Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He's just a bit crap. Fleeting moments where he does something nice, but then rubbish the rest of the time. There are many players in world football that are like this, that would do the same if they were here. These are the players that simply aren't good enough. They belong at the likes of Everton ( in the PL). Without consistency you are nothing at the top level.

Acole9

Outstanding
He can be very frustrating to watch at times. People have a go at Pogba when he loses the ball but he loses it a lot more and far too easily as well.

MattyB1986

Either play him centrally or not at all... Never impressed me on the right wing - drifts in and out of games, loses possession too easily... Expected a lot more from this fella really.

kul m

We have 2 number 10's micki and mata. If micki is playing he should play as a 10, not on the left flank or right flank, when he come in centrally today he was more involved, balls over the top, through balls, he should play in that position, he has the talent, vision, can dribble with the ball, can be direct, he's wasted on the flanks. Same with mata, should only be played as a 10. or play matial, lingaard or rashford as 10, these 3 can get the ball , turn and dribble towards the oppositions goal.

PROBLEM!!....if micki or mata play as a 10, then this means pogba can't push up the pitch as much. playing pogba in a 3 in midfield causes an issue.

MattyB1986

We have 2 number 10's micki and mata. If micki is playing he should play as a 10, not on the left flank or right flank, when he come in centrally today he was more involved, balls over the top, through balls, he should play in that position, he has the talent, vision, can dribble with the ball, can be direct, he's wasted on the flanks. Same with mata, should only be played as a 10. or play matial, lingaard or rashford as 10, these 3 can get the ball , turn and dribble towards the oppositions goal.

PROBLEM!!....if micki or mata play as a 10, then this means pogba can't push up the pitch as much. playing pogba in a 3 in midfield causes an issue.
Problem is I don't think we have any natural LFs/RFs and making do with what we have... Martial, Rashford, Lukaku are 9s and Mkhi and Mata are 10s.. we're shoehorning them to wide births because we don't have any other options.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Remember when Jose was getting shit on for not playing him?
I was one of the few who didn't want Mkhi as he was clearly wasn't what we needed but I still questioned José on this. To spend as much money as we did on him - and he was a pretty well known player as well - to keep him out of the squad for, what, a 1/3 of the season was a bit bizarre.

Litch

He's quality and showed it at times during his first season. I think the forward players are all inconsistent and I think our biggest problem is that it's rare any forward player except Ibra or it seems Rom will play 3 games on the trot. We have sooo many players that need confidence from playing regular and I get a sense this isn't going to happen....

Name Changed

weso26
He is so quick physically and especially mentally in comparison to the others it's unreal. His ability to give the ball away from 5 yards and ability to disappear for minutes on end can make him look so ordinary at the same time.

Castia

Apart from his goals in the Europa I can't really recall him doing much of anything for United.
Well he hardly kicked a ball until December. He had a decent run in the side, scoring some lovely goals too when he actually got a chance.

Name Changed

weso26
Despite his lack of consistency, he is the only player who will create chance after chance. Nobody else does that,

kul m

Problem is I don't think we have any natural LFs/RFs and making do with what we have... Martial, Rashford, Lukaku are 9s and Mkhi and Mata are 10s.. we're shoehorning them to wide births because we don't have any other options.
I disagree to a small degree, valencia is a winger, he's not a defender, he should be playing as a winger not a wing back but as a winger. On the left we dont have a left sided winger. I quite like the thought of valencia and peresic down either flank. hopefully it can happen. imo i think mourinho is trying to fit pogba in, toni kroos next to matic would do me nicely. :D....we can dream.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Possesses the unique ability of being class and shit at the same time.

Dobbs

Starting to get worried he can't handle playing for a giant club. He looks so timid and restricted at times. Wouldn't be the first or the last.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Despite his lack of consistency, he is the only player who will create chance after chance. Nobody else does that,
I'll answer you with your own description from the Fellaini thread because it fits perfectly well here.

Some people are more willing to accept mediocrity than others it seems.
In all fairness, I wish he was mediocre most of the time, because most of the time he's simply shit.

I still have my fingers crossed for him but at the moment it smells of last season's performances to come. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.

Last edited:

kundalini

Squawka would disagree on that point. Lingard and Mata both outperformed him in terms of chances created per 90 mins last season in the PL. In Europa League on a per 90 mins basis, Mata better but Lingard slightly behind Mkhitaryan.

