ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

AshRK

Although Rahul so far has been far from convincing but I would still persist with him in limited over formats. He is a treat to watch when in full flow and has wide range of shots. I would say even after the WC we should either have him as an opener or a 2 down batsmen. Just stop giving chances to the likes of Jadhav, Shankar, Rayudu and even Dhoni. Build a new squad for 2023 from the get go.

JohnnyKills

If this was one of the more adventurous sides you'd have been looking at a total of 380 from halfway. India don't seem as ruthless in that respect.

Djemba-Djemba

England had a similar innings against India on Sunday, but Ben Stokes at the end smashed a load of boundaries and won us the match.

Can someone do that for India?

Old Ma Crow

It's so annoying seeing Jadeja being reduced to 12th man under the circumstances. What did he do to piss Kohli and Dhoni off? Come on Pant snack em!

Varun

Staff
Would India really have been any worse off if they had someone at the top who gets out for 35 off 25 balls, and have Kohli coming in around over 10-11 instead?
I'd prefer an attacking opener to start off with Rohit, yes. I don't watch enough cricket anymore to know who though

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Imagine if we had Pant from the start of the tournament to allow him to settle in much earlier. @zing still think Shankar decision was correct?

AshRK

I think people have been too focused on Dhoni and our batters that we are not criticising our death bowling from the other day. We conceded 92 runs in last 10 overs where Bumrah bowled 5 and conceded less than 30. That means others conceded 60 plus from their 5 which is just unacceptable. Shami, yes picked upa fiver. but he bowled poor and ended up conceding 32 off his last 2. We should have easily restricted England under 320. I hope Kohli and the staff take a look at that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think people have been too focused on Dhoni and our batters that we are not criticising our death bowling from the other day. We conceded 92 runs in last 10 overs where Bumrah bowled 5 and conceded less than 30. That means others conceded 60 plus from their 5 which is just unacceptable. Shami, yes picked upa fiver. but he bowled poor and ended up conceding 32 off his last 2. We should have easily restricted England under 320. I hope Kohli and the staff take a look at that.
I agree, Shami bowled well in the middle but his death bowling was all wrong. Bumrah must have been seething after doing all the great economical work for little reward wicket-wise.

zing

Zingle balls
Don't think it is just about Pant's runs today. Shankar looks technically sound but has not shown of he has temperament to absorb pressure at big stage.

Jinxed Pant :lol:
That and I think our top order is so good we don't need a purely classical number 4. Not many number 4s come in at 30th over on average.

I think we should've experimented with pant and Rahul in swapped positions about a year ago. But this is good.

Edit: couldn't have done. Dhawan was ok a year ago

prateik

5 wickets down and 5 overs to go.. Dhoni in the middle.. We should get to 300.

AshRK

I agree, Shami bowled well in the middle but his death bowling was all wrong. Bumrah must have been seething after doing all the great economical work for little reward wicket-wise.
Also think CHahal was poor. SHort boundary or not you have to bowl intelligent too. He had to change his game plan rather than just playing to Stokes hand and going after his wicket. Some times bowling economical without getting wickets is also smart.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
We have blown away our advantage completely. Bangla are well in this game now. Anything below 320 to chase and it is 50/50. May be even Bangla favs then depending on their start.

JohnnyKills

This is poor from India. They should have been aiming at 380-400 from the halfway point, now they're struggling to get 320.