Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think his days are numbered, would be surprised if he’s still here next year. Too weak in the big games and is incapable of dominating a game. Hopefully Griez comes in next year as no 10

Dobbs

Compared to rest of the team he was pretty much average. We didn't play well anywhere so I'm not going to single him out as being any worse.
Bit he's supposed to be a top player in his prime. Marital, Lukaku, Rashford are guys still developing. Young we know isn't good enough and has gone beyond his peak as a winger anyway.

For Mkhi there are no excuses. He's one of the few that ticks the boxes of ability and experience. We need him to show up if we want to win the league.

Bit he's supposed to be a top player in his prime. Marital, Lukaku, Rashford are guys still developing. Young we know isn't good enough and has gone beyond his peak as a winger anyway.

For Mkhi there are no excuses. He's one of the few that ticks the boxes of ability and experience. We need him to show up if we want to win the league.
You think we paid 75m for Lukaku to develop him? He was brought here to score from day one.

For me it's no coincidence Miki dropped off when Pogba got injured. He's a player that needs space to run into. With Pogba out there is little creative spark from Matic/Herrera/Fellaini so well drilled opponents can focus everything on shutting Miki down. When Pogba plays he is priority #1 and Miki is left with much more space.

Dobbs

You think we paid 75m for Lukaku to develop him? He was brought here to score from day one.

For me it's no coincidence Miki dropped off when Pogba got injured. He's a player that needs space to run into. With Pogba out there is little creative spark from Matic/Herrera/Fellaini so well drilled opponents can focus everything on shutting Miki down. When Pogba plays he is priority #1 and Miki is left with much more space.
Is Lukaku in his prime? Obviously not, he's still developing. That was my very straightforward point.

Mkhitaryan is in his prime, this is the best he's going to be. So the expectations for him have to be bigger.

LoneStar

So it is the other players fault that he can't even keep hold of the ball and looses it very time someone barely touches him? He offered nothing in attack or in defence yesterday. We would have been more effective with Lingard starting ahead of him.

So it is the other players fault that he can't even keep hold of the ball and looses it very time someone barely touches him? He offered nothing in attack or in defence yesterday. We would have been more effective with Lingard starting ahead of him.
It's not his fault when the whole team plays poorly. None of our attackers offered anything, including Lingard when he came on. Miki is just the current fashionable one to moan about.

Dobbs

It's not his fault when the whole team plays poorly. None of our attackers offered anything, including Lingard when he came on. Miki is just the current fashionable one to moan about.
You didn't answer his question.

Also again comparing him to a player like Lingard. We all know Lingard is barely good enough to ge a squad player. He isn't the yardstick to judge a player like Mkhitaryan. A guy who was signed to elevate us to another level.

You didn't answer his question.

Also again comparing him to a player like Lingard. We all know Lingard is barely good enough to ge a squad player. He isn't the yardstick to judge a player like Mkhitaryan. A guy who was signed to elevate us to another level.
Was he? He was signed to be one of our starting players, but to take us to another level? I'm not sure about that.

He didn't play well but he was no worse than those around him who arent being singled out.

Fahad Jawaid

He reminds me of Mezut Ozil.
I disagree, Ozil even at his worst is still able to receive the ball and keep the ball. Why Ozil is called a big game bottler is, he does not influence those big matches like he does against smaller teams, his through passes and dribbles and all those fancy touches are nowhere to be seen. Ozil is twice the player he is.

Fahad Jawaid

I actually loved Miki at the beginning and bought into all the hype and gave him a free pass that he is settling into a league and all. But gradually i have come to realize, he is a very much hit and miss player, and somebody you can't rely in big matches.

Greizmann would be such a big upgrade on him. I watched him against Barca yesterday, he was amazing. His touch, passing and his direct running with the ball was a joy to see. He was actually everything i hoped would be for us. But LB,RW and n10 these are positions we need to upgrade and fast if we need to compete against the best sides.

OohAahMartial

Getting in Griezmann to replace Mhki is an absolute priority. I would even try in January and sod the CL cuptied status because come next Summer he will be very much in demand.

