2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

In Rainbows

Was mentioned by LVG as one of those injured in today's presser.
He was injured prior to Burnley. I don't think he said he's still injured. Just that he's not ready to play a PL match yet and they want to be careful with him.

khoazany

How many of our loanees have done well guys? They all fail, simply because the clubs don't give a dogshite about them and if someone like Wilson plays in a very defensive and bad side, it just doesnt fit him at all. Keep.
Lawrence,Lingard and M.Keane all had good loans last season and one of them is with the first team now.

Agree that I won't send Wilson on loan as of yet.Considering our 3 LB/LWB (Shaw,James,Young) are either injured or not fit enough to play the whole game at the moment I won't rule out it will happen at some point with our strikers.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Lawrence,Lingard and M.Keane all had good loans last season and one of them is with the first team now.

Agree that I won't send Wilson on loan as of yet.Considering our 3 LB/LWB (Shaw,James,Young) are either injured or not fit enough to play the whole game at the moment I won't rule out it will happen at some point with our strikers.
Lawrence his loan was decent, Lingard had a brilliant start but it went backwards from then on. But they were good/decent loans, out of the many. Our loanees often seem not to do really well, wouldnt loan him.

khoazany

Lawrence his loan was decent, Lingard had a brilliant start but it went backwards from then on. But they were good/decent loans, out of the many. Our loanees often seem not to do really well, wouldnt loan him.
Johnstone and Barmby had good loans as well last season.People tend to remember bad loans rather than good ones though.When he needs to get the experience that we can't provide, loan is the only choice.

RedStarUnited

One of the daftest logic you'll see, people think he'll improve more by training with Falcao(even though he'll keep warming the bench whether he is ready to play or not because he'll never get game time ahead of our "stars" upfront), than actually playing competitive games. Redcafe logic at it's best.
Thats assuming he goes on loan to a team that will fully use him. We sent G.Rossi to Newcastle and he barely played. Ideally, he would be loaned to a premier league team that will actually play him every game. Its a shame that Barca can send their youths to teams like Sevilla, and see them performing in their league day on day out.

Wilson on loan to like Southampton and getting game time would be the most ideal solution. But prem teams dont seem to like doing that here.

khoazany

Thats assuming he goes on loan to a team that will fully use him. We sent G.Rossi to Newcastle and he barely played. Ideally, he would be loaned to a premier league team that will actually play him every game. Its a shame that Barca can send their youths to teams like Sevilla, and see them performing in their league day on day out.

Wilson on loan to like Southampton and getting game time would be the most ideal solution. But prem teams dont seem to like doing that here.
I'm sure if there's no cap for PL loan Leicester will try to bring in a lot of our lads.

Hoof the ball

What is the benefit of sending him out on loan to a club, even a Premier League one, that doesn't believe, play or perform to the philosophy or mentality that LvG believes in? Isn't it counter-productive for him to come under tutelage of lesser quality players playing in a system that doesn't match his skill-set? Doesn't going out on loan delay the process of Wilson learning LvG's approach and role? What LvG expects of Wilson in terms of precise role, I imagine, will differ greatly from what others expect.....and won't that delay his learning?

I don't think Sunderland did Welbeck any good. I don't think it'll do Wilson any good.

Train with the best, observe the best, play with the best, play as the best.

jb8521

Ah ok thanks. The Sky article mentioned Herrera, Rafael, Anderson featuring in a 4-2 win and didn't spot him in the training clips so was wondering.

Any idea who the other scorers were ? And who else featured from the younger lot ?
Not sure who else scored or played was just told he played part of the game and scored

lysglimt

Scout
To send someone like Wilson out on loan with his injury problems, would be madness. Partly because our medical staff is (or hopefully should be) a lot better than in a Championship or League-1 side. And partly because I fear they would feel pressure to use him, even if he wasn't 100% fit.

First we need to sort out his injury-problems, then we can send him out on loan

lysglimt

Scout
Johnstone and Barmby had good loans as well last season.People tend to remember bad loans rather than good ones though.When he needs to get the experience that we can't provide, loan is the only choice.
Johnstone probably was the best of the bunch - he was brilliant last season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Yeah, I said in my next post that loan might not be ideal either. It all depends of the club you loan him too, and of course player himself, usually players who are physically ready and are big talents find it easier to get enough playing time, it's simple really. If manager finds him much better than the options they've got, of course he'll play him, but if he realise he is as good as one of players he already has and who will actually play for them next year too, then it's a no brainer for that manager who to pick. That's why the club needs to be careful with loaning the players, and I don't think we were that much lately, altough it's fair to say that players we loaned weren't really that big talents as we would maybe think. Wilson definitely is, and shouldn't be wasting any time.

FromTheBench

Where's he ?

LVG said 2/3 weeks ago he wasn't fully ready and he seemingly played in the Behind closed doors friendly.

Could use him off the bench with all 3 strikers starting now.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If he's fit, I think the defensive crisis isn't helping his cause much. Either way, we need to get him back playing even if it's reserve level.

