There's potentially a very good player here. I hope he makes it.

Footballsaurus

This thread is still going on? It's like a week past Liverpool game.

He's 28 ffs. When you want him to settle down? When he's 30?
I wouldn't call it "settling in". I would more caulk it up to several factors:
  • Mourinho's Unorthodox tactics.
  • Injury of Core Midfield.
  • No consistency in tactics and not enough play time for core starters (e.g. No consistency in starting team)
  • Unrealistic expectations.
  • No backing from fans (seriously, reading some crackpot opinions).
  • Fears of injury may be pushing team to play defensive.
Mainly, Mhki is being told to incorporate a really dynamic strategy that does not highlight his core abilities. Even Mane/Couthinho would suffer under Mourinho's dynamic tactics.

The other thing to keep in mind, why would anyone give 100% to a team that provides zero support? Seems like for the last 3 years this was a problem. From management to players. They only remember the glory of SAF. SAF is gone.

Also, why would you get Mhki if Mata was good enough? It seems like players are not being given time to develop. It takes years for a player to adapt to a style. If Mata was good enough why buy Mhki? It seems like the reason Mhki was bought because Mata supposedly "wasn't good enough"? But is it true? Seems like same opinion on Mhki ... If I was any of the MU players I would jump ship if given another opportunity. Just being real. Peeps should chillax it is only like game seven? You just drew against the rival team away. Liverpool were puting 110% so we're MU. I would consider a draw a reasonable outcome.

Hovever, I still think MU were told to go easy to avoid injury. It was like all the players were holding back. I really think Lukaku is still fighting injury but because no other striker he is being asked to play. They should rotate him with Martial. Martial plays deep anyways, he would be a good rotation for Lukaku.

Last point, season is not over. You can't honestly believe that 7 games means anything? Ffs let the team get some games. I predict we lose the league if we drop Mhki. Last year was testimony to how are chances fair without him. But MU fans always learn hard way.

Pogbasky

• No consistency in tactics and not enough play time for core starters (e.g. No consistency in starting team)
Mainly, Mhki is being told to incorporate a really dynamic strategy that does not highlight his core abilities. Even Mane/Couthinho would suffer under Mourinho's dynamic tactics.

The other thing to keep in mind, why would anyone give 100% to a team that provides zero support? Seems like for the last 3 years this was a problem. From management to players. They only remember the glory of SAF. SAF is gone.

Also, why would you get Mhki if Mata was good enough? It seems like players are not being given time to develop. It takes years for a player to adapt to a style. If Mata was good enough why buy Mhki? It seems like the reason Mhki was bought because Mata supposedly "wasn't good enough"? But is it true? Seems like same opinion on Mhki ... If I was any of the MU players I would jump ship if given another opportunity. Just being real. Peeps should chillax it is only like game seven? You just drew against the rival team away. Liverpool were puting 110% so we're MU. I would consider a draw a reasonable outcome.

Hovever, I still think MU were told to go easy to avoid injury. It was like all the players were holding back. I really think Lukaku is still fighting injury but because no other striker he is being asked to play. They should rotate him with Martial. Martial plays deep anyways, he would be a good rotation for Lukaku.

Last point, season is not over. You can't honestly believe that 7 games means anything? Ffs let the team get some games. I predict we lose the league if we drop Mhki. Last year was testimony to how are chances fair without him. But MU fans always learn hard way.
Blame everyone else except him. I get it.

But alas, Mourinho has always had success with number 10s (Ozil/Di Maria, Lampard, Deco, Harzard/Fabregas, Scheneider) as well as wingers (Robben/Duff, Harzard, Eto'o at Inter etc). Mkhiytran is the only supposedly "world class" talent that has been total crap among the number 10s/wingers Mourinho has used. Mourinho ALWAYS has success with these types of players. Well until he got to Mikhi. Face it mate, Mikhi is the second coming of Kagawa. He's useless.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

But alas, Mourinho has always had success with number 10s (Ozil/Di Maria, Lampard, Deco, Harzard/Fabregas, Scheneider) as well as wingers (Robben/Duff, Harzard, Eto'o at Inter etc). Mkhiytran is the only supposedly "world class" talent that has been total crap among the number 10s/wingers Mourinho has used. Mourinho ALWAYS has success with these types of players. Well until he got to Mikhi. Face it mate, Mikhi is the second coming of Kagawa. He's useless.
He's not useless.

What he isn't though is world class. Especially in the big games where he seems to play even worse than his level.

Shark

@NotShark
I wouldn’t complain if we cut our ties with this guy, or at least sign someone a whole lot better and give Mikhi a squad player role. He’s just not reliable enough to be starting at a club like this, based on what I’ve seen up to now.

MDFC Manager

This league isn't for him. He's also taking away Mata's spot, whose much more dependable.

Footballsaurus

No, I am not playing favorites. I just find the moaning unreasonable. The same was said of Mata???? The same was said of Zlatan??? And countless other players the last few years but it is unreasonable to expect especially if the manager is playing a style that is dynamic. Managers changed 3 times. MU problem is that it has a lot inconsistency throughout the entire franchise. You have players that were trained for 3 years to do one thing then now are asking them to do another. I think it would be more reasonable to just give the management and players time. You switched strikers ffs. Zlatan to Lukaku just changes the entire tempo. There have been constant changes and the fans all of sudden want everyone in the franchise to coalesce in 3 months? Ffs let the season end, let's see how far the team gets then decide on what needs to change.

