2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Brightonian

Good to see him get on today. LVG has put him on 2 crucial junctures already since been fit. Seems to rate him highly indeed.

Didn't have much of a chance today but he needs to improve his all round involvement a bit too. Would have been a excellent option if Chelsea hadn't bunkered in a more open game if level.
His all round involvement will be fine in less of a nightmare of a game. Twenty minutes against a much stronger Chelsea side in a half where they were generally in control is hardly much of a chance for a youngster.

Nonetheless it's good to see him getting on the pitch. Important that he feels there's a way forward for him at the club. Especially since the evidence is growing (despite the goal) that RVP's best years are now behind him. With Danny and Chicha gone, Wilson will be a superb understudy to Rooney and Falcao.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Was unlucky with the header. Also a nice flick on to RVP. Pity we couldn't create more chances for him.

JohnnyLaw

I've really liked what i've seen from his 2(?) cameos this season. He just looks so up for it, fearless.

SirAF

Ageist
Nice to see him come on today, it would have been a good experience for him. He's always looking sharp!

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Great to see him used in such an important game. Lost our soul didn't we?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Loved the shot of Pereira, sat next to Wilson, sat next to Blackett, all sat behind Giggs.
Yeh, it did look like a school photo a little.

But yeh, great to see and as I said, in such a big game too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to see him come on at such an important point in a big game, clearly is valued highly. He just seems like he always has the instinct for goals, he has good movement and has shown that he's a good finisher. If he can get over the injury niggles that seem to happen often to him I reckon we'll have a top center forward in the future. He could probably do a job on loan at another premier league club already, though I'd prefer if we kept him here to develop him. Same with Januzaj and Pereira. They just seem like the special talents that don't need sending out.

Don't want to keep banging on about it, but there is a clear difference between Wilson and Welbeck IMO and why I think Wilson will make it here. Wilson just has that knack and strikers instinct of being in a spot to have a chance (like for his header which he did quite well with to be honest). He's fast, he's good on the ball and seems good in the air as well. Needs to bulk up a bit but once he does and as he develops, I think he'll be a top player. Couldn't ask for better in terms of quality and the variety of strikers to learn from.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Glad to see the lad get a few more minutes under his belt. It tells a lot about how much LVG rates him, to bring him on when chasing such a big game. It will do the kid a world of confidence. Really want to see him get a goal soon.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I agree that you just feel he will score if he gets half a chance. Will be RVP's natural successor

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Out of all our players, I hope Wilson gets the winner on Sunday. The amount of piss that would boil in the media and among Petrodollar FC fans would be fan-fecking-tastic.

Our penchant for bringing through young talent continues to make a mockery of those who claimed that we "sold our soul" in the summer.

Ekeke

It wouldnt surprise me to see him put in a better performance than any of our strikers this season. No pressure or anything, but the standards have been low so far

Man City 1:0 Man Utd

FromTheBench

Looked bright when he came on today. Some nice touches and one good run where Kompany covered well after he had beaten one player.

Should have maybe brought him earlier slightly.

Devil may care

I love how much confidence LvG has in him, to sub off RvP when we needed a goal with 10 minutes to go says a lot about how Wilson is viewed.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I love this kid. Despite what some neanderthals say, our future is bright with guys like him already a presence on our team.

khoazany

Need to start a game to begin scoring goals.It's very hard to play well when you kept being thrown in the last 10-20 min in tough occasions like that.Despite saying that good to see LVG putting too much faith on him.

Need to start a game to begin scoring goals.It's very hard to play well when you kept being thrown in the last 10-20 min in tough occasions like that.Despite saying that good to see LVG putting too much faith on him.
Yeah we're asking miracles of him so soon as we sub him on in desperate circumstances. When was the last time we were comfortable in a game and could bring him on for a decent runout? Or at the moment we don't have enough games where we could give him a definite start. He is potentially a top striker in the making.

Irrational.

Yeah we're asking miracles of him so soon as we sub him on in desperate circumstances. When was the last time we were comfortable in a game and could bring him on for a decent runout? Or at the moment we don't have enough games where we could give him a definite start. He is potentially a top striker in the making.
Agreed, not everyone can have a debut like Federico Macheda.

He deserves a start based on his reserve performances but I can't see one coming soon, considering we'll have Falcao back soon as well.

Maybe once we're in the FA Cup he'll have a chance to shine and really show us what he can do.

khoazany

Agreed, not everyone can have a debut like Federico Macheda.

He deserves a start based on his reserve performances but I can't see one coming soon, considering we'll have Falcao back soon as well.

Maybe once we're in the FA Cup he'll have a chance to shine and really show us what he can do.
I think you forgot what happened last season...

In Rainbows

Glad he's getting minutes. He's not had any chances to score, but playing in packed stadiums is big for him and any youngster. Slowly getting used to the atmosphere at first team level is good. He'll be slightly less bothered by it than if he was to just suddenly start.

I think he'll take his chance when he gets a start in December.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd give him a start next weekend if Falcao is still out. Play the three of him, RvP and Rooney at the top of a midfield diamond. Looks very promising.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's been good to see him come on in two big games now. van Gaal clearly rates this lad.

Fazer

I was disappointed he didn't get to come on earlier as his pace would have been put to good
use as we defended deep early in the second half.
I reckon the future is bright for him here as RVP won't be here forever.