Even Ander Herrera, although behind, wasn't miles away and did much better in terms of assists per 90 mins in the PL, suggesting that perhaps he created higher quality chances, or may be was fortunate that we finished some of the chances he created.

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

He is so quick physically and especially mentally in comparison to the others it's unreal. His ability to give the ball away from 5 yards and ability to disappear for minutes on end can make him look so ordinary at the same time.
This really. I thought he did fairly well.

If you took away his actual chance creation and ability to create openings and chances, then you'd have Lingard, who technically was decent in the first half but really didn't do much.

Miki is a player with ability we can not afford to not use and try to get the most out of.

haram

Dont see the point of him on the RW. Might as well have Mata there.

gica_7

I am quite surprised by the reaction here. There were times he frustrated me too but I thought he was good especially when he moved towards the middle. He will be good for us this year.

Suedesi

Very disappointed in him, thought he was the dog's bollocks at Dortmund but hasn't really shown that level at all with United.

Marcus

I don't think he has the mentality or style of play to succeed at United. He needs so much to be going for him before he can play well. He is like this Ferrari which does well on nicely paved tarmac. Introduce some pebbles or minor imperfections with the road and he derails.

I feel like he's the one who we really need to release from defensive responsibilities. He can be so good going forward but he's just rubbish defensively and when he's anywhere near our own penalty box. When he has to defend he seems to play with himself

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think he's a delightful player. I couldn't watch the second half and I know he can have his bad moments but he's capable of producing superb stuff and moments out of nothing.

Viral United

Can't believe he had score 41 goal for Dortmund,
Should had played Martial instead of him.

Ashley R1+O

He seemed to break mentally after that bizarre dive when he was through on goal. It would have been easier to score, strange. Seems to only really excel with the ball moving at goal and the defense on the back foot running at their own goal. Everything else in his time here has felt very very underwhelming (didn't see him much for Dortmund so not going to comment there). At times I feel like I have no faith in him to keep the ball under pressure which is genuinely unusual for a player of his talent level.

He needs to step it up big time this season or he will fall out of the mix.

ti vu

Either play him centrally or not at all... Never impressed me on the right wing - drifts in and out of games, loses possession too easily... Expected a lot more from this fella really.
For this game we need him to put in a shift on the right wing. You know Madrid has Marcelo & Bale/ Isco. Valencia even in his best for would be outdone. Thing is I see that Micki is not the carrier of the team in big game. He is more supporter good like Carrick, then those who can take the game by it neck & influence it's course.

Nick7

He seemed to break mentally after that bizarre dive when he was through on goal. It would have been easier to score, strange. Seems to only really excel with the ball moving at goal and the defense on the back foot running at their own goal. Everything else in his time here has felt very very underwhelming (didn't see him much for Dortmund so not going to comment there). At times I feel like I have no faith in him to keep the ball under pressure which is genuinely unusual for a player of his talent level.

He needs to step it up big time this season or he will fall out of the mix.
He tripped over his own feet. Wasn't a deliberate dive.

Ephrem

Sorry to say this ...Either he has to improve or needs replacing next summer.

At 28 I expect him to do much more.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Flashes of brilliance mixed with dodgy decision making and careless losses of possession. Things you'd expect from a talented teenager, not from a 28-year-old who's supposed to be at his peak.

Hopefully he improves this season, but he's been a massive disappointment so far.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He seems to be out of sync too often. A real shame, dont really know what to make of him. He scores goals (Europa League, now pre-season) but should offer so much more imo. Strange case

RC89

Clearly at his best through the middle. That being said, strikes me as a bit of a coward. Way too quick to hide in his shell.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's so much better as a AMC.

We are stuck in the same position as we have been in the last few years. Square pegs in round holes.

We either need to play a 3-5-2 with him as an AMC or stick to 4-2-3-1, but then we have to drop Herrera which isn't ideal.

Maybe Jose's plan is to get Perisic so he sticks wide on the left and keeps the width. The problem with him and Lingard in the same team is they both want to come inside and play in the hole. We look so narrow and are crap at quick 1-2's it never works. 1 of the wide men MUST stay wide.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Some of the comments in here are embarrassing. He had an average game no doubt but he's far from fecking shit

Status
Not open for further replies.