Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Picking Miki in my team predictions make me depressed, so I don't select him, even though I vividly know the manager is going to select him. I did rather get 10/11 and also lose the bonus points than to select Miki in the team. Seeing him in the team makes me wanna cry because he knows and we all know that he is going to be shit. So I can't pick a nothing player to play for us, and how the actual manager of Man utd and his coaches manages to pick him game after game, is only them that knows. I mean don't they rewatch the games or something? And do they like what they see? If they do, then I am sorry, but we have a bigger problem on our hands than Miki playing.
Surely you of all people can sort this problem out though?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Problem of Lukaku, Rashford and Martial in the same line up means no one will deliver consistent good cross to Lukaku and Fellaini.
Mata and Mkhitarian aren't delivering consistent good crosses to them either. Rashford and Martial are now just better options than those two. There's no longer a valid reason for them not to start together. I'm also more confident of their defensive abilities than that of Mkhitarian, although I believe we should be freeing them up to make a difference in the final third.
I guess the only problem is that two out of the three CMs (Fellaini and Pogba) haven’t a defensive instinct between them. They’re so poor at tracking runners that if Rashford/Martial don’t work their balls off every time we lose the ball our defence will get overrun. No reason not to give it a crack in our next couple of games, mind you.

A line-up I’d like to see in a difficult away game would be Carrick and Matic at the base of midfield, with Pogba ahead of them and LuRaMa as front 3. Oodles of defensive cover and our best attacking players freed to do nothing but attack.
I'd like to see that. In fact, anything that allows our front three (particular those three) to concentrate fully or thereabouts on attack is good with me. I think they'll develop better as individuals as well as collectively if they are more consistently further forward and closer to each other as opposed spending a lot of time deep like FBs would.

prtk0811

You can not depend on him as a 10. he could knick up few assists against minnows but just doesnt have it to play against a top opposition as a 10. Needs to be shifted on the rw because of our lack of options there.

You never get a reaction from him when he's subbed off all the time in every game.

Mata is slow but will be a lot more effective in the link up than mkh in the middle. Time to start trusting him.

lawliet354

You can not depend on him as a 10. he could knick up few assists against minnows but just doesnt have it to play against a top opposition as a 10. Needs to be shifted on the rw because of our lack of options there.

You never get a reaction from him when he's subbed off all the time in every game.

Mata is slow but will be a lot more effective in the link up than mkh in the middle. Time to start trusting him.
Both cannot be depended against top sides imo, both are too weak and doesn't impose themselves in tight matches, our no.10 options right now are honestly incredibly awful, when Pogba comes back I'd rather have Fellaini in no.10, at least he can shield the ball properly and not lose it 20 times in a match

prtk0811

Both cannot be depended against top sides imo, both are too weak and doesn't impose themselves in tight matches, our no.10 options right now are honestly incredibly awful, when Pogba comes back I'd rather have Fellaini in no.10, at least he can shield the ball properly and not lose it 20 times in a match
But mata has good ball control and better circulation and ability to build something. He could do a job in final third.

notcool

Supports
a
Perhaps his role in the Chelsea game was to mark the DM (Kante) and stop easy switches of possession to the other side of the pitch. Matic and Herrera were alternating between picking up Hazard and Fabregas/Bakayoko and so were shuffling side to side across midfield. If the DM is free it can stop one of them getting across in time to close down Fabregas/Bakayoko and leads to the whole team being in trouble.

Georgan

Should play from the right, he isn't a creative force. I reckon we could get Ozil in the middle and Mkhi would produce the goods running in behind from the right.

I think it's time for Angel Gomes to be given a run. Even just a few games to keep his momentum going. I don't see the point in just one sub appearance last season. Who knows he may even perform better than Mkhi has been.

lawliet354

But mata has good ball control and better circulation and ability to build something. He could do a job in final third.
Remember Huddersfield? That's one of many reasons Mou never played him centrally, Mata is never a controller like Silva, he's more of goalscorer, right now what our team lack the most without Pogba is someone who can control the game and dictate the play. I thought Mikhi would have been that guy this season, but he ended up playing worse than last season

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Would like to see Miki moved on. We made a quick decision with Kagawa when SAF realized he wouldnt cut it. I dont want to see us waste more time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
A goal and two assists is pretty decent, wouldn't you say? 3 chances created in the PL and 7 in the CL.

It's a good record but his crossing is poor, i mean putting into dangerous position with pace. When he joined it was much better.

mesiesta

Supports
Barcelona
Missed a penalty and scored a goal during first half of friendly match between Armenia and Belarus. Also, got an assist from corner at the beginning of second half.

Last edited:

undertaker

Missed a penalty and scored a goal during first half of friendly match between Armenia and Belarus. Also, got an assist from corner at the beginning of second half.
Big deal the mighty Belarus friendly.....he is awful for united!

Roy Keane_Tough

not a bad goal either, played very well and good assist, lets hope this will give his confidence much needed boost, regardless of whom the opposition may be.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A goal and two assists is pretty decent, wouldn't you say? 3 chances created in the PL and 7 in the CL.

I'm a big Blind fan but his crossing has definitely regressed this year. He's messed up a lot of attacking moves with some awfully weighted crosses.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Just saw that he'll be 29 in January. For some reason I thought he was younger.

FanBoyRed

Playing Micki as a #10, and taking away all of his support as far as other players around him, defensive midfield supplying him the ball, forwards close enough to do 1 2's back and forth, isolating him in the middle and expecting him to burst through 3 defensive players twice his size, having no hold up play from Lukaku.... and the list goes on and on, he will not succeed in this JM style of outdated defensive hoofball!

Its like asking a chicken to fly, the birds got wings, but just isnt built to fly that way!! :nono: :lol:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm sure I posted absolutely donkey years ago when he was at Dortmund, the season before his good one, that he was the worst part of that attack. Chance after chance would come to him, and he'd consistently make the polar opposite of the right decision. It was when he was being heavily linked to 'pool and thought that was wonderful.

I just don't hold out much hope. He's had 1 top class season in a major league in his entire career. Isn't a bit naive to hope that it becomes the norm?

tomaldinho1

Come on... this is bullcrap. Blinds crossing is excellent.
You haven't watched a single game he's played this season then...we must have the worst cross accuracy from LB & RB in the league with Blind and Valencia.

He's supposedly technically good so we assume his crossing is amazing but, bar that ball for RVP in the WC, I never see him whip in balls with accuracy. Always shitty floaters or just a hoof straight out.

FanBoyRed

You haven't watched a single game he's played this season then...we must have the worst cross accuracy from LB & RB in the league with Blind and Valencia.

He's supposedly technically good so we assume his crossing is amazing but, bar that ball for RVP in the WC, I never see him whip in balls with accuracy. Always shitty floaters or just a hoof straight out.
Here is the stats from the Manchester United official website, top five in crosses.

Crosses
: Mkhitaryan (40), Valencia (36), Mata (32), Young (31), Rashford (28)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This absolute non-entity better not start today. He is so frustrating to watch.

Sterling Archer

Had similar problems at Dortmund too.

So this isn't specifically down to us.
That was my biggest concern when he moved here. I thought he might have overcome that in responding to Jose's initial management of him. But he has been so frail on the pitch of late

Status
Not open for further replies.