Dobbs

Was he? He was signed to be one of our starting players, but to take us to another level? I'm not sure about that.

He didn't play well but he was no worse than those around him who arent being singled out.
Yes they have. Herrera, Matic and Darmian have been criticised. Lukaku and Martial to a lesser extent. Check their threads.

You seem to hold all players to the same expectation. Personally I expect more from Mkhitaryan than I do Lingard. I expect more from a player in his prime that I do a player who's still learning.

togg

It's his second season and there were high expectations that he would be more settled and influential. It's not really happening enough and I have a feeling that he will pass through United as so many other players with high expectations thrust upon them have done in the past and be gone by next season. It's a pity...but there we are.....

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should really be dropped at this stage but who do you drop him for?
Just play with 10 men.

We might have well as done yesterday, at least he would not have been there to give the ball away constantly when he got it do absolutely nothing defensively.

Guy is a physical coward, he’s not up for mixing it up at all on the pitch. He doesn’t go after balls he “might win” if he goes in a little harder or pushes himself to run faster, he’s a meek, uninspiring passenger who only plays well when the rest of the team are doing his share of the donkey work allowing him to flounce around in miles of space.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was lucky not to have been taken off earlier, offered very little for us.

haram

I'm really not that fond of this guy. Wouldn't be unhappy if he is replaced in the summer.

itso 7

Getting in Griezmann to replace Mhki is an absolute priority. I would even try in January and sod the CL cuptied status because come next Summer he will be very much in demand.
Forget Griezmann because he doesn't solve our immediate problems at least until the winter window just play Mata in the 10 role for now and we will see immediate improvements because Mata doesn't lose the ball as often whilst he can create and score goals. Makes me made that we allowed Pereira to go on loan when he could have taken this coward's place in the side.

Litch

We've seen enough of him now to know what he is and what he isn't. Yesterday wasn't for him as it was more about a disciplined set up and not about taking risks. Certainly not about dribbling in the midfield and defensive splitting passes. Great player if used in the right way, which we've already seen this season....

Litch

Forget Griezmann because he doesn't solve our immediate problems at least until the winter window just play Mata in the 10 role for now and we will see immediate improvements because Mata doesn't lose the ball as often whilst he can create and score goals. Makes me made that we allowed Pereira to go on loan when he could have taken this coward's place in the side.
Could be argued, Pereira was cowardly in not staying and fighting for his place? You are absolutely and fundamentally wrong as it's bravery in taking risks dribbling and trying to make the passes that are more risky than playing safe. Also it's it those players that dribbling the most are the most likely to be fouled or injured. Given that's Mikki's game, can hardly call him a coward?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Could be argued, Pereira was cowardly in not staying and fighting for his place? You are absolutely and fundamentally wrong as it's bravery in taking risks dribbling and trying to make the passes that are more risky than playing safe. Also it's it those players that dribbling the most are the most likely to be fouled or injured. Given that's Mikki's game, can hardly call him a coward?
I doubt if Pereira would have been trusted yesterday. Who would Jose have him replace?

itso 7

I think Pereira felt discouraged by the lack of opportunities when the season began and he was wrong in insisting on a loan move but I feel that in Herrera and Mkhitaryan we have players that Pereira could challenge for minutes in a midfield two or three. However given Mourinho's natural inclination to trust older players you can understand his decision.
Regarding the demands of Mkhi's position its understandable if he loses the ball oftenly but this guy can't even get the basic pass right and loses the ball almost every time he is challenged, compare with other similar players who play his role in the league with the same creative brief and tell me if they lose the ball as often.

Jig1234

Very disappointed in Mkhitaryan. One goal vs Spurs at OT last season is all he has done in a so called big game. He disappears in these matches. Mata should've started or at least come off the bench. He is far more experienced in these games. Mkhitaryan still looks like a luxury player who gives the ball away too much. He has been getting sweaty assists and goals in the last minute of matches but his performances have not been Kevin De Bruyne level. He has been poor especially in key moments when he needs to get his final pass right.