NoPace

Burnley would be a great loan. They only have 1 goal so far this season and desperately need some attacking threat, and it ain't coming from Jutkiewicz or Marvin Sordell, who is truly horrid.

Other than that, I fear he'd be buried if loaned to a Prem side. There are lots of shit Prem teams with half-decent number strikers like QPR (Austin and Vargas) or even Palace (Chamakh, Gayle and Campbell all bring at least something to the table). It's not like at CM where players like Burnley's CM's (sorry David Jones, you were a great reserve player here and are a good passer who just grew up in the wrong country) Whelan and Barton are all first choice despite not being good enough for top-level football.

Bwuk

Wouldn't be surprised if we loaned him. Januzaj can be the 4th striker.

Devil may care

Sunderland would be a good loan move for him IMO, Poyet has no goals up front at all and I think Wilson would do well under him.

Sweet Square

Yeah I can't see a loan at all. Would be a waste for both him and United(I think he's just injured at the moment was in the stands with Fellaini,so he's clearly in the first team squad)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Burnley would be a great loan. They only have 1 goal so far this season and desperately need some attacking threat, and it ain't coming from Jutkiewicz or Marvin Sordell, who is truly horrid.

Other than that, I fear he'd be buried if loaned to a Prem side. There are lots of shit Prem teams with half-decent number strikers like QPR (Austin and Vargas) or even Palace (Chamakh, Gayle and Campbell all bring at least something to the table). It's not like at CM where players like Burnley's CM's (sorry David Jones, you were a great reserve player here and are a good passer who just grew up in the wrong country) Whelan and Barton are all first choice despite not being good enough for top-level football.
Austin's dreadful. Utterly Championship standard.

pseudo_canadian

Wouldn't be surprised if we loaned him. Januzaj can be the 4th striker.
I don't like the idea of Januzaj as a striker. It takes away both Wilson's chances to get minutes, as well as playing Januzaj is a position that doesn't really suit him in my opinion.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
2 goals so far this season for a struggling team isn't bad. Both were great finishes too.
Go and talk to QPR fans, see what they think of him and whether he's up to it.

Redo91

Go and talk to QPR fans, see what they think of him and whether he's up to it.
I have. My dads one. I watch a good few of their games as a result and I think he's decent. Not as good as Remy but I could see him getting 15+ goals in the PL.

Man Utd 2:1 Everton

Sam

He plays eerily similar to a young RVP. Even the way he runs at times. Thought he had a good little cameo today.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nice to see him get on the pitch but he was shoved out wide right and we turn to shit at the end of every match which makes it hard for any of our subs to make much of an impact.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Can't really judge him based on that performance, but the minutes will do him the world of good. The more minutes he gets, the more he'll feel he belongs there.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Only noticed his nice little touch just after coming on. Shame we sat back the whole time he was on the pitch, as it never gave him a chance to actually do anything. Good to see him get on the pitch at least.

He does look like a very talented striker. He's got good speed and touch on the ball. This season is a great opportunity for him. With Rooney suspended and Welbeck leaving gives him a chance to get more minutes than we predicted he would. Van Gaal isn't afraid to throw youngsters into the team and of course he's still subbing Falcao in the last quarter of games. Chances will be there for the taking.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Good foul, safely outside the box.

Clever boy.

m1y2

He plays eerily similar to a young RVP. Even the way he runs at times. Thought he had a good little cameo today.
agree, I noticed that before, has got a good RVP-esque swing in his foot as well. Shame he didn't have much time to impress but very nice to see another youngster given a chance. I believe he can score if he plays from the beginning but that is hard to happen when van Persie is favoured all the time despite his below par performances and Falcao as a big name.. I would also like to see more of pereira as I think we should promote our midfielders first as its our weakest point in terms of depth. Well defense is one as well but we already give chances to youngsters there..

khoazany

agree, I noticed that before, has got a good RVP-esque swing in his foot as well. Shame he didn't have much time to impress but very nice to see another youngster given a chance. I believe he can score if he plays from the beginning but that is hard to happen when van Persie is favoured all the time despite his below par performances and Falcao as a big name.. I would also like to see more of pereira as I think we should promote our midfielders first as its our weakest point in terms of depth. Well defense is one as well but we already give chances to youngsters there..
The problem is we have too many deadwood CMs.Fellani doesn't add any value to the squad currently and Fletcher has been poor so far not to mention the useless Anderson but they will continue to take the spot from the bench ahead of the youngsters.

m1y2

The problem is we have too many deadwood CMs.Fellani doesn't add any value to the squad currently and Fletcher has been poor so far not to mention the useless Anderson but they will continue to take the spot from the bench ahead of the youngsters.
fellaini isawfull even he came on after a long time sidelined with injury. He is just too slow, can't catch the player at the right time. Fletch not playing as a vice captain says it all. It's probably his last season. And as for Anderson I think it's his season. Oh wait, he is injured Valencia had a good game as CM so I think he is a priority as well..