View full 2014-15 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I was disappointed he didn't get to come on earlier as his pace would have been put to good
use as we defended deep early in the second half.
I reckon the future is bright for him here as RVP won't be here forever.
Seems like the perfect replacement for RvP too. Not the same type of player, but he is technically good, left footed, and just seems like a complete striker. Hopefully he stays injury free, as talent wise he has everything to become a top striker for both United and England.

ChrisNelson

I don't think he will start against Palace, but I certainly don't think he will be left on the bench as long if things aren't going right (and let's be honest, 'right' against Palace should be a couple of goals up after an hour).

I really hope LvG fast tracks him in to the first team as RvP winds down over the next year/ 18 months. I've kept a close eye on him like we all have and he is seriously talented.

Even my dad realises now - he was at my house letting a builder in last week and helped himself to half an hour of MUTV, when I walked in the door he said 'you're right about this Wilson he looks good'!!

ZDwyr

I don't think he will start against Palace, but I certainly don't think he will be left on the bench as long if things aren't going right (and let's be honest, 'right' against Palace should be a couple of goals up after an hour).

I really hope LvG fast tracks him in to the first team as RvP winds down over the next year/ 18 months. I've kept a close eye on him like we all have and he is seriously talented.

Even my dad realises now - he was at my house letting a builder in last week and helped himself to half an hour of MUTV, when I walked in the door he said 'you're right about this Wilson he looks good'!!
My dad said the exact same thing to me today :lol:

IwatUwat

The U21's play through balls, maybe someone should suggest this to the first 11.

Skills

Snitch
The U21's play through balls, maybe someone should suggest this to the first 11.
Kagawa's started playing them now that he's back at Dortmund. Probably played about 5 in total in his 2 years with us.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Didn't last the full 90 again. Any word whether he picked up a niggle or not?
No injury this time. Wilson and Pereira were withdrawn around the hour-mark due to their semi-first team status. He did limp around for a couple of minutes after a tackle in the first half, but then he always does that. Dodgy ankle. No question about it.

ZDwyr

No injury this time. Wilson and Pereira were withdrawn around the hour-mark due to their semi-first team status. He did limp around for a couple of minutes after a tackle in the first half, but then he always does that. Dodgy ankle. No question about it.
That's disheartening to hear. Hopefully he can manage it throughout his career.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Would at least stop the Van Persie "favoured son of Van Gaal" drum for a week.

Sam

With RVP looking a shadow of his former self, Falcao constantly unfit/injured, and Rooney considered by LVG a #10, the scene really is set up perfectly for Wilson to make his mark. And at this rate, we're going to need him too, and quickly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really hope that's true. Not only would it keep van Persie on his toes (and boy does he really need that) but it'd be so great to see our identity-ridden side led by a homegrown talent. If he starts, I feel like he scores. It's basically how it is at U21 level, how much harder could it be here?:angel:

ZDwyr

I hope the Wilson thing is true, not the McNair and Blackett part. I would rather Carrick be in there ahead of Blackett to be honest. We need to win this match, can't afford any mistakes and two young CBs are more likely to make one.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I like the look of Wilson but not sure if he should be starting for us yet. I would rather see Rooney up front in a 4-3-3.

If Wilson does start, we know that LVG will want to play Rooney, so does that mean going back to the diamond?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I like the look of Wilson but not sure if he should be starting for us yet. I would rather see Rooney up front in a 4-3-3.

If Wilson does start, we know that LVG will want to play Rooney, so does that mean going back to the diamond?
We can play the same line-up as against City but with Wilson for van Persie so Rooney is the 10 in a 4-3-3.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Home to Palace should be a good game to give him a start. I think we'll go back to 2 up front for this one, so a start for Mata too...

Wilson - Rooney
Mata
Di Maria ----- Herrera
Blind
Shaw - Blackett - McNair - Rafael
DDG​

Personally I'd be more comfortable with Carrick at CB though...