We needed Herrera and Mkhitaryan to provide a link to Lukaku. Both failed to that for us. Had we gone with Mata I think we might have asked for questions and got Lukaku into the game a bit more.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He just goes missing too often. Some games you won't know he's on the pitch until he's subbed off. He'll be upgraded soon.

Cliche Guevara

I think his biggest problem seems to be his ball-control. He has talent, no doubt, but his touch isn't that great.

The next stage for United is to upgrade guys like him.

Imagine the difference if we simply swapped him with De Bruyne!

OohAahMartial

Would love to see Pereira at 10, he is pretty press resistant and would have helped keep the ball much better. Perhaps Mata as 10 and Lingard or Rashford on the right for now?

Litch

I think Pereira felt discouraged by the lack of opportunities when the season began and he was wrong in insisting on a loan move but I feel that in Herrera and Mkhitaryan we have players that Pereira could challenge for minutes in a midfield two or three. However given Mourinho's natural inclination to trust older players you can understand his decision.
Regarding the demands of Mkhi's position its understandable if he loses the ball oftenly but this guy can't even get the basic pass right and loses the ball almost every time he is challenged, compare with other similar players who play his role in the league with the same creative brief and tell me if they lose the ball as often.
I guess Pereira push the button and typically if ever there was the opportunity to play it's now. The two that's in a mo is Hobson's choice and like you said, there's 3 players that he could have been pushing for a start. Anyway, like I said his start to the season indicates his quality and like all the Mkhi type players in ever top side, they are either brill or terrible. Mkhi for me is a player with a skillset that's better for certain games but not for others. If Jose got the player he wanted, we would have seen him in yesterday's game and not Mkhi.

Irrational.

Went into hiding yesterday and does have a habit of retreating into his shell when the going gets tough. Some good interplay with Martial in setting up the Lukaku chance but other than that did not stand up and be counted.

I'm sure he'll have better games against the bread and butter of this league. Started this season so promisingly, but seems all that confidence was sapped yesterday.

LeftyBlaster

I think his biggest problem seems to be his ball-control. He has talent, no doubt, but his touch isn't that great.

The next stage for United is to upgrade guys like him.

Imagine the difference if we simply swapped him with De Bruyne!
Disagree. His biggest weaknesses, imo, are his decision making and his inability to work tight spaces. Too many times he's been guilty of trying to run the ball rather than play passes. He also doesn't seem to know how to turn his body and use feints to shield the ball.

Cliche Guevara

Disagree. His biggest weaknesses, imo, are his decision making and his inability to work tight spaces. Too many times he's been guilty of trying to run the ball rather than play passes. He also doesn't seem to know how to turn his body and use feints to shield the ball.
Surely two of these issues are on account of his poor touch?

His decision making, granted, is an issue but he's also trying to create openings in high-gamble situations which are sometimes difficult to pull off.

Lentwood

I didn't rate Mhiki at Dortmund but was somewhat pleased when we signed him because we were just desperate for anything at that point!

Mhiki has talent but is too soft and goes missing in the big games. Probably been consistently the worst player on the pitch in our games against top 4 opposition

I think by this time next year he will be an impact player off the bench at best

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
A strange, strange player. Good when running with the ball or playing short balls through but struggles to get the ball under control and gives the ball away with just about any other type of pass.

He’s another Dortmund player who is ok given specific roles in a very set system but is not able to adapt to a bigger club where the tactics change more. It happened with Kagawa too. He’s a small timer.

Time for him to be dropped. Him in the middle yesterday was what left RL isolated. Mata would have joined things up a lot better, he always does.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'd say his biggest weakness if his weakness on the ball and how easy it is beat him physically.

Mike09

Mkhi is like Willian with end of product who can also play in central and I'm not a fans of Willian's playing style. So it's not a positive thing if I use Willian as a comparison. Both players make too many wrong decision making on the pitch & always try too much & beat everyone on the pitch and end up losing the ball or wasted chances when there are moments that they should do more simple stuff & more effective way.

Status
Not open for further replies.