2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Red_toad

The problem is we have too many deadwood CMs.Fellani doesn't add any value to the squad currently and Fletcher has been poor so far not to mention the useless Anderson but they will continue to take the spot from the bench ahead of the youngsters.
As we're already having to include youngsters in key areas, Van Gaal has to be careful & have experienced players at his disposal on the bench. Pretty easy for fans to moan about who's on the bench yet ignore who's in the team. We ended the match with 3 youngster on the pitch, pretty fair going for any team.

khoazany

As we're already having to include youngsters in key areas, Van Gaal has to be careful & have experienced players at his disposal on the bench. Pretty easy for fans to moan about who's on the bench yet ignore who's in the team. We ended the match with 3 youngster on the pitch, pretty fair going for any team.
I didn't blame LVG to include them.I just stated the fact that we have too many CMs who are not good enough but will always take place ahead of the youngsters.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I cant understand why we played him to be honest. We were winning the game and Everton was bound to push us to the ropes. Having two forwards in that circumstances is risky enough. Replacing a world class striker with a kid is in my opinion a risk too big to take.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Would have been better to put on Fellaini for Falcao tbh and keep Valencia on. There wasn't much need for Wilson and he's no defender. Wasn't a good game for him to play in like this.

jb8521

I cant understand why we played him to be honest. We were winning the game and Everton was bound to push us to the ropes. Having two forwards in that circumstances is risky enough. Replacing a world class striker with a kid is in my opinion a risk too big to take.
Judging by Van Gaals comments after the game he wanted us to pick Everton off on the break as they went forward looking for an equalizer similar to how Holland did against Spain and probably thought Wilson's pace was the best way to do it getting into space with Baines flying forward but we never got enough control to do that

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Weird decision to bring him on to wing position to defend, we probably had better players for that. Still, decent came even in that position.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Judging by Van Gaals comments after the game he wanted us to pick Everton off on the break as they went forward looking for an equalizer similar to how Holland did against Spain and probably thought Wilson's pace was the best way to do it getting into space with Baines flying forward but we never got enough control to do that
Fine logic, bizarre choice then to use Wilson instead of Januzaj for that role.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I think Wilson was chosen because he might have been better at tracking back than any of the other attacking players we had. I'd much rather put on someone like Thorpe and played him in midfield to help shore things up there.

Sam

Its really hard to watch that video and not get excited by this lads potential.

Acole9

Outstanding
Gave away a bit of a needless foul today. van Gaal clearly rates him though and I think he's got a big future here.

Bwuk

Good to see him get used today at least. So annoyed we threw the capital cup game away, would of been a great tournament to give him, McNair, Thorpe, Blackett and Januzaj extra game time.

Cockney-Red

Spending a year as an 18 year old competing for places with three of the top ten strikers in world football at their peak is hugely beneficial to any young talented player who believes he can reach that level. He can learn so many good habits in terms of positioning, movement and decisions as well as how to carry yourself as a professional at the very top. You'd be stupid to think he wont benefit.

However, if 18 monthss down the line he's still not getting regular gametime then you'd start to worry.
Great post.

I would look at loaning him out next season if he still isn't playing regularly.

FromTheBench

Any reason why he doesn't even make the bench today?
Seems LVG has gone with all experienced options now they are fit.

I think him not being on the bench and 3 CM's + Young being suggests a 4-3-3 to me as well.

DevilRed

Would love to see him get a go today. This is what our club is about.

We need to build for the future and inject some additional hunger and pace into our team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I thought he'd start today actually, but I guess the formation didn’t allow.

Dazzmondo

He could cause Chelsea a lot of problems if he comes on when everyone else is tiring. Wicked pace and good dribbling ability to go with that. Obviously his finishing ability goes without saying. They won' know too much about him, I'm sure.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Before Falcao came to us....he has asked RVP to wear the number 9 shirt but he wanted to wear his number 20 shirt.....oh Louis :lol:
At least that is the actual #9 shirt. But telling him to change from 47 to 49 because there is a 9 in it is weird. They're both just random high numbers. Must be all apart of the philosophy.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Watching the game at a Chelsea supporters, bold move.

FromTheBench

Good to see him get on today. LVG has put him on 2 crucial junctures already since been fit. Seems to rate him highly indeed.

Didn't have much of a chance today but he needs to improve his all round involvement a bit too. Would have been a excellent option if Chelsea hadn't bunkered in a more open game if level.