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Home to Palace should be a good game to give him a start. I think we'll go back to 2 up front for this one, so a start for Mata too...

Wilson - Rooney
Mata
Di Maria ----- Herrera
Blind
DDG​

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Not only I think it would be nice to see Wilson, McNair and Blackett start but I think that side and system will get the best out of those 4 midfielders.

ZDwyr

Wilson - Rooney
Mata
Di Maria ----- Herrera
Blind
DDG​

Any reason why Fellaini is dropped? He's been in our top 3 players for our last three matches

EDIT: I don't mind the team though. If Wilson does play I'd like him to have someone up there with him.

bosnian_red

Any reason why Fellaini is dropped? He's been in our top 3 players for our last three matches

EDIT: I don't mind the team though. If Wilson does play I'd like him to have someone up there with him.
Probably just because he's not needed in his type of game. He's not one of our best players or anything, he'll be a player who comes in for certain games or gets thrown on later in games to do a job. Don't think he has the quality to be first choice. Certainly isn't as good as herrera and the others we have there.

bosnian_red

Hopefully that's true
Delighted for wilson, but was it just me who though Van persie actually played quite well? Was isolated a lot but he looked sharp, did brilliantly on that one move and in general his hold up play was good, apart from one or two instances. In recent weeks he has been a lot better then the opening few games anyways.

Mark_GrumpyLion

I would love to see Wilson start over RvP. He seems composed and hungry to me and has more pace than RvP, which seems to fit our current playing style more. It would also show that LvL goes for form over established name. RvP has been pretty poor this season and with Falcao out, Wilson deserves his chance to shine.

ZDwyr

Probably just because he's not needed in his type of game. He's not one of our best players or anything, he'll be a player who comes in for certain games or gets thrown on later in games to do a job. Don't think he has the quality to be first choice. Certainly isn't as good as herrera and the others we have there.
Except he has been in the last few matches. Certainly the equivalent of (if not higher) than anything Herrera has produced this season. Although, I agree the opposition may have a say on who plays.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Except he has been in the last few matches. Certainly the equivalent of (if not higher) than anything Herrera has produced this season. Although, I agree the opposition may have a say on who plays.
Well that is certainly not true. Ander was significantly better than Marouane this season, or the last. Love how after a couple of weeks out, we're downgrading his performances. Infact Herrera has been one of the Top 20 players in the league so far performance wise, and is on numerous team of the season watch-lists.

Ander was more creative, more productive scoring 2 goals, had a better passing rate, played more decisive passes, won back more possession, was disciplined less often, had more open play dribbles etc etc and was better statistically :

Dunno how anyone can claim otherwise. Another thing to note, is that since Ander been injured, our style of play has regressed, and our most important player thus far - Di Maria has been forced wide to accommodate others rendering him subpar, instead of the #8 he's so effective at. Can't wait till Herrera makes a comeback following full recovery. Not only has he been better despite coming into a new league but he has much higher upside.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well that is certainly not true. Ander was significantly better than Marouane this season, or the last. Love how after a couple of weeks out, we're downgrading his performances. Infact Herrera has been one of the Top 20 players in the league so far performance wise, and is on numerous team of the season watch-lists.

Ander was more creative, more productive scoring 2 goals, had a better passing rate, played more decisive passes, won back more possession, was disciplined less often, had more open play dribbles etc etc and was better statistically :

Dunno how anyone can claim otherwise. Another thing to note, is that since Ander been injured, our style of play has regressed, and our most important player thus far - Di Maria has been forced wide to accommodate others rendering him subpar, instead of the #8 he's so effective at. Can't wait till Herrera makes a comeback following full recovery. Not only has he been better despite coming into a new league but he has much higher upside.
Not getting into the Hererra v Fellaini debate but those stats mean feck all. You're comparing a sample of just 5 games where Herrera mainly played against cannon fodder and Fellaini played against the best two teams in the league.