Second, again, if management saw Mhki was shit, why are they playing him? Who knows more? Us keyboard managers or Mourinho? If Mhki should be dropped he will be dropped. They bought him for 25 mil, they could flip him for 30 mil at least, why don't they? There is reason why he asked the team to play defensive and parked the boss.

Across the team the performance was managed. I think some of it had to do with avoiding another injury. This is reasonable and all the pundits don't get it. It's so obvious he was managing the team to avoid any more injury. I would wager he told to team to just play enough to draw as if he pushed more someone else would be injured. Liverpool was playing like it was CL final. MU was just coasting.

Footballsaurus

This league isn't for him. He's also taking away Mata's spot, whose much more dependable.
How come nobody is taking about Arsenal lose to Watford? Chelsea lost to Crystal Palce ffs. Judging by fans comments Hazard should have scored a hattrick. Where are the moaners?

The expectations are so unrealistically given the short amount of time that this team has played. I bet you when Zlatan comes back there we'll be more adjustment costs but the expectations will be, again, to high and as a result the players and management will suffer. All I am driving home is that there isn't enough time to assume anything at this point. Just give it some time. Compared to other teams we are doing good. To go from mid table to top four will be good, to win EPL even better.

SteveW

No idea how he's keeping his place based on current form. I'd like to see Mata play instead of him tonight

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I know it’s a stretch, but he is being asked to be good at playing football, which more often than not, he isn’t.

And it’s not through lack of ability, it’s through lack of application.

Shark

@NotShark
How come nobody is taking about Arsenal lose to Watford? Chelsea lost to Crystal Palce ffs. Judging by fans comments Hazard should have scored a hattrick. Where are the moaners?

The expectations are so unrealistically given the short amount of time that this team has played. I bet you when Zlatan comes back there we'll be more adjustment costs but the expectations will be, again, to high and as a result the players and management will suffer. All I am driving home is that there isn't enough time to assume anything at this point. Just give it some time. Compared to other teams we are doing good. To go from mid table to top four will be good, to win EPL even better.
He’s been here more than long enough for people to make a judgement on him as a player. He’s not been here a week ffs.

SteveW

I know it’s a stretch, but he is being asked to be good at playing football, which more often than not, he isn’t.

And it’s not through lack of ability, it’s through lack of application.
To be as poor as he has regularly been this season is criminal for a player of such obvious talent. He's just been so bloody careless in his play. No idea what he needs to do to get dropped if he hasn't so far

SteveW

No, I am not playing favorites. I just find the moaning unreasonable. The same was said of Mata???? The same was said of Zlatan??? And countless other players the last few years but it is unreasonable to expect especially if the manager is playing a style that is dynamic. Managers changed 3 times. MU problem is that it has a lot inconsistency throughout the entire franchise. You have players that were trained for 3 years to do one thing then now are asking them to do another. I think it would be more reasonable to just give the management and players time. You switched strikers ffs. Zlatan to Lukaku just changes the entire tempo. There have been constant changes and the fans all of sudden want everyone in the franchise to coalesce in 3 months? Ffs let the season end, let's see how far the team gets then decide on what needs to change.

Second, again, if management saw Mhki was shit, why are they playing him? Who knows more? Us keyboard managers or Mourinho? If Mhki should be dropped he will be dropped. They bought him for 25 mil, they could flip him for 30 mil at least, why don't they? There is reason why he asked the team to play defensive and parked the boss.

Across the team the performance was managed. I think some of it had to do with avoiding another injury. This is reasonable and all the pundits don't get it. It's so obvious he was managing the team to avoid any more injury. I would wager he told to team to just play enough to draw as if he pushed more someone else would be injured. Liverpool was playing like it was CL final. MU was just coasting.
That's just 3 paragraphs of crap excuses

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's a miracle how he continues to play while some players need 15 average minutes for people to start questioning if they are good enough and Mourinho to continue using them as nothing more than squad players. From victim to Mourinho's darling, despite being pretty much the same player he always was. Weird situation, another one who has somthing with Manager's daighter? :lol:

Benfica 0:1 Man Utd

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mkhitaryan to Mourinho is what Rooney was to Van Gaal. Has continuous poor performances and doesn’t get dropped. Probably because he will have a poor game but still pop up with a goal or an assist. He has a poor first touch a lot and tends to run forward with the ball for too long then looses it when he should have passed it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mkhitaryan to Mourinho is what Rooney was to Van Gaal. Has continuous poor performances and doesn’t get dropped. Probably because he will have a poor game but still pop up with a goal or an assist. He has a poor first touch a lot and tends to run forward with the ball for too long then looses it when he should have passed it.
Aye, probably that.

Kapardin

He's been poor, but nowhere near a liability like Rooney who actually impeded all aspects of our play. Mourinho is just starting him for his ability to pop up with a goal or an assist out of nowhere. Either he will improve, or will be dropped eventually.

EDIT: You actually mentioned what I wrote. Missed that lol.

Munkehboi

Jose needs to give Miki the same treatment he gave him at the start of last season to kick start some desire and fight in him again.

MrPooni

First Shinji, now this guy. No more established number 10's from Dortmund please.

am i doing this right?

acnumber9

It must be at least a month since he did even one thing right. He's a complete liability when he doesn't have acres of space to play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.