g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

He's a very talented player, but like a few in our squad needs to realise one good came in every 3 doesnt cut it at this club. To many times you see him having a shit game. Said it before on here, but you can sign all the players you want, but the important thing is for your current players to make a step up in performance. And Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Herrera, Martial and Shaw need to step up to the level they can be at week in week out.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Hot and cold. I don't think the wing suits him. I would play him in the ten channel.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm still leaning on giving him time, but he's been underwhelming thus far. For every good game he has, he has 2-3 bad performances. Even in a single game, he'd be poor the majority of the time, only showing flashes of quality occasionally.

Womp

idiot
Looks much better behind the striker than out wide. Don't think we can do that for him though as we obviously seem to be looking at a 3 man midfield.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
10-20 better players in his position in the league. Hope he proves me wrong but I think he'll be back in Germany next Summer.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He is our best player when it comes to movement and transition when we are on the counter. Also he is capable of a killer pass.
However, he is not a RW in the sense Mou is looking for so I would also give him a run of games behind the striker.

itso 7

He is surprisingly too weak on the ball for someone so strong and skilled, he is however one of the few who can create something out of nothing but for that occasional assist or goal to be acceptable he needs to be more careful in possession and link up play when the pass/move isn't on.

Fracture90

He was OK, often very much isolated with only having Lukaku to try to pass to.

When he's playing on the RW he's far less effective then when he's playing through the middle but then we have problems with getting the most out of Pogba. Also our super defensive setup vs. Madrid did him no favour.

Donsangre

U guys need to realize one thing in a game against the best team u dont get a lot of chances. The difference between real and us is that they will always use theirs chances.
Both Rashford and Lukaku should have scored. Pogba should have given the right pass in the beginning. If we had those goals, u would be praising Miki now. Its a collective game, all pieces have to work right. If you have a talented but very young and inexperienced player to do the right job, you cannot expect him to score every time, if he did , he would have been the next messi. Rashford screws up a lot of contras and attacks, he loses the fluency. I really think, that we need Miki in the center and some really experienced wingers, like Mata next to him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Who? Name 10-20 players.
Unquestionably (caveats bracketed)
Hazard
Pedro
Sanchez
Ozil
Mane
Coutinho
De Bruyne
Sane
Silva
B.Silva (unproven)
Sterling (question marks)
Mata
Alli
Eriksen
Lanzini (HUGE question mark)

More effective. Perhaps less talented
William
Lallana
Salah (unproven)

10 at least. Arguments over 11 upwards would be fine. He's not shown much here. Especially in the league.

12 there that I'd swap him for.

jungledrums

Hazard
Pedro
Sanchez
Ozil
Mane
Coutinho
De Bruyne
Sane
Silva
B.Silva (unproven)
Mata
Alli
Eriksen

William
Lallana
Salah (unproven)

10 at least. Arguments over 11 upwards would be fine. He's not shown much here. Especially in the league.

And yet his best season is comparable with the best of Hazard, De Bruyne and Sanchez, who are the best on that list. Admittedly his best form did not occur in this league, but it cannot be discounted nonetheless. He's just inconsistent, at his best he's deadly. Inconsistency is a big problem though I'll give you that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's just so erratic. So weak on 50-50s.

Personally don't like him as a player, and think he'll be off next season.
Worst thing is - he used to be a defensive mid. The guy is like a snowflake. No grit whatsoever.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
A number 10 can never play well if you're getting absolutely schooled in possession. He played the best pass of the night when he finally got the ball in a decent attacking position.
Except for Sniejder for Inter vs Barca in 2010. He was brilliant whilst only making like 30 passes all game.

Icemav

Clearly talented but such an unimpressive player. Despite his age lacks so much maturity. Should he be at a club like United?

Seeing as Mou signed him I was expecting a preferred system and position. He is clearly not a traditional winger. Is a poor defender. Cannot handle the press. Is bad at retaining possession. And just very very inconsistent.

However he can pick a pass and can finish pretty well. Unless we want to play him as a lightweight mercurial 10 then I don't see the point of having him here.

Last edited:

kundalini

Poor scouting, either by the club or by Mourinho. I'd assume it was Mourinho.

We have very little need for a player who is marginally better than Lingard. A player who is vastly superior to Lingard might be of some value, as might a player with a totally different skill set.

UnrelatedPsuedo

And yet his best season is comparable with the best of Hazard, De Bruyne and Sanchez, who are the best on that list. Admittedly his best form did not occur in this league, but it cannot be discounted nonetheless. He's just inconsistent, at his best he's deadly. Inconsistency is a big problem though I'll give you that.
Absolutely. I wasn't making a call on his talent. More on his adaptation (or lack thereof) to the league. He's been far better in Europe. Needs a big season. He can take it to the next level but there's no guarantee that he will.

edcunited1878

Poor scouting, either by the club or by Mourinho. I'd assume it was Mourinho.

We have very little need for a player who is marginally better than Lingard. A player who is vastly superior to Lingard might be of some value, as might a player with a totally different skill set.
Marginally better than Lingard....check yourself.

Dave46

Well he will shut his critics down. He will have a good season.

