Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A strange, strange player. Good when running with the ball or playing short balls through but struggles to get the ball under control and gives the ball away with just about any other type of pass.

He’s another Dortmund player who is ok given specific roles in a very set system but is not able to adapt to a bigger club where the tactics change more. It happened with Kagawa too. He’s a small timer.

Time for him to be dropped. Him in the middle yesterday was what left RL isolated. Mata would have joined things up a lot better, he always does.
Perfect Klopp player, he would look a lot better playing for Liverpool because they ignore everything else apart from going forward, so he would be able to ignore actually playing football like the rest of them.

Unfortunately here, he has to have a little more to his game than that, and evidently he hasn’t.

Ducklegs

I didn't rate Mhiki at Dortmund but was somewhat pleased when we signed him because we were just desperate for anything at that point!

Mhiki has talent but is too soft and goes missing in the big games. Probably been consistently the worst player on the pitch in our games against top 4 opposition

I think by this time next year he will be an impact player off the bench at best
He certainly shouldn’t be starting against decent teams, because he simply isn’t good enough.

ti vu

Perfect Klopp player, he would look a lot better playing for Liverpool because they ignore everything else apart from going forward, so he would be able to ignore actually playing football like the rest of them.

Unfortunately here, he has to have a little more to his game than that, and evidently he hasn’t.
Even in Klopp system, he is flawed compare to what Klopp has in his hand. Mkhi lack intensity in pressing. The contrast is quite clear to see. Offensive play there is a fine line but it is there, in which the current crop of players in Klopp's hand is more physical capable to ride a challenge when Mkhi can easily get bullied.

el3mel

Apparently you don't know he played under Klopp in Dortmund and was terrible. His only good season with BVB came under Tuchel.

Ducklegs

Apparently you don't know he played under Klopp in Dortmund and was terrible. His only good season with BVB came under Tuchel.
It’s difficult to respond to something as inane as this without calling it what it is :/

Donsangre

Yes they have. Herrera, Matic and Darmian have been criticised. Lukaku and Martial to a lesser extent. Check their threads.

You seem to hold all players to the same expectation. Personally I expect more from Mkhitaryan than I do Lingard. I expect more from a player in his prime that I do a player who's still learning.
All the players played the way they were instructed. That was the plan. Move on. Shitty plan, shitty game.

Donsangre

He's been crap all season. Now he doesn't have stats to hide his performances.

EDIT..He was crap last season too imo.
OK, what does he have to do to not to be a crap player? Tell me, please. I really want to understand how you think.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
So everyone is fully anti Mkhi now? I hope we don’t evolve into fickle bellends like Arse fans. He’s a good player, just needs to settle in still. He comes across as quite shy.

Solo Toure

I like Mkhi, his form has dipped the past few games, the problem with him is he makes the wrong decisions when he has the opportunity in the final third.

He can definitely become a game changer for us, with his speed and dribbling ability, he just needs to regain his confidence.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Too inconsisten and frustrating for me. We really need someone mentally stronger. We should hire someone for his place next season or keep him for squad depth.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mkhi is like Willian with end of product who can also play in central and I'm not a fans of Willian's playing style. So it's not a positive thing if I use Willian as a comparison. Both players make too many wrong decision making on the pitch & always try too much & beat everyone on the pitch and end up losing the ball or wasted chances when there are moments that they should do more simple stuff & more effective way.
I'd take Willian ahead of Mkhi tbh.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So everyone is fully anti Mkhi now? I hope we don’t evolve into fickle bellends like Arse fans. He’s a good player, just needs to settle in still. He comes across as quite shy.
I was adamant that he was the wrong signing when we were initially linked with him. I'm not anti Mkhi as he's a nice guy who, on his day, is a good player, but I've never thought he was good enough. He had that spell before his injury against Spurs where I thought I may be wrong but it looks like that was a purple patch more than anything.

shield

I like him, but he has gone into a slump and needs to come out of it. Off late, he is continuously giving the ball away easily without doing anything meaningful. He is amazingly easy to dispossess. Like, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku etc give a fight and can hold off a few players. For Mkhi, the moment he is in an awkward position, he gets easily overpowered and dispossessed.

He is lucky that we have Mourinho as a manager, who does not value possession that much and is very happy as long as we are not conceding. If it had been LVG, Mkhi would have been sold instantly, or treated like Di Maria/Herrera.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A player plays well, the fans will praise him, a player plays like shit, he'll get criticized. As simple as that, being fickle has feck all to do with it. Mkhitaryan is the worst player among those who regularly starts for Man United.

Pogbasky

He's supposed to be the player we look to for some offensive inspiration in tight games. Aside from the game against Spurs last year and when he came on as a sub against Hull City last season he has never had a game where he is good from end to end. A neat pass here and there is simply not acceptable for a United player. Reminds me of Veron

DoubleRevv

Mkhitaryan has been underwhelming. I can't recall a stretch of 3 consecutive games where I've felt like he is indispensable and though he has had a run of games now, it seems that he isn't up to it.

Beats me why Mourinho has not moved Mata centrally, Rashford to the right and Martial on the left - perhaps Mourinho prefers the option of bringing the fresh legs and pace of the latter 2 players against tiring defenses but for me, I don't expect much from Mkhitaryan anymore.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How long is this "settling in" period we are talking about?