Dave46

Hazard
Pedro
Sanchez
Ozil
Mane
Coutinho
De Bruyne
Sane
Silva
B.Silva (unproven)
Mata
Alli
Eriksen

William
Lallana
Salah (unproven)

I would say only 3 or 4 guys better than him at the moment. Hazard, KDB, Sanchez and maybe Silva.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I could see Dortmund trying to get him back in case Dembele joins Barca.
Similar to Pogba or Martial a great individual player but somehow there is no real understanding between them all.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I would say only 3 or 4 guys better than him at the moment. Hazard, KDB, Sanchez and maybe Silva.
You're on a special kind of something if you don't have Alli and Eriksen above all of those.

Jesus Christ

(Hyperbole. I've been boozing. But your 4, plus my 2, plus Coutinho are better. Without question)

Donsangre

You're on a special kind of something if you don't have Alli and Eriksen above all of those.

Jesus Christ

(Hyperbole. I've been boozing. But your 4, plus my 2, plus Coutinho are better. Without question)
To do such comparison simply isnt correct. Coutinho was very inconsistent before Klopp joined the club. Sanches is a classic attacking winger, KDB and Silva play in a different scheme, Hazard is classic atacking winger similar to Ronaldo. Miki is more like KDB and Silva. I wouldnt even compare these players and put them one above the other. It is impossible to say how one or the other would perform in a different setup. Man Utd setup isnt perfet for Miki to say the least.

UnrelatedPsuedo

To do such comparison simply isnt correct. Coutinho was very inconsistent before Klopp joined the club. Sanches is a classic attacking winger, KDB and Silva play in a different scheme, Hazard is classic atacking winger similar to Ronaldo. Miki is more like KDB and Silva. I wouldnt even compare these players and put them one above the other. It is impossible to say how one or the other would perform in a different setup. Man Utd setup isnt perfet for Miki to say the least.
Take the list.
Work out how many of those players you'd swap for Miki.

I guarantee it's 10 or more.

They're all attacking midfielders. Miki has no position. If he was a flying winger and I was comparing him with 10's I'd see your objection. But that list was fair.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
fecking LVG not taking the chance to buy Mane.
Mikhi has been pretty disappointing, he has had some games where he has really shown how good he can be but the consistency has been really poor. Hope he gets it all together this season.

Donsangre

Take the list.
Work out how many of those players you'd swap for Miki.

I guarantee it's 10 or more.

They're all attacking midfielders. Miki has no position. If he was a flying winger and I was comparing him with 10's I'd see your objection. But that list was fair.
Probably only Hazard in his prime and young C. Ronaldo, the rest arent that better. A player like Hazar is what we are missing now. I can assure you Mourinho bought Miki to use him the same way he was using Hazard in Chelsea, but then he realized he cannot turn Miki into Hazard.

prtk0811

He is basically a counter attacker , who thinks and plays direct , and when pressed high vs proactive teams he looses the ball running straight into the croud because he does not have that ability ike a messi or neymar or even hazard have to be that bullish when on the ball.

But when in space Mkh is brilliant and also his link up play and passing is very good in counter attacks.

prtk0811

fecking LVG not taking the chance to buy Mane.
Mikhi has been pretty disappointing, he has had some games where he has really shown how good he can be but the consistency has been really poor. Hope he gets it all together this season.
I agree , we should have gone al out for mane , even last season along with mkh too. we needed both. Mourinho missed the huge boat on that one.

We should not be afraid to spend it all in one summer when we really need them. Sir alex would have got him here , sadio mane.

Donsangre

I agree , we should have gone al out for mane , even last season along with mkh too. we needed both. Mourinho missed the huge boat on that one.

We should not be afraid to spend it all in one summer when we really need them. Sir alex would have got him here , sadio mane.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda.. we have what we have and we have some great players. Need a little more experience on the wings, that's all. Neither Rashford, Lingard nor Martial have their team game perfected. That is why we lose a lot of opportunities, they don't pass when/where they have to, they dribble, dribble and dribble and try to shoot and show themselves. Which is not bad for a player to say: "hey, look, Im here and Im good, play me next time". Is that what we need? We dont need players to show off. We need a team play, passing the right time. What Pogba did against Madrid by not passing to Mkhi was the most disappointing. A professional of his level should have done the right thing, not the selfish one. It only tells us one thing, they are young and want to show off (Pogba has to do it to make sure that the price paid for him is the right one). Well, do it in some other club. We need professionalism, we need wins and we need to use every single opportunity in each and every game.

Donsangre

He is basically a counter attacker , who thinks and plays direct , and when pressed high vs proactive teams he looses the ball running straight into the croud because he does not have that ability ike a messi or neymar or even hazard have to be that bullish when on the ball.

But when in space Mkh is brilliant and also his link up play and passing is very good in counter attacks.
Its not about being bullish. You have compared Mkhi to the best dribblers on the planet earth. There are not many like them. Not every one can do what those guys can. Mkhi has other talents. We just have to use them correctly.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Starts along with Mata today, interesting to see how he plays as I feel both he and Mata try occupy the same place on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.