Lennon7

How long is this "settling in" period we are talking about?
It varies from player to player. He’s been here for a season and a bit, and he hasn’t been atrocious. I can’t actually believe the state our fans have got into.

Pogbasky

It varies from player to player. He’s been here for a season and a bit, and he hasn’t been atrocious. I can’t actually believe the state our fans have got into.

He's 28 ffs. When you want him to settle down? When he's 30?

IrishRedDevil

It's almost 2 years ago that.

He's problem since then have had little to do with that injury.
The isssues have mostly been reaccuring niggling injuries on the same leg. Not sure if you've ever broke a bone, but it's extremely difficult to come back both mentally and physically and there can be constant niggles. Anyway this is going off topic so I'll leave it there.

Lennon7

He's 28 ffs. When you want him to settle down? When he's 30?
What difference does his age make? He still only came a year ago.

Besides, he hasn’t even been that bad. You’re all just crying based on the Lpool game, guarantee in a few months if he has a blinder against someone you’ll all be saying how class he is. Come on then

Borat Sagdiyev

Too inconsisten and frustrating for me. We really need someone mentally stronger. We should hire someone for his place next season or keep him for squad depth.
He's great cover for #10 and RW (probably LW too), but I'd bet we'll be bringing in Griezmann (or Ozil if that falls through) to play behind Lukaku, and a new true RW. He's too inconsistent to start when City has two #10/AMs putting in class performances every week.

Pogbasky

Besides, he hasn’t even been that bad. You’re all just crying based on the Lpool game, guarantee in a few months if he has a blinder against someone you’ll all be saying how class he is. Come on then
Age makes a lot of difference. There is a reason why mature players are paid more than youngsters

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He still has not made that step up, unfortunately. He shows glimpses of his capabilities but it's not going to be enough. If he's not up there or produces on a consistent level come the end of the season, he will be a fringe player and we'd have to buy someone else

sunama

Baghdad Bob
All the players played the way they were instructed. That was the plan. Move on. Shitty plan, shitty game.
Erm, not quite.
Several times against LFC, Miki did not make tackles and allowed his man to get away from him. Basically, he was a passenger for most of the game and he was finally subbed, for Lingard.
The fact that our midfielders struggled to string passes together or make tackles, is not Jose's fault.
During the match, all I saw was our defenders hoofing or passing the ball towards our midfielders. The MF would lose the ball (get hounded by LFC midfielders) and the ball would come straight back at our defence. It's testament to the fact that our defence is so strong (or lucky) that the ball didn't go into our net, despite the ball being in our own half, most of the game.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
When you are a player at your peak (ie. late 20s, like Matic, for example), you are expected to make immediate impact (like Matic). This is the advantage you get with buying players at their peak and is the reason why Jose prefers to buy men, rather than boys.
As an example, last season, Ibra came and was immediately our most prolific goal scorer. This was expected, due to his age.
Conversely, when Falcao, in his late 20s played for us, he failed to make immediate impact and was "returned". He then moved to CFC, where he again, failed to make immediate impact and was "returned". Had Falcao been 20 years old, he would've been given far more than 6 months to prove himself.
If you buy a youngster, you have to be a bit more forgiving for early poor performances. You must also allow youngsters time to find their feet, so there is likely to be inconsistency. You should not expect inconsistency from a player aged 28.

He still has not made that step up, unfortunately. He shows glimpses of his capabilities but it's not going to be enough. If he's not up there or produces on a consistent level come the end of the season, he will be a fringe player and we'd have to buy someone else
In the EPL he is weak.
But EU games, he is decent.
If he plays tonight against Benfica, it will be interesting if he sparks back to life.

Last edited:

James Peril

I love Mkhitaryan and had huge hopes for him, but it is clear he is not the top top player I expected him to be. Not a shame, he is still very useful and seems to be happy playing/living in England - but there is no doubt we need a better playmaker to match the best teams in Europe.

Does not have to mean he leaves though, we just need another addition in our squad.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Mhkitaryan is useless and crap now?? :confused: The fecking state of this place does my head in. Our best form this season came when he was on the pitch leading the break and delivering assists for fun. Some of you have the memory of a goldfish. Mhki’s mini-slump coinciding with Pogba being out is complete coincidence, ain’t it? His best is still yet to come.

Dobbs

When you are a player at your peak (ie. late 20s, like Matic, for example), you are expected to make immediate impact (like Matic). This is the advantage you get with buying players at their peak and is the reason why Jose prefers to buy men, rather than boys.
As an example, last season, Ibra came and was immediately our most prolific goal scorer. This was expected, due to his age.
Conversely, when Falcao, in his late 20s played for us, he failed to make immediate impact and was "returned". He then moved to CFC, where he again, failed to make immediate impact and was "returned". Had Falcao been 20 years old, he would've been given far more than 6 months to prove himself.
If you buy a youngster, you have to be a bit more forgiving for early poor performances. You must also allow youngsters time to find their feet, so there is likely to be inconsistency. You should not expect inconsistency from a player aged 28.

In the EPL he is weak.
But EU games, he is decent.
If he plays tonight against Benfica, it will be interesting if he sparks back to life.
I'm not sure yet if that's true. He was obvipusly better in the Europa League but was that down to it being european football or was it because the standard of opposition was so poor.

We'll find out now we're competing at a better European level.

Status
Not open